Master: The New Series

Moderator: DukeNukem 2417

Valeyard

Master: The New Series

Postby Valeyard » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:31 am

It was possible I suppose…

Of course, as you have all gathered by now, the story you were told about me was not entirely…accurate.

What happened to me when I returned to the last day of The Time War? How did I escape it? Why have I now returned to face The Doctor's pitiful future self? And most importantly…

…what is my master plan?

You shall all find out in good time, my friends. All in good time.

However, it isn't completely unlikely. I may of course be lying. Perhaps there was another incarnation before I became her, but some secrets are best kept locked away.

If you want answers, you will get them, and soon enough, they will be expanded upon, and hopefully not inaccurately this time, I hope. But both you and I shall soon find out. I don't know when exactly, but I certainly hope that they get it done quickly.

I sincerely hope that they tell some other tales about my misadventures across the universe. My life does not revolve around The Doctor, you know. I have after all lived for many centuries, and have been incredibly busy.
Last edited by Valeyard on Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Valeyard

Re: Master: The New Series

Postby Valeyard » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:34 am

'Master' will be rebooted after the release of the Series 10 finale, 'World Enough and Time' and 'The Doctor Falls'.

Expect the unexpected.
Last edited by Valeyard on Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SarahJaneFan

Re: Master: Prospect

Postby SarahJaneFan » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:20 pm

Is this still happening? It’d be a shame if it isn’t. I just read the original series and thoroughly enjoyed it too, the Master is such an interesting character.
Member since July 2013

Valeyard

Postby Valeyard » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:10 pm

SarahJaneFan wrote:Is this still happening? It’d be a shame if it isn’t. I just read the original series and thoroughly enjoyed it too, the Master is such an interesting character.

Thanks, SJF. I completely forgot about this, and I'm interested in coming back to it. The Doctor Falls really bugged me because of how little they did with Simm's Master. It felt like he was there purely for fan service and nothing more.

With The New Series, I'm definitely going to explain how he went from Gallifrey after 'The End of Time' and how he ended up on the ship in 'World Enough and Time'.

Once I get my laptop sorted tonight, I'll get to work on writing. Stay tuned.

~Valeyard

SarahJaneFan

Postby SarahJaneFan » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:16 pm

Valeyard wrote:
SarahJaneFan wrote:Is this still happening? It’d be a shame if it isn’t. I just read the original series and thoroughly enjoyed it too, the Master is such an interesting character.

Thanks, SJF. I completely forgot about this, and I'm interested in coming back to it. The Doctor Falls really bugged me because of how little they did with Simm's Master. It felt like he was there purely for fan service and nothing more.

With The New Series, I'm definitely going to explain how he went from Gallifrey after 'The End of Time' and how he ended up on the ship in 'World Enough and Time'.

Once I get my laptop sorted tonight, I'll get to work on writing. Stay tuned.

~Valeyard

I’m glad you’re still planning on going ahead with this, it’s a shame that there’s not more being posted in the fanfiction section but it is what it is. I have had plans for something involving the Master amongst other ideas but I just haven’t had the drive to do anything and I don’t want to start something and not finish it.
Member since July 2013

Valeyard

Postby Valeyard » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:26 am

Master: Back Into Hell

The final day of The Time War. Dalek ships flew over the capital, destroying everything and everyone in site, as well as deploying ground forces into the city to hunt and exterminate hostile targets. They were unaware of Rassilon's plans, and that Gallifrey had been descending towards Earth. They were hell bent on wiping out the inferior lifeforms that struggled to fight back against them. Victory belonged to them, and stopping them now would be an impossibility. In the parliament of The Time Lords, a burst of white light appeared in the gateway, and suddenly, Rassilon, The Master, and a group of Time Lords on the High Council landed on the floor, with the light vanishing into nothingness. Guards ran into the room, witnessing Rassilon’s lifeless body. The other Time Lords slowly recovered and stood up from the ground, backing away from the glowing yellow body which abruptly burst into a giant gold and orange flash.

Rassilon had regenerated. He was now a very old man, appearing to be a human in his mid 70’s. His eyes slowly began to open as he came to his senses, groaning in pain, shaking vigorously as he did so. Post-regenerative trauma had started to occur, and the room around him appeared distorted beyond belief. He struggled to stand up, almost falling over several times trying to do so. The guards ran to his side, and helped him onto his feet. Rassilon’s vision was slowly beginning to come back, as were his memories. He slowly began to recollect who he was and what had happened back on Earth. It once again dawned on him that Gallifrey would be destroyed. He turned, and saw the unconscious body of The Master led down face first on the ground.

‘Take him away’ ordered Rassilon to his guards. ‘I want him executed, and I intend to carry it out myself for what his cowardly abandonment of Gallifrey those many years ago’. The guards obeyed, seizing The Master by his arms and carried him away down the corridor. Upon stepping out of the parliament room, blue lightning coursed through the bodies of both guards. The Master had regained consciousness. He ran towards the TARDIS launch bay, determined to escape Gallifrey, knowing that it would soon be destroyed. Guards had been positioned everywhere, and knew how much of a threat The Master really was. All of them opened fire on him, the sounds of shots from the blasters filled The Citadel. The Master held his hands against his ears, trying to block out the sheer amount of deafening noise, closing his eyes trying to picture happy memories from his childhood. Then, his eyes shot open.

He remembered the true horrors of The War from his past incarnation. Marigold Lane. Aljann’s fall. And The Dalek Emperor. In all of his lives, he had never witnessed anything as terrifying and as insane as The Dalek Emperor, the thing that caused him to flee to the very ends of the universe and turn into a human just to forget. The Master fell to the floor, head in hands, surrounded by guards. Rassilon approached alongside two Time Ladies. He nodded to the lead guard, who in turn aimed at The Master’s head. Suddenly, a flash of blue light filled the room and struck the lead guard, who fell to the floor, dead. The Master stood, his hands completely blue, with his bones visible, sparks frantically generating.

‘Fix me’. He growled. ‘Now’. The guards looked at each other, confused by what he meant. ‘Fix me! Fix my life force! Then you can kill me! I want to die a sane man, not the opposite’.

‘Very well’. Smirked Rassilon. ‘I shall grant you this last request, and then kill you myself before getting off this damned planet’. He turned and walked back to the parliament in order to dismiss The High Council. He stopped and slowly looked back, watching on as his enemy was dragged away to be fixed, whilst one Time Lady spoke up.

‘Lord President, is it wise to accept his last request? He could easily escape’. The Time Lady enquired.

‘He won’t’. Replied Rassilon. ‘He has nothing to live for, and his life force is a threat to me. There is no doubt in my mind that had I not accepted that request, he would have killed me right there and then’.

‘Why didn’t he just do it?’

‘Like he said, he wants to die a sane man, not the opposite. If he killed me, that wish wouldn’t have been fulfilled. Now go. Fix his life force, and bring him to me’.

The Master was in agony. The Enchantress had ensured that his last request was a painful one. He felt as though he were being killed. He screamed as his lives flashed before his eyes. His first day at the academy, his first battle with The Doctor, all of the planets that he conquered and destroyed, everything leading up to this moment. What felt like an eternity, was in fact a matter of minutes. He dropped to the ground, gasping for breath, shaking with fear and distraught at what had happened. He paused and listened carefully.

There was silence. The drums had stopped. The Master couldn’t believe it. He gradually began to stand up, smiling with genuine happiness. His suffering was over, and he breathed a sigh of relief. His happiness was short lived, as the guards seized him by the arms and took him to Rassilon. He realised now that he had sentenced himself to death purely to regain his own sanity. And now, with his life force fixed, he had no way of escaping.

The guards threw The Master onto the floor before Rassilon, who stood above him, with his gauntlet ready to incinerate his foe. Then he stopped. And smiled.

‘No’. Rassilon murmured. ‘I know a fate worse than death for you. The very place you feared most of all during your crusade in The Time War’. The Master glared at him, clenching his fists. ‘Yes. Aljann. Knowing that you died on the world that scarred you for life, suffering there with no food or water, no hope of survival, will be perfect’. He turned to his guards. ‘Use a timescoop to send him to Aljann immediately’. The guards obeyed, turning their attention away from The Master, who ran for his life.

Flashes of his time in the war appeared before him. He ran through countless corridors before seeing a TARDIS. This was his only chance. He wedged the doors of The TARDIS open, and began flicking switches, buttons and dials. The column began to move, and the sounds of whirring echoed throughout the launch bay, as The Master’s new TARDIS began to fade away. But it was no match for the timescoop. The Master turned on the viewscreen and fell collapsed onto the floor. His TARDIS began crashing into asteroids, colliding onto surfaces of numerous planets such as Skaro, Telos, Sontar and Klom, before crash landing in the devastation of a burnt forest. The Master got up, and attempted to take off, but the console was beyond repair.

‘Please, anywhere but here’. He groaned to himself, trying to put on a brave face. He opened the doors of his TARDIS, which had taken on the appearance of a bus stop sign. ‘Good to see the chameleon circuit works poorly’. He muttered to himself. Before him were the burnt bodies of Gallifreyan soldiers, and shrivelled up Dalek mutants surrounded by the remains of the robotic machines they had been caged within. The Master had returned to his worst nightmare.

Return to “Fanfics”