Avon's customs

Deborah J

Re: Avon's customs

Post by Deborah J » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:27 pm

So do you not have the oficial CO Ainley figure?

Avon

Post by Avon » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:12 pm

Thanks both! That cape really does work well doesn't it? I sidelined it for use with a real Ainley but alas, maybe next year. It nicely conceals the Pertwee body underneath and - among his other incarnations, makes him fit in more due to it's color. If I did Deborah, I would've retired to my own 1:1 replica of Tracy Island to annoy my Polynesian neighbors with very load music :lol: (in all seriousness, I wouldn't sell him, even if by some miracle I did find get).

It would've been his birthday I hear today! So first up, Ainley with my other TV Master's
Still not convinced in the face...I think it's the eyebrows..,

And I got some stuff in the post! So first up, Kroton!
Now I left the paint a little unfinished as the entire Cyberman is pretty playworn and, rather than repaint the whole chap I thought the rougher paint's a little more sympathetic with his current "weathering" So, sooo great to have this team finished, though of course I'm now thinking about Destrii...

While I'm chuffed to add Kroton to my shelf, it's not as good as having got this team done:
Technically, technically a custom, as he was cockeyed and I repainted his eyes, was tempted to do the eyebrows but I'm not that crazy :lol: Can't believe I have a season 7 set up now..

And finally, Sarah from Pyramids! Now, two things, I know the bowtie is inaccurate but I both quite liked it, and, that outways the effort required to take it off and to make it look good in my opinion. I also think I went overboard on the eyeliner, in an effort to disguise the factory paint smears on my original and to make her younger... My thinking was, CO have to make a young SJ next year, and regardless if its the Genesis look or this, I can just retire her to a PoM setup!

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:10 pm

Wait I share a birthday with Anthony Ainley? I never knew this, does that mean I'm also an evil genius with a penchant for velvet? :lol:

Nice line up of Masters, a gallery of evil, nice to see Ainley in better light. I don't think I've properly seen your Liz before, it's amazing! The likeness is incredible, what head did you use? And the SJ is great too, looks nice alongside Pyramids Tom.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:12 pm

Danoftardis wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:10 pm
Wait I share a birthday with Anthony Ainley? I never knew this, does that mean I'm also an evil genius with a penchant for velvet? :lol:
Yes. However, you are also a silliboi with no shoes.
Al Dewar, if you are reading this, please give me a job/ all variants of all figures you have ever produced (delete as applicable).

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:16 pm

DalekCheese wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:12 pm
Danoftardis wrote:
Yes. However, you are also a silliboi with no shoes.
Actually Deb kindly returned my shoes to me today. Sure they were covered in lemonade and cheese, but it's the thought that counts. I shall treasure them forever as a reminder of our historic concert.

SJF

Post by SJF » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:11 pm

Danoftardis wrote:

Nice line up of Masters, a gallery of evil, nice to see Ainley in better light. I don't think I've properly seen your Liz before, it's amazing! The likeness is incredible, what head did you use? And the SJ is great too, looks nice alongside Pyramids Tom.
And Sylvester McCoy and Sophie Aldred.

Avon

Post by Avon » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:17 pm

Oh my god, so it's your birthday then Dan? Well, a huge happy birthday, hope your having an awesome day! Thanks on Liz too, the head is a Helen Cutter heavily modded with the body of a Time Monster Jo, and lower arms and legs from Missy for a "Silurians" look. "Shoes"! :lol:

I saw that on Twitter today.., both on the same day..crazy isn't it?

SJF

Post by SJF » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:25 pm

Avon wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:17 pm
Oh my god, so it's your birthday then Dan? Well, a huge happy birthday, hope your having an awesome day! Thanks on Liz too, the head is a Helen Cutter heavily modded with the body of a Time Monster Jo, and lower arms and legs from Missy for a "Silurians" look. "Shoes"! :lol:

I saw that on Twitter today.., both on the same day..crazy isn't it?
The birthdays were actually yesterday so if Dan’s birthday is today then he’s out of luck.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:31 pm

Dans birthday : noones favourite.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:39 pm

Deborah J wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:31 pm
Dans birthday : noones favourite.
Did you give him his shirt back as a present? :lol:
Al Dewar, if you are reading this, please give me a job/ all variants of all figures you have ever produced (delete as applicable).