Rackers96 - Customs

Rackers96

Re: Rackers96 - Customs

Post by Rackers96 »

Deborah J wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:27 pm
everyone apreciating the custom while I'm just really enjoying seeing the right font on those custom dvd covers
Yeah I went back and redid them all I accidentally forgot to yellow the husbands for river song but I have the file fixed and ready for print I just have no ink

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

Oh no, disaster, river needs her husbands to be yellowed.

Rackers96

Post by Rackers96 »

I got a couple of broken battle pack daleks for mega cheap on eBay,

So I thought I’d fix them up, one was your standard bronze dalek and the other was a dalek sec, I don’t have a dalek sec, so I’m just going to repair it, plus I really like the paint work on the head slats and gun box!

The Dalek SEC still works so I’m not really going to touch him, but the bronze dalek didn’t work, so I gutted all the electronics look so like there’s may have been a little fire inside him! This guy isn’t getting customed!

One thing I found while doing this custom is there is a completely different sculpt for the plunger and gun for the battle pack daleks! The gun more so is more slender than the classic chunky daleks but still massive compared to current daleks.

L-R for both pics - battle pack dalek, Classic chunky and current daleks

And now for the almost finished dalek; I just have to build this guy an eye but I’m waiting on materials to do so, I’m also thinking about painting the gun and plunger.
I’m super super happy with the paint job on this little guy, I’m now totally convinced the NSD should always be in these colours!!

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

Nice! I love seeing NuSeries Daleks in classic colors.

Rackers96

Post by Rackers96 »

It’s so nice, I’m thinking about doing the mutation of time cover dalek on a new series body next I feel I can get one cheap enough!

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

I've been thinking recently how nice a colour scheme the Destiny of the Daleks one is, probably because my dalek is covered in primer that's just about the exact same light grey as those, I'd imagine a new series dalek would look great in that colour scheme too.

Rackers96

Post by Rackers96 »

Deborah J wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:38 pm
I've been thinking recently how nice a colour scheme the Destiny of the Daleks one is, probably because my dalek is covered in primer that's just about the exact same light grey as those, I'd imagine a new series dalek would look great in that colour scheme too.
I’d like over to see a NSD on the suicide dalek!

Fincon1

Post by Fincon1 »

Rackers96 wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:26 am
Deborah J wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:38 pm
I’d like over to see a NSD on the suicide dalek!
I agree. I've got a couple of spare NSDs floating around so I might give that a go!

Rackers96

Post by Rackers96 »

Finally finished these guys!

Fincon1

Post by Fincon1 »

Nice job!