Avon's customs

Deborah J

Re: Avon's customs

Post by Deborah J » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:32 pm

Pratt is a whole crispy skull mask, and his voice is dry and cracky, so I could believe normal fleshy human Beevers could get all burned up to look and sound like pratt, then partly recuperate to still be a little more crispy, but more fleshy, more intact and look nd sound like himself, which is beevers, just a little crispy.

SJF

Post by SJF » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:33 pm

skifflebits wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:54 pm
SJF wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:05 am
And in my headcanon Television Who is in a pocket universe so I never try to reconcile it.
All of Doctor Who is just a spin-off from some TV21 comics.

Hey, wasn't this Avon's thread?
The means of production belongs to all!

Avon

Post by Avon » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:20 pm

:lol: I don't mind haha! I love the conversations here, it's really quite interesting as I'm only just starting to listen to BF, for me, cannon is a fluid thing, hell I'm happy to ignore stuff in the TV show, or, "edit" it, I think there's plenty to enjoy and enrich the show from the EU like any franchise, some BF stuff I'd prefer to ignore, same with the comics, the books etc, but overall I see it being as valid as anything else, in my opinion. So many stories you can tell but are impossible on TV, not just with regards to sfx but getting people to meet each other out of the standard linear (like 9 and the Brig).

So basically, Traken crispy was non crispy to start, got crispier thanks to bald Master, healed partially as indicated by 4 after DA and possibly paid a quick trip to Boots to end up as a halfway between normal Traken and extra crispy, I can buy that :lol: Dreyfus doesn't look much older than Hartnell, as an aside, his hair and beard are graying in the photos, at least, so I could see him being the first.

Moving on from my controversial Dreyfus :lol: , I'm still waiting to find out just what happened to my Carrionite for Tamm, but I did win an invasion Cyberman with something else I bought so I can at last make Kroton!! Can't wait to pair him with 8 and Izzy, procrastinating on Victoria and Barbara, as they're going to need more work than I intended initially. But still not really an update but I had these to hand, a few odds and ends, filler material you say? :lol:

A McCoy figure I made ages back but forgot to post, pretty simple I thought, till the jumper turned out to be solid plastic... In honesty I bought this chap as I'd of bet good quatloos on a hatted Sylv with a B&M set this year, so got a cheap serious one for an upper head transplant.
Regardless - it was initially based on the old DWM strip "The Mark of Mandragora", its exactly the same as Ghost Light except a purple paisley tie sans jumper, I took my own liberties with the design though basing it on the pattern on my fav shirt I ware, seemed very "him"

This isn't even a custom! Put I paired ol Rass with his sash and a lightning effect pillaged from one of my Marvel Legends, sorry for the shaky photo, its a "special effect!" :lol:

Had a few ideas.., I'm thinking if I switch the top half of a spacesuit ten, with Brannigan's lower legs, done some resculpt work on the body, I've got one of the alien ambassadors from the Ambassadors of Death? Any ideas on Ogrons..?

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:00 pm

It would appear Timothy Dalton has turned into The Emperor. :lol:

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:15 pm

Danoftardis wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:00 pm

HEY! NO EPISODE IX SPOILERS!!

:)
Be nice or I'll bring back this: https://i.imgur.com/TGx4F7A.jpg

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:17 pm

skifflebits wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:15 pm
Danoftardis wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:00 pm

HEY! NO EPISODE IX SPOILERS!!

:)
I know someone who was behind the scenes on X. All I’m sayin’ is...

You may find out who Rey’s parents are/were...
Al Dewar, if you are reading this, please give me a job/ all variants of all figures you have ever produced (delete as applicable).

Avon

Post by Avon » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:46 pm

:lol: :lol: Senate Power! Do all ex James Bond's get this power as well as a complimentary de mat glove?

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:51 pm

Avon wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:46 pm
:lol: :lol: Senate Power! Do all ex James Bond's get this power as well as a complimentary de mat glove?
Oh yeah. They also get parts in the Cornetto Trilogy.
Al Dewar, if you are reading this, please give me a job/ all variants of all figures you have ever produced (delete as applicable).

Avon

Post by Avon » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:25 pm

:lol: Another man with fine, one might say killer taste :lol:

So I impulsively made a figure today, I sat last night, growing tired of the Mr deliciously evil velvet penguin suit man, aka the almighty Ainley, sized gap on my shelf and feeling my old ragged one was not up to speck, I started thinking.., and came up with this:

Primarily based on his "Destiny of the Doctors" cut scenes (https://i.ytimg.com/vi/yoJ_m5pH0-o/hqdefault.jpg), more inspired as I took my own angle to it, I can't actually seem to find them anymore but does Ainley give it his all! If you can find it, watch it, his breakdowns of the Doctors is superb.
All I did was trim the frills of the cuffs on a talons Tom, repaint the shirt, waistcoat, swapped the right hand for Saxon's, repainted them (even has the ring on his finger!), repainted a Lego sonic for the TCE, used a cape from a Star Wars Lando figure, and the head off my old custom.., not entirely happy with the likeness, its -almost- there... I honestly think as a look, sans the cape obviously and with the official head, I wouldn't mind this in an official B&M set. Little gold squiggle on the tie is meant to be a pattern, doesn't show up great in this light :lol: I'll take a shot with the rest of the Master's tomorrow..

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:43 pm

I like this, very nice. The use of Lando's cape is particularly ingenious I think.