Mark's Custom Daleks

Fincon1

Mark's Custom Daleks

Post by Fincon1 »

As part of my 12" Dalek collection, I also have a number of customs. Some of them I did myself (repaints, mostly), and others I bought on eBay. This is one of the latter which arrived today, a rather fabulous recreation of the "Metaltron" from the Christopher Eccleston episode "Dalek". I'm really pleased with this one. It's a genuinely good custom with lots of lovely details.

DalekCheese

Re: Mark's Custom Daleks

Post by DalekCheese »

He’s very good. Seller?

Fincon1

Post by Fincon1 »

DalekCheese wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:48 pm
He’s very good. Seller?
goldwuk but I am not sure if he made it himself.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

Ah, thanks :)

Fincon1

Post by Fincon1 »

Well, I was bored during the lockdown, and I have a few broken Daleks lying around, so I made this custom from the Mutation of Time book cover. It's just a simple repaint of a silver PE.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

Nice to see you posting daleks again, your old thread before the reset was what originally inspired me to make my dalek. And although it took another year and a half, I got on with that eventually. I hope you repost some of your earlier pictures, you had some great stuff.

Fincon1

Post by Fincon1 »

Okay Deborah, you asked for it! And I'm glad if I was of some inspiration. I've really enjoyed "Deborah does Dalek"!

Here are the first customs I made. From left to right a Saucer Pilot, Chase Dalek, Supreme Dalek and Destiny Dalek. You can't see it, but the Saucer Pilot has an Action Man radar dish on the back. I would like to make some little bombs for the Destiny Dalek, but not really sure how to make them so they look good enough.

Fincon1

Post by Fincon1 »

Next up, and also based on Product Enterprise 12" models, the Weetabix Dalek, the Red Top and the Tussauds Dalek. The red top was, of course, especially easy, but I've always loved how a mismatch made it into Dalek canon.

Fincon1

Post by Fincon1 »

12" New Series Daleks are much easier (and cheaper) to come by, so I wasn't too fussed about really hacking one apart to make a mutant reveal. I also made an Ironsides and the Dalek Inquisitor. There is a little cup and saucer (thanks, Barbie) on the tray carried by the Ironsides. I wish I could change his speeches!

Fincon1

Post by Fincon1 »

I was very lucky and managed to obtain some non-functioning movie Daleks, which I dismantled and converted into the first movie versions, which are amongst my favourites. The colours are excellent.