Paint match for Character 5' bronze daleks

Hoverbout

Re: Paint match for Character 5' bronze daleks

Post by Hoverbout » Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:18 pm

I found some half-beads that just happen to be exactly the right size. Short-sightedly I didn't A) buy loads or B) make a note of where I found them. I glued them to v thin plasticard and will cut them off leaving a narrow lip all round to simulate the oil seals you see on the props. I will take casts from the remianders.

I have some build pics on another popular forum regarding building Daleks - a couple of threads up from where you posted about a Cusick concept model-(assuming there is only one DalekCheese out there!)

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:19 pm

Hoverbout wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:18 pm
I found some half-beads that just happen to be exactly the right size. Short-sightedly I didn't A) buy loads or B) make a note of where I found them. I glued them to v thin plasticard and will cut them off leaving a narrow lip all round to simulate the oil seals you see on the props. I will take casts from the remianders.

I have some build pics on another popular forum regarding building Daleks - a couple of threads up from where you posted about a Cusick concept model-(assuming there is only one DalekCheese out there!)
Oh, you’re on PDF too! I still have the plans for that, but I haven’t scanned them yet... and yes, I’m either DalekCheese or Roytrommely261 on most of my internet accounts.
Al Dewar, if you are reading this, please give me a job/ all variants of all figures you have ever produced (delete as applicable).

Despite occasional claims to the contrary, the blessed St. Verity Lambert is not recognised by any major church.

Hoverbout

Post by Hoverbout » Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:26 pm

It looks like a fun project!

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:43 pm

Actually, you could get Ford Aztec Bronze or similar and then paint all of them that colour...? Bit of a fag, but would definitely work...
Al Dewar, if you are reading this, please give me a job/ all variants of all figures you have ever produced (delete as applicable).

Despite occasional claims to the contrary, the blessed St. Verity Lambert is not recognised by any major church.

Hoverbout

Post by Hoverbout » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:10 am

Am beginning to think that. The amount of time faffing about looking for a close match vs masking off a few daleks and giving them all a coat of Aztec Bronze... I could also take the opportunity to paint the missing details - eg the 'oil seals' and the light cages etc.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:20 pm

Hoverbout wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:10 am
Am beginning to think that. The amount of time faffing about looking for a close match vs masking off a few daleks and giving them all a coat of Aztec Bronze... I could also take the opportunity to paint the missing details - eg the 'oil seals' and the light cages etc.
Yes, that would work. Plus, you could do the light cages in silver metallic sharpie (trust me, it works)...

Hoverbout

Post by Hoverbout » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:08 pm

Sharpie are tried and tested in a pinch, aren't they. Apparently the beady black eyes on the Rancor monster were ball bearings inked with a black sharpie...

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:22 pm

Hoverbout wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:08 pm
Sharpie are tried and tested in a pinch, aren't they. Apparently the beady black eyes on the Rancor monster were ball bearings inked with a black sharpie...
Any reply from CO about the paint codes?

Hoverbout

Post by Hoverbout » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:35 am

not yet...