Easy/Simple custom recipes

Gek2Win

Re: Easy/Simple custom recipes

Post by Gek2Win » Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:24 pm

I heard cocktail sticks are good for that.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:27 pm

Gek2Win wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:24 pm
I heard cocktail sticks are good for that.
Are you called Eguina Sutland?
Al Dewar, if you are reading this, please give me a job/ all variants of all figures you have ever produced (delete as applicable).

Gek2Win

Post by Gek2Win » Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:29 pm

No... Not here...

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:31 pm

Gek2Win wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:29 pm
No... Not here...
I didn’t think you would be.
Al Dewar, if you are reading this, please give me a job/ all variants of all figures you have ever produced (delete as applicable).

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:13 pm

WORK-IN-PROGRESS
Proof of concept "Revenge of the Cybermen" Sarah Jane Smith made from a Primeval body.
Never been happy with the tiny paint bubbles.
Still have to clean up the hands and the neck, and smooth out the pants where possible. Maybe dull them a little, too.
Not sure how the head really works with the body. Maybe I'll try swapping it if I can find a different Sarah Jane head.

Be nice or I'll bring back this: https://i.imgur.com/TGx4F7A.jpg

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:26 pm

skifflebits wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:13 pm
WORK-IN-PROGRESS
Proof of concept "Revenge of the Cybermen" Sarah Jane Smith made from a Primeval body.
Still have to clean up the hands and the neck, and smooth out the pants where possible. Maybe dull them a little, too.
Not sure how the head really works with the body. Maybe I'll try swapping it if I can find a different Sarah Jane head.

I don't know why but SJ's eyes look like she's smoked something in this picture, I think it might be the redness surrounding them :lol: Not an insult to you of course skiffle, what you've done looks like a good proof of concept. ;)

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:30 pm

Danoftardis wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:26 pm
skifflebits wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:13 pm
WORK-IN-PROGRESS

I don't know why but SJ's eyes look like she's smoked something in this picture, I think it might be the redness surrounding them :lol: Not an insult to you of course skiffle, what you've done looks like a good proof of concept. ;)
It does. If it went into production the hair might have to be tweaked to make the head look a little smaller, but with a factory paintjob that’d look good!

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:42 pm

Yeah, the red around the eyes makes her look stoned. And the hair doesn't do much to make her look like "classic Sarah Jane." Not that classic SJ's hair was that far off, but there's something about the way it interacts with the face that throws it all just a bit off.

Side note on the paint, it actually looks fine on the shelf, it's just when you get this close that the lumps become noticeable.

I didn't even notice the imperfections on the factory-made face until I saw the photo this big.

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:43 pm

Side question: Does anyone know if superfine sandpaper can be used to sand out paint lumps?

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:02 pm

skifflebits wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:43 pm
Side question: Does anyone know if superfine sandpaper can be used to sand out paint lumps?
As long as you’re careful. Might need touching up afterwards. I presume that you sanded whatever you’re painting before starting?