CaptainJimiPie's Customs

CaptainJimiPie

CaptainJimiPie's Customs

Post by CaptainJimiPie »

So after some thought I've decided to "sort of" return to the forum, purely just to post my customs work and that's it, I'm not going to get involved in other threads unless I get drawn into them, I'm not back as any kind of mod or anything like that, I literally just want to post my customs work where more people can see it, just as I've being doing on Gallifey Base

And with that in mind I'll be keeping everything I've done into one thread as I probably won't be on here all that often so it'll be easier for me to respond to comments etc
Last edited by CaptainJimiPie on Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GALLIFREY STANDS!

DalekCheese

Re: CaptainJimiPie's Customs

Post by DalekCheese »

Oh, that’s good. Btw, what do you sculpt the master moulds for your custom heads with? Greenstuff? Milliput? Modelling clay?
AI is here!!

CaptainJimiPie

Resolution Dalek, Lin & The Thirteenth Doctor

Post by CaptainJimiPie »

About 2-3 weeks after Resolution aired I decided to draw up some plans to make my own. Originally I planned to adapt a new series Dalek but after looking over parts more and more it became more obvious I'd have to scratch build the majority of it, so with a few changes I ended up settling on a design that was workable and here it is!
ReconForum.jpg
ReconForum.jpg (221.39 KiB) Viewed 501 times
Complete with a work in progress picture, which shows you the different sections I built it in.
ReconWIPForum.jpg
ReconWIPForum.jpg (147.23 KiB) Viewed 502 times
As you can see the majority of it was scratch sculpted from milliput, with the only "stock" Dalek pieces being a Davros skirt & base, the front section of an ironside Dalek which I trimmed down the middle, a new series claw arm and gun which I trimmed down both.
Then the ring section of the dome was made from a classic Dalek section with a trimmed down neck ring, the dome base is actually an ironside Dalek which I've sculpted over the top of, the eye pivot and end eye piece are the final original parts but also adapted with sculpting.
Everything either (everything white) is basically just a cardboard & paper

Of course a literally a few days after I finished it, it was announced we were getting an official version but I had put too much work into it to scrap it so I decided to finish it and post it, however originally it was going to be a surprise, so I decided to also make The Thirteenth Doctor & Lin from Resolution as a secondary surprise!
13LinForum.jpg
13LinForum.jpg (150.24 KiB) Viewed 502 times
The Doctor is just a standard Thirteenth Doctor with a repainted shirt and a scarf made from a Fourth Doctor scarf and a small bit of milliput to fix it all back together and add some extra folds
Lin was made from quite a mix of parts, her legs are from a Jenny Primeval figure, her Torso was a Stephen Primeval figure but I sculpted on new collars for the jacket and turned the original jacket collars into the inside fleece collars
Her head is a combination of Clara Oswald hair & Amy Pond's hair, originally I did consider making her in her tank top with the Dalek over her but it just wasn't possible in the time I had to make it, but I may well do that in future now I have done this one!

Custom Figure Showcase : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjDL6-MArzo
Last edited by CaptainJimiPie on Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

GALLIFREY STANDS!

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

Alack, I can’t see the pics! I’ll head over to YT
AI is here!!

CaptainJimiPie

Post by CaptainJimiPie »

DalekCheese wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:16 pm
Oh, that’s good. Btw, what do you sculpt the master moulds for your custom heads with? Greenstuff? Milliput? Modelling clay?
I use milliput myself, partly because it's what I've always used but also because my nearest model shop just down the road stocks it so it's easy to get hold without having to get it online. TOMFAN has also been incredibly helpful in offering advice when I've needed it too

GALLIFREY STANDS!

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

Brilliant! And I often use milliput, although I’m not this skilled- normally I use it for sandbags etc, :lol:
AI is here!!

CaptainJimiPie

Post by CaptainJimiPie »

DalekCheese wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:22 pm
Ah that'll be my doing, I was trying to direct link them from GB to save loosing quality on smaller pictures but I'll just edit & reupload them

GALLIFREY STANDS!

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

CaptainJimiPie wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:24 pm
DalekCheese wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:22 pm
Ah that'll be my doing, I was trying to direct link them from GB to save loosing quality on smaller pictures but I'll just edit & reupload them
AI is here!!

Doctor What

Post by Doctor What »

Love these, especially the paintjob on the Recon Dalek, I hope the official one looks that good in hand.

TheSparrow

Post by TheSparrow »

Beep boop
I STILL DON'T HAVE A SIGNATURE. I'VE GIVEN UP AT THIS POINT 👉😎👉