omega1963's custom 12" Daleks

User avatar
omega1963
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:48 pm

Re: omega1963's custom 12" Daleks

Post by omega1963 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:40 pm

DalekCheese wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:36 pm
13?! I WILL TAKE ANY DAMAGED ONES YOU DON’T WANT

If there are any that you don’t want...
I don't have any damaged ones left (a few don't work but still look good) minus a gold 60's style with broken eye i need to keep for now, don't have an unbroken version of this so until I do this one is staying put :lol:
Image

User avatar
Doctor What
Moderator
Posts: 501
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:33 am

Re: omega1963's custom 12" Daleks

Post by Doctor What » Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:40 pm

These are all really awesome! The NSDs really do look great in classic colour schemes. Especially love the pebble mill Dalek, always meant to make that in 5 inch scale.

User avatar
omega1963
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:48 pm

Re: omega1963's custom 12" Daleks

Post by omega1963 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:56 pm

Doctor What wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:40 pm
These are all really awesome! The NSDs really do look great in classic colour schemes. Especially love the pebble mill Dalek, always meant to make that in 5 inch scale.
I know some people aren't a fan of them but I do quite like them, not as much as the originals though I have to say. My current projects are a pair of imperial daleks, one clean and one destroyed as seen in Coal Hill School, still attacking the doctor with its claw.
Image

User avatar
Danoftardis
Posts: 2140
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:21 am
Location: Telos

Re: omega1963's custom 12" Daleks

Post by Danoftardis » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:28 pm

I agree the classic colours make the nsd look even better than usual, love what you've done.
Image

User avatar
omega1963
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:48 pm

Re: omega1963's custom 12" Daleks

Post by omega1963 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:29 pm

I still have 2 nsd left for customisation, any ideas what these should become?
Image

User avatar
Danoftardis
Posts: 2140
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:21 am
Location: Telos

Re: omega1963's custom 12" Daleks

Post by Danoftardis » Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:21 am

omega1963 wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:29 pm
I still have 2 nsd left for customisation, any ideas what these should become?
I've always been a fan of the Cushing movie Daleks, so maybe you could choose two schemes from them. Perhaps the red/gold/black from the first film and the gold/black/silver from the second.
Image

User avatar
DalekCheese
Posts: 2695
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:54 pm
Location: Mondas

Re: omega1963's custom 12" Daleks

Post by DalekCheese » Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:32 am

Or even the silver/gold/black one from the second. Or the supreme council dalek...
Al Dewar, if you are reading this, please give me a job/ all variants of all figures you have ever produced (delete as applicable).

Despite occasional claims to the contrary, the blessed St. Verity Lambert is not recognised by any major church.

User avatar
DalekCheese
Posts: 2695
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:54 pm
Location: Mondas

Re: omega1963's custom 12" Daleks

Post by DalekCheese » Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:55 am

Oh no, I know what the should become...
Mine.
Al Dewar, if you are reading this, please give me a job/ all variants of all figures you have ever produced (delete as applicable).

Despite occasional claims to the contrary, the blessed St. Verity Lambert is not recognised by any major church.

User avatar
omega1963
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:48 pm

Re: omega1963's custom 12" Daleks

Post by omega1963 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:31 am

Danoftardis wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:21 am
omega1963 wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:29 pm
I still have 2 nsd left for customisation, any ideas what these should become?
I've always been a fan of the Cushing movie Daleks, so maybe you could choose two schemes from them. Perhaps the red/gold/black from the first film and the gold/black/silver from the second.
I was actually thinking about the red one. I have a nice collection of movie daleks in 5" scale and just annoyed that I don't have any large fenders for these and the mid sections have the slats rather than the dead planet style ones.
Image

User avatar
Danoftardis
Posts: 2140
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:21 am
Location: Telos

Re: omega1963's custom 12" Daleks

Post by Danoftardis » Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:25 pm

omega1963 wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:31 am
Danoftardis wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:21 am
omega1963 wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:29 pm
I still have 2 nsd left for customisation, any ideas what these should become?
I've always been a fan of the Cushing movie Daleks, so maybe you could choose two schemes from them. Perhaps the red/gold/black from the first film and the gold/black/silver from the second.
I was actually thinking about the red one. I have a nice collection of movie daleks in 5" scale and just annoyed that I don't have any large fenders for these and the mid sections have the slats rather than the dead planet style ones.
I guess you'd have to go with 'inspired by' rather than replica. I reckon the red scheme would look great on the nsd even if it wasn't a perfect match.
Image

Post Reply