Doctor What's War Doctor TARDIS

Avon

Re: Doctor What's War Doctor TARDIS

Post by Avon » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:13 am

Beautiful work! love the yellow tinge from the lights, very nicely done, it's something I've not seen many people get truly right with Hurt's which doubly a shame as it's a key feature, and I love the inside too, did you sand the floor down?

Doctor What

Post by Doctor What » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:39 am

Avon wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:13 am
Beautiful work! love the yellow tinge from the lights, very nicely done, it's something I've not seen many people get truly right with Hurt's which doubly a shame as it's a key feature, and I love the inside too, did you sand the floor down?
Yeah I sanded the floor completely flat, took absolutely ages!

Avon

Post by Avon » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:34 pm

That's what you call dedication :lol: the result speaks for itself though, really nice finish to it

Doctor What

Post by Doctor What » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:42 pm

Avon wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:34 pm
That's what you call dedication :lol: the result speaks for itself though, really nice finish to it
If I were to do it again I think I would fill the gaps rather than sand the floor flat, as it left the doors sitting slightly lower than they should, so I had to add a bit to the top of them to stop light bleed.

Doctor What

Post by Doctor What » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:11 pm

So while also working on my full size K9 build i've now also decided to get back into this and to hopefully complete it...

The walls might have to wait a while but I think I can complete pretty much everything else until then. I've been repainting the floor and also finally finished off the screen graphic I was making, based on what was shown in DOTD:

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits » Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:59 pm

Amazing work on the console. I hadn't really noticed until I saw your custom how the color scheme echoes the TVM console. it's makes the War Doctor's console a nice interstitial step between the designs of the TVM and Rose.
Be nice or I'll bring back this: https://i.imgur.com/TGx4F7A.jpg

Avon

Post by Avon » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:22 pm

^ Definitely! I hadn't clocked the TARDIS as much as the costume was "the missing link", can't wait to see more