Avon's customs

Gek2Win

Re: Avon's customs

Post by Gek2Win » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:13 pm

skifflebits wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:15 pm
Avon wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:12 pm

And finally, Sarah from Pyramids! Now, two things, I know the bowtie is inaccurate but I both quite liked it, and, that outways the effort required to take it off and to make it look good in my opinion. I also think I went overboard on the eyeliner, in an effort to disguise the factory paint smears on my original and to make her younger... My thinking was, CO have to make a young SJ next year, and regardless if its the Genesis look or this, I can just retire her to a PoM setup!
Wow! The realization of this is far more effective than i had imagined it would be. It's not strictly "screen accurate," but you know exactly what it's meant to be. Nice work!

It makes my think B&M could release a "Pyramids of Mars" three pack set with the Doctor, Sarah Jane, and another one of those damn mummies.

Assuming a Sarah Jane head could be easily slotted into the Gelth zombie mold, that is.
Well, hopefully we'd get a new Sarah head, but even if that didn't happen, as we saw from the brig last year they're not above retooling an existing head to give it a new attachment point.

Avon

Post by Avon » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:27 pm

:lol: Another vote to temporarily rename it the Dan appreciation thread, certainly not because I'm a Dan :lol: (other Dan, not proper Dan)

Thanks both! It does doesn't? I was on the fence about sanding the tie off, but, it does work, in the same vein as Talons Tom and Season 7 Brig. Would you believe, the head was a perfect fit, and it sits perfectly on the body and looks like it was made for it (obviously it wasn't, but still), so if it were swappable, its certainly hopeful, even the rifle came from a Primeval figure (though I took the scope and kickstand off). Part of me would love her to be in next years to complete the Pyramids set, part of me though wants one that matches Harry... (though ditch the 4th Doc for Suketh!)

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:36 pm

The sarah jane Id like most would be android invasion or hand of fear. That pyramidder is nice though.

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:22 pm

Ooh, now Sarah Jane is hijacking the Avon thread. (There's a BBC crossover we should've had implied there, eh? ;) )

I'd love if they made a new Sarah Jane head, and I think they could totally get away with retooling a body to approximate either season 11 or 12, and then do what Avon did and give us a Pyramids approximate as a variant. Sarah's a companion they totally could get away with multiple outfits/repaints for. And hey! That's one cheap repaint in terms of colour for the Pyramids dress, too. :)

And though I feel we'll almost certainly get Sarah Jane next year, Avon has a pretty great variant in the interrim. Or, one awaiting headswap.

Koth2

Post by Koth2 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:02 am

Nice work. A great looking custom.

Avon

Post by Avon » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:04 pm

Thanks all!

I have to admit I was never a fan of the Andy Pandy look for her :lol: The Madragora dress looked nice to make, though a bit beyond my skillset.

Haha thanks!! What I'd give... I loved the little B7 ref actually in the regeneration set last year, Tom or even Jon meeting the Liberator crew would be quite a story.. You know I'd love that, as you say if any companion can get away with multiple releases in back to back years, its her. I'd love a set with the Revenge look/anorak Tom/Revenge Cyberman, then a Pyramids themed set sometime later.

Currently using all my funds on the new sets, so not much new. I just got an extra nine for C'rizz, Victoria's half way done, but I've had to rebuild her entire upper torso which is way more hassle than I thought, though, I was sat down with the 2nd Monsters book, which got me thinking.., I may attempt a Blue Peter stone knives and bear skins style build of a few Wirrn...

Avon

Post by Avon » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:26 am

Something I've been working on... a larger UNIT lab!

With the second box I cut the cellotape, scanned it in, reversed the polarity, no, image :lol: and stuck it on and decorated, bare in mind my ink's naff and the colors were never going to match, and the top window panes don't line up as I'm not a wizz at photoshop, nor, own photoshop :lol: . Now this is by no means accurate, more a greatest hits kind of deal, it changed episode to episode anyway haha, but I wanted something practical so in that regard it has a functioning work bench rather than a sink etc, I love how the Red Dwarf DVDs are chock full of easter eggs so I took that approach here - 1000000 talmars and a Marvel No-Prize to the first person who can identify "most" of the Easter Eggs! :lol: (Some are very difficult to identify..).

I'll be buying some 1:12 furniture today, a stool, a proper hat stand, a fire extinguisher, a microscope and of course an Auton phone.. plus I have lots more idea wise to put in here and one very cool one given to me by our man Dan (unfortunately, I lost my nestene unit and I don't have the Time Monster controler thingy - they would've been put here!). Also, credit to AFT downloads for some of the easter eggs/Brig's computer print out. When those new parts arrive, I'll take some clearer photos too in natural sunlight

TOMFAN

Post by TOMFAN » Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:10 pm

That's brilliant!

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis » Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:26 pm

That looks great! Love everything that's going on. I confess I'm somewhat perplexed about the legless Pertwee torso... :? :lol:

Gek2Win

Post by Gek2Win » Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:28 pm

I was going to make a joke about Tom's mutilated carcass, but I thought it would be out of place. Not to mention that I was overwhelmed by all the references.