Avon's customs

Avon

Re: Avon's customs

Post by Avon »

Thanks all!!

SJF - Oh he'll been made certainly! I got a ninth doctor in the post today actually for him exactly, really makes me want to take the plunge on an Amy for Charlie though.. But no, it's someone else entirely, and I can't believe I didn't think of her! Till you jogged my memory...

Gek - definitely! Certainly fits the profile for a body that only needs a new head, though I'd love an Idris based Lalla first

Dan - Thanks! Yeah, not entirely happy with the likeness, it's the eyebrows, too big I think, I need to thin them a bit... :lol: too true, my best mate actually has a coat just like it and half the time I'm tempted to pull the hood down and check she's still in there :lol: . Barely, barely :lol: I had to take about 5cm out of the legs, and I switched Peri's arms, the joints weren't compatible so I fused them, them the arms are too long aren't they.. Also, no neck, no shoulders, and err, no anatomy on the body, I have my work cut out... but Astrid's skirt fits!

Avon

Post by Avon »

So - been busy! So first up - here's the SJF inspired figure! It looks lazy, but it's accurate! :lol: ish

Stacy Townsend and Ssard! A space freighter operative from 2246, she traveled with McGann for a few adventures, battling Cybermen and eventually meeting Ssard, an Ice Warrior and her eventual husband (this is my only Ice Warrior so this is, in fact, a stand in :lol: )

Now I was making C'rizz.., and I thought, you know what, the knee joints damaged anyway and I can buy another at the end of the month, Victory Amy sacrificed herself for the greater good and became...

Charley Pollard and C'rizz! Poor Eccles :lol:
I'm really happy with the final result here, it's hard to see but C'rizz has gold eyes, not sure that's entirely accurate but basically, it looked cool! And with the scales (which I should have photographed, their on the back on his head), and the green color, he looks very reptilian, I took a bit of creative licence with the whole look, used covers and fan art and it varies from one to the other so I made something I thought you'd see on the telly circa the early 2000's, I'm very interested in prosthetics and did a bit during my art days so I build it much like I'd apply that that stuff to a real person :lol: really happy with Charley too, enough of my waffle though

I never thought I'd make so many for 8! And more to come.., I'm definitely going to make Molly, and I'd like someday to make Lucie Miller, Bliss, Sam Jones, Mary Shelley, and Tamsin maybe - ignore Peri photobombing :lol: Izzy's had a slight mod, the hand's way too big but way too cool not to use on her!

Bonus picture, all my classic companions (Except K9!! Dammit I forgot till I was literally typing that sentence haha)

Just Adric, Kamelion, and Mel and I have a complete run from 70 to 89, though I'd love to add others during that time like Shade, Sir Justin etc

Quick question, I'm desperate for perhaps my favorite comic companion, Frobisher! Does anyone know any cheap, easy to get, in scale Penguin figures? Lots about online but I don't want to spend forever buying the wrong sized one's. Obviously have his hat ready :lol:

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

There’s a toy range- I’m not sure of the name, I’ll find out when I can- that does a penguin that’s probably about the right size. When I see one I’ll tell you the company.
RIP TW :(

Avon

Post by Avon »

Fantastic!!! Thank you Cheese, hugely appreciated! I know The Entertainer used to sell toys like that, ironically given their stance against the occult I bought a Cerberus toy from them :lol: "it's educational!" hmm

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

Avon wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:05 am
Fantastic!!! Thank you Cheese, hugely appreciated! I know The Entertainer used to sell toys like that, ironically given their stance against the occult I bought a Cerberus toy from them :lol: "it's educational!" hmm
:lol:

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis »

Very nice. Charley looks fantastic, aside from her hideous knee injury which can only have been sustained during a hockey match. :lol: What head did you use, and did you sculpt the hair because that looks amazing. It's nice to know someone married an Ice Warrior, makes a Sea Devil relationship seem... less odd. :?

SJF

Post by SJF »

Oh my god they look great! And the great thing about doing C’rizz is that he’s a chameleon, so there’s no wrong skin tone to give him.

SJF

Post by SJF »

DalekCheese wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:50 am
There’s a toy range- I’m not sure of the name, I’ll find out when I can- that does a penguin that’s probably about the right size. When I see one I’ll tell you the company.
Sleich?

That’s the brand my Frobisher is.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

SJF wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:35 am
DalekCheese wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:50 am
Sleich?

That’s the brand my Frobisher is.
*googles*

Very possibly.

Avon

Post by Avon »

:lol: :lol: Thank you all! Glad you like them! :lol: It's odd, loads of my figures, haven't played with them or anything, are exhibiting that injury problem, the joints have just warped and popped over time, slightly concerning... :? The head, is, of all things, a Dana Scully X Files figure! The hair was so close I had to use it, I just painted the hair, and trimmed the neck, pretty effective I felt. :lol: don't tell Sheba! She'll think your after lizards next...

I'm new to BF so do excuse my forgetting he was a chameleon :lol: but that's fantastic, 8's companions really stick out next to the others, it's really cool to see. Schleich! It's the sound when you've got too much phlegm! :lol: I'll have to look into it..