eBay Customs (No Sales or Self Promotion)

Deborah J

Re: eBay Customs (No Sales or Self Promotion)

Post by Deborah J » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:12 pm

Gek2Win wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:21 pm
You can see the third pocket and lack of handkerchief. Also the neck is a little odd looking. I'd say that person has moulded a Ainley head.
Ah. Smort.

Gek2Win

Post by Gek2Win » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:21 pm

Deborah J wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:12 pm
Gek2Win wrote:
You can see the third pocket and lack of handkerchief. Also the neck is a little odd looking. I'd say that person has moulded a Ainley head.
Ah. Smort.
When you become enough of a fanatic, you too will be able to determine from the simplest clues what figure anything is.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:36 pm

Gek2Win wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:21 pm
Deborah J wrote:
Gek2Win wrote:
Ah. Smort.
When you become enough of a fanatic, you too will be able to determine from the simplest clues what figure anything is.
I'm very easily bamboozled as is, if I hadn't been told scarlioni and scarman and roboman were all a recycled primeval figure I'd never have noticed. I wouldn't have spotted axon being reused from sharaz jek either. I did notice jack being reused as auton and brig, and I probs would have workedout where Harrys body came from, so I'm not entirely clueless either. Ooh, and I noticed regenerated simm is not the same body as yana, which is weird. I had a version of regensimm for years that my friend mesed up customising, only just got a proper one yesterday

Gek2Win

Post by Gek2Win » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:44 pm

Deborah J wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:36 pm
Gek2Win wrote:
Deborah J wrote:

Ah. Smort.
I'm very easily bamboozled as is, if I hadn't been told scarlioni and scarman and roboman were all a recycled primeval figure I'd never have noticed. I wouldn't have spotted axon being reused from sharaz jek either. I did notice jack being reused as auton and brig, and I probs would have workedout where Harrys body came from, so I'm not entirely clueless either. Ooh, and I noticed regenerated simm is not the same body as yana, which is weird. I had a version of regensimm for years that my friend mesed up customising, only just got a proper one yesterday
Here's a weird one: technically, the normal ninth doctor reused the body of the regenerated tenth doctor.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:17 pm

Gek2Win wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:44 pm
Deborah J wrote:
Gek2Win wrote:

Here's a weird one: technically, the normal ninth doctor reused the body of the regenerated tenth doctor.
is that right? I thought theyd have needed a new one since people making custom 9s in the early days by swapping the heads from the regen set ended up with a weird fitting head. But I guess that just meant a new 9 head

Gek2Win

Post by Gek2Win » Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:55 am

Deborah J wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:17 pm
Gek2Win wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:44 pm
Deborah J wrote:

is that right? I thought theyd have needed a new one since people making custom 9s in the early days by swapping the heads from the regen set ended up with a weird fitting head. But I guess that just meant a new 9 head
Yeah the head was new

Emperor Omega

Post by Emperor Omega » Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:38 pm

Obscure choice for a figure, isn't it?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Doctor-Who-c ... Swd2JdYXx8
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg (83.81 KiB) Viewed 186 times

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:42 pm

Emperor Omega wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:38 pm
Obscure choice for a figure, isn't it?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Doctor-Who-c ... Swd2JdYXx8

s-l1600.jpg
A good choice tho. I will fight anyone who pokes fun at Earthshock.
Al Dewar, if you are reading this, please give me a job/ all variants of all figures you have ever produced (delete as applicable).

Emperor Omega

Post by Emperor Omega » Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:49 pm

An Adric custom from this story would be easy.
Pile-of-Ash or Adric.jpg
Pile-of-Ash or Adric.jpg (130.16 KiB) Viewed 181 times
:twisted: :P :twisted:

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis » Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:52 pm

Emperor Omega wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:49 pm
An Adric custom from this story would be easy.

Pile-of-Ash or Adric.jpg

:twisted: :P :twisted:
:cry: :cry: :cry: My boi Adric...