Avon's customs

Deborah J

Re: Avon's customs

Post by Deborah J » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:19 pm

Colour perception is a strange thing, isnt it? My eyes dont actually see the same colours as each other, everything is slightly redder in my left eye and slightly bluer in my right. Like not to a huge degree, but if I quickly alternate back and forth between closing one eye then the other I can see a noticable difference. So that's kind of weird.

TOMFAN

Post by TOMFAN » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:22 pm

Avon wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:20 pm
Thank you all! And Tomfan, superb stuff from that chap on Twitter, think I'll have to look through his stuff, see if he's done anything similar for any of the others. That TARDIS builders article was what nudged me along to do this, along with the prior reason, as I was looking for an article on the Newbury, great read over diner the other night.
If there's anything you need to know about TARDISes, then Clayton is the man to ask!

One of my favourite bits of trivia is this:

And because the doors were too short, that's why the door stops were suddenly added, to stop then being pushed outwards, and snapping off their hinges!

Avon

Post by Avon » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:51 pm

Deborah J wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:19 pm
Colour perception is a strange thing, isnt it? My eyes dont actually see the same colours as each other, everything is slightly redder in my left eye and slightly bluer in my right. Like not to a huge degree, but if I quickly alternate back and forth between closing one eye then the other I can see a noticable difference. So that's kind of weird.
It really is crazy, it sounds daft but I kind of look at everything around me, and I think to myself now, is that how everyone else see's it? That is a bit weird :lol:

Thank you TomFan! I think I have some reading to do.. that's crazy about Hartnell's TARDIS too! I wonder if that was a very intentional change, not only to fix repairs perhaps, maybe along with by that stage, figuring out what worked and what was more efficient on a filming schedule but I'm vaguely aware they knew as of the Celestial Toymaker that Hartnell wanted to leave, or was becoming harder to work with requiring a solution .., perhaps they took the opportunity to introduce some other gradual changes, like Ben and Polly in the same episode? It's crazy to me too, a, how much the TARDIS changes, of course, as a kid I knew of vague differences but I never realized how much especially the Brachacki changed, and b, how long that prop lasted! Four doctors, and it seems, MIA presumed binned. What a find that would be in a garden shed...

That's interesting about River, I'll be honest here and say - apart from her debut, I didn't like her, at all, but BF has made me a McGann and a Colin fan so who knows who they might convince me on...?