Avon's customs

skifflebits

Re: Avon's customs

Post by skifflebits »

Those are simply fab!

And now we know how CO, BF and B&M could do a simple Amy Pond body repaint to make a Charley figure. (Who cares if Karen Gillan is probably six inches taller than India Fisher? It's an audio character!)
None of Doctor Who is canon.

Avon

Post by Avon »

Thanks skiffle!! I should add, I switched the jacket for SJ's and the lower arms from a police Pond, just to make her look a little more formal as I imagine her, but even with the old jacket, she'd work great! I was even going to make the belt but it was pointless, the existing one looked cool enough with the gold highlights.

Not a custom, but I did buy this from B&M for a £1 to go with my Talons Tom...

Gek2Win

Post by Gek2Win »

They say Weing Chiang could could make things bigger.

Doctor What

Post by Doctor What »

Avon those are all brilliant!

Avon

Post by Avon »

Thank you DW!! Really appreciated!

I've been wondering, Kamelion.., any ideas? He's very C3POy but all the versions I can think of are either way too tall or way too short, Kenner Terminator's are 5.5 but I think he'd look too much like he'd been on the protein shakes if I used their T-800 :lol: maybe the McFarlane TX as a base..? Too tall but I have one broken somewhere I think

SJF

Post by SJF »

Avon wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:04 pm
Thank you DW!! Really appreciated!

I've been wondering, Kamelion.., any ideas? He's very C3POy but all the versions I can think of are either way too tall or way too short, Kenner Terminator's are 5.5 but I think he'd look too much like he'd been on the protein shakes if I used their T-800 :lol: maybe the McFarlane TX as a base..? Too tall but I have one broken somewhere I think
What about that Sarah Jane that comes with the baby slitheen? Obviously it’d need stripped down and considerable resculpting but seems like it could potentially be an alright base.

Avon

Post by Avon »

That's not a bad idea.. as odd as it sounds, the head would work great actually, I'll look into that! I tried my Terminator figure, far too big and detailed, even modified.

A small project today, for a year, I've been resisting the urge to modify something, I kept telling myself I could live with it, I can live with it :lol: as it's far too rare and precious to me to damage modifying it to sooth my ocd, but every day, I'd wake up, and it'd annoy me. So I was re-arranging my figures earlier and I just said to myself, I have had enough of you!! Captain Kirk style :lol: .

I'm talking about the font on the Pertwee TARDIS, it's a fantastic thing, but, the fonts wrong! It's a Russel T Davies TARDIS font on my Pertwee TARDIS, it's small and almost nothing, truly a nit pick, tis but a scratch, but it's even the wrong color too! And next to the new TARDIS', with the right font, arrrr :lol: . So I decided enough was enough. I inversed the color (one might say, reversed the polarity :lol: ) on the same signs I used for my Trought box, adjusted the tone which was quite a game to get right (in natural light, it's light grey, in a lot of scenes though it's very dark, almost black), so I printed off, brushed some black paint over to weather it, trimmed, and attached, no glue stick, blue tack, or sticker paper needed, it holds itself on thanks to the sticky paint wash! Here's the result:

Not all are exactly the right size, but then again, neither was the real prop! :lol: the left hand side's whited out in the sunlight unfortunately, but you can see it better below..

Vworp, vworp, vowrp

"Wine and cheese, Jo?" (credit to Dan for the super cool idea for those to go in the lab, from what feels like the only episode not represented :lol:)

I'll make the offer, if anyone wants to have a go yourselves, message me and I'll happily send the file. When printed, they are too big by a few milimetres, so it takes a little trial and error to get it the right size, and obviously lack weathering

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

Avon wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:52 pm
That's not a bad idea.. as odd as it sounds, the head would work great actually, I'll look into that! I tried my Terminator figure, far too big and detailed, even modified.

A small project today, for a year, I've been resisting the urge to modify something, I kept telling myself I could live with it, I can live with it :lol: as it's far too rare and precious to me to damage modifying it to sooth my ocd, but every day, I'd wake up, and it'd annoy me. So I was re-arranging my figures earlier and I just said to myself, I have had enough of you!! Captain Kirk style :lol: .

I'm talking about the font on the Pertwee TARDIS, it's a fantastic thing, but, the fonts wrong! It's a Russel T Davies TARDIS font on my Pertwee TARDIS, it's small and almost nothing, truly a nit pick, tis but a scratch, but it's even the wrong color too! And next to the new TARDIS', with the right font, arrrr :lol: . So I decided enough was enough. I inversed the color (one might say, reversed the polarity :lol: ) on the same signs I used for my Trought box, adjusted the tone which was quite a game to get right (in natural light, it's light grey, in a lot of scenes though it's very dark, almost black), so I printed off, brushed some black paint over to weather it, trimmed, and attached, no glue stick, blue tack, or sticker paper needed, it holds itself on thanks to the sticky paint wash! Here's the result:

Not all are exactly the right size, but then again, neither was the real prop! :lol: the left hand side's whited out in the sunlight unfortunately, but you can see it better below..

Vworp, vworp, vowrp

"Wine and cheese, Jo?" (credit to Dan for the super cool idea for those to go in the lab, from what feels like the only episode not represented :lol:)

I'll make the offer, if anyone wants to have a go yourselves, message me and I'll happily send the file. When printed, they are too big by a few milimetres, so it takes a little trial and error to get it the right size, and obviously lack weathering
this is cool, but were you aware that the actual prop only had this on the front and back, the sides were still white writing on black tinted glass. And the left side one was broken filming Time monster, so it was just a plain blue board after that.

Avon

Post by Avon »

I didn't! I knew the right side got smashed in the time monster, is that when they where hauling it back? But I thought the one white sign on the right was something it had after it's repaint/refurb for season 11...? I was using the doctor who site, and the three doctors, see if I can find it...

EDIT: Got it!
http://www.thedoctorwhosite.co.uk/tardi ... 66-tardis/

I've been using this for ref, but I also happened to be watching the three doctors where you get to see it a bit better in the first few eps, when Benton comes through the window, it seems, though I am Mr Magenta windows, the left side survived through 9 and 10 till the green death. I might change the other side though..

I did find this very nice picture too while researching I'd never seen:
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/fe/74/c6 ... d46098.jpg

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

Avon wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:41 pm
I didn't! I knew the right side got smashed in the time monster, is that when they where hauling it back? But I thought the one white sign on the right was something it had after it's repaint/refurb for season 11...? I was using the doctor who site, and the three doctors, see if I can find it...

EDIT: Got it!
http://www.thedoctorwhosite.co.uk/tardi ... 66-tardis/

I've been using this for ref, but I also happened to be watching the three doctors where you get to see it a bit better in the first few eps, when Benton comes through the window, it seems, though I am Mr Magenta windows, the left side survived through 9 and 10 till the green death. I might change the other side though..

I did find this very nice picture too while researching I'd never seen:
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/fe/74/c6 ... d46098.jpg
If you look at any of the iomages on that page where you can see the right side clearly: any of the POS ones, monstr of peladon, DTTD,
the first image from the green death, the third image from the time monster, there are a few others, you can see quite clearly that the right side is the original white on black. The front and back were replaced I think around the time of the Seeds of Death, the same point that the door sign was swapped to white text on a black background. The doors were replaced with a white tardis frontage that was made for the celestial toymaker, I believe there were a few, because another was used to replace the back, but the original sides and base, and the roof as altered for the Smugglers were kept.