Compatible Figures and Playsets for Customs

Avon

Re: Compatible Figures and Playsets for Customs

Post by Avon »

90s Playmates Star Trek figures, while being 4.5 inches tall, are a fantastic resource for different heads, perfect size though the joints usually aren't compatible. Likewise for the 6 inch McFaralane 90's X Files figures, I used Mulder for a Captain Hawkins and a Scully for Charley, and I've seen our Emperor Omega use the cryo tubey accessories as Cyberman cryo tombs

Only Star Wars black series figure I've seen used, is Jyn from Rogue 1's head, for a Victoria custom on twitter (one I intend to homage :lol: ), also from twitter seen someone use a 7 inch Marvel Select War Machine to make a Cyberman.., certainly an interesting idea. 90s Kenner Aliens and Predator are mainly 4.5 creeping to 5 inch too, often wondered about using their squat T-800 for a Cyberman. And more generally, dollhouse furniture is more-or-less in scale, though your mileage may vary, and I've had some success with using Lego accessories for Who figures, wine glasses, bottles of wine, videos and finally armed 9 with a banana :lol:

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis »

Deborah J wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:05 am
I didn't know they made figures for the BBC Robin Hood series, did they do one of William Beck's character, I think he was called Royston White? Asking for a friend.
Your 'friend' wants a tiny knobbler to hit people with don't they?

And no they didn't make a figure of poor Roy. In fact I don't think they made many at all.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

Aw, so no custom figure of Dylan Keogh from casualty then :(

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

Avon wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:05 am
90s Playmates Star Trek figures, while being 4.5 inches tall, are a fantastic resource for different heads, perfect size though the joints usually aren't compatible.
The Playmates Star Trek figures are pretty good as base figures for female customs, too. The smaller scale isn't quite as obvious when you're making a shorter character. I made a custom Zoe and a custom Susan a few years back. My sculpting skills are pretty terrible so they didn't turn out that great, but it wasn't the figures' fault. :)

Doctor Gamer

Post by Doctor Gamer »

Deborah J wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:20 pm
Aw, so no custom figure of Dylan Keogh from casualty then :(
Casualty figures would be amazing

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

I hope that Lurker/Al sees this: Line of Duty figures pls thx

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

The figure is the wrong scale, but the shark is a good match if you ever wanted to recreate "A Christmas Carol."

https://www.amazon.com/Animal-Planet-Ex ... mes&sr=1-3