Avon's customs

DalekCheese

Re: Avon's customs

Post by DalekCheese »

Danoftardis wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:26 pm
That looks great! Love everything that's going on. I confess I'm somewhat perplexed about the legless Pertwee torso... :? :lol:
It looks more like a coat in pic #1...?

Gek2Win

Post by Gek2Win »

He means in the far right of the lab.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

Gek2Win wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:06 pm
He means in the far right of the lab.
Oh yeah....

Maybe Pertwee had just eaten his own liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti?

Gek2Win

Post by Gek2Win »

Perhaps. How can he forgive himself?

Avon

Post by Avon »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Well firstly, thank you all! And Tomfan!! Thank you guys, glad everyone likes it! I knew Tom's mutilated remains would cause controversy :lol: basically, I'm waiting to get a spare Pertwee to make a spiders Pert or, maybe, a Mind of Evil version, but in the meantime I was going to hang the jacket up on the hat stand - which I need to buy, so I just slumped it on the chair.. :lol: I even made a little coat hanger, maybe it was one of those ideas that sounded good in your head but, maybe not so much in person..

Here's a complete list of references, roughly in episodic order:

-The spare Auton hand from the Spearhead Auton, as like everyone else on the planet, I use the gun hand :lol:
-On top of the brown cabinet, an OS map of London, and inside, a few pictures of Hankley Common both alluding to The Silurians
-Also in the cabinet, so not in shot, a photo of Mars Probe 7, The Ambassadors of Death
-A Plastic Daffodil, and a TARDIS dematerialisation circuit from Terror of the Autons. Also, not sure if it's in shot but I put a spare tribal spear on the other side of the room, something the UNIT lab circa this time when it was in London
-The Doctor's UNIT pass from The Mind of Evil
- A large map of the south coast from The Claws of Axos
-The pub sign from the Cloven Hoof, ala the Daemons
-A postcard from Peladon on the left, as you look at the blinds, with a picture of Aggedor and "wish you were here" superimposed - Curse of/Monster of Peladon
- The black and red cloak from "The Sea Devils" and many others
-The cosmic lightning tile of Ollis from "The Three Doctors", a silicon rod in the Doctor's tea cup, and of course the Brig's computer
-The metebelis Crystal, from the Green Death and Planet of the Spiders
-The Dinosaur Tranquilizer gun, from the Invasion of the Dinosaurs
-The Planet of the Spider's jacket, discarded by Tom in Robot and found by... Benton in a short story if I remember right...?

Also dotted around:
A Star Trek phaser
A Cyberman rifle
A Dalek eyestalk
A Sontaran hand gun (the Doctor'd never leave so much weaponry round the brig I know :lol: )
Out of shot but the genesis device from Wrath of Khan
Various print offs of sonic, TARDIS, blue prints etc
A lump of pink rose quartz which looks Nesteney (almost put Nestle :lol: )
Lots of plastic tat, mainly bits off Borg and the like

I've got a canister of Stahlman ooze, and currently trying to make the orange box from the Three Doctors, too...

Any other ideas?

Also, a quick mod of the Androzani Davison:

Blistered hands, cut head, dulled the black mark on his jumper and added a bit of brown, and a vile of batsmilk. Rough night out on the town for 5 it seems :lol:

Gek2Win

Post by Gek2Win »

Cool 5. I'm glad that's not what they went with the actual figure, though.

Avon

Post by Avon »

Thanks! Same.., at least with the official some people still have a chance of making a regular 5! Plus the blood is a bit graphic, didn't Davison play a serial killer once? :lol:

So, things have been a bit slow as I'm job hunting so both money and time are a little rare (though I certainly still find the time to find I'm color blind :lol: ). Victoria's been an absolute disaster, as whoever sculpted police woman Pond was given a ladybird edition of human anatomy and proportion and even slightly messing with attaching different parts has made her even more Ogron than the new Peri, still, I'm soldiering on.

But! I have made a few new figures, one I have to credit solely to SJF who I'll post later in the week, and this lady here:

Romana! From the Ribos Operation! Using a Carrionite body and a heavily modded Star Trek Dax head

Taken at an angle, as the coat really doesn't photograph well but in hand, it isn't too bad! It looked disastrous to start but after making her hair, it's ok. It has the same effect as Harry's coat only, I see it as slightly more passable as fur coats tend to have that effect on people. It also has the hood sculpted in too! I sincerely hope CO steal my idea. Only one problem....

With SJ in white it looks like Harry's joined a Boney M tribute band :lol:

SJF

Post by SJF »

Avon wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:35 pm
But! I have made a few new figures, one I have to credit solely to SJF who I'll post later in the week.
C'rizz, is that you?

Gek2Win

Post by Gek2Win »

Romana does look good. Definitely hoping CO pick up on that.

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis »

To be honest in Ribos it looks like the coat is eating her anyway so I wouldn't worry about that. :lol: It looks good though, got a suitable fluffy-esque look to it, plus the hair sculpting is effective, certainly passes as a resemblance to Mary Tamm. Shame to hear about the Victoria custom, I hope you mange to wrestle that Ogron effigy into a human shape. :lol: