Galactic yo yo fan art

SarahJaneFan
Posts: 1056
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:04 pm

Re: Galactic yo yo fan art

Postby SarahJaneFan » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:15 pm

Galactic yo yo wrote:
SarahJaneFan wrote:
Galactic yo yo wrote:Gunshot Wedding: this story is based on an unmade episode of red dwarf, where listed and dinner are possessed by a married couple. It was basically one of the attempts at a kissing scene between the two characters to annoy Chris Barrie and Craig Charles. This story is basically that but with 8 and Charley, where the "spirits" of a couple of psychopaths,seeking revenge after being killed on the day of the wedding.
gunshot.png
My Friend Izzy: This story is how the novel and comic companions to 8 like Fitz, Kroton and Izzy fit in my canon. Essentially they are from an alternative timeline where the Doctor never rescued charley from the R101. Both versions of 8 accidentally arrive in the same place allowing both timelines to crossover.
my friend.png
Lights in the story: The main story is about a seemingly peaceful contact between humans and alien life which goes wrong due to an unforeseen accident that almost leads to war. This story can either be seen as a 4 parter or a 3 parter for those unfamiliar with the web of Time arc. Though the story is resolved at the end of part three, because charley played a key part in fixing the situation, in part 4 things start to go wrong. Since she was never meant to be their time is in flux and the quarrel was never resolved. So it's up to the time Lords to fix the paradox in order to prevent mass war between earth and the aliens. It acts as set up for Neverland.
light.png


I’d love to hear a bit more about My Friend Izzy, I find it interesting that you chose the comics as the subject of an alternate timeline as I always thought that they fit relatively well into the same continuity as the Audios despite fiddling from Gary Russell.

My Friend Izzy basically brings the novels/comics and audios together thanks to the Web of time slowly breaking apart. At first they are two separate time lines. The main bulk of the story sees the two timelines merging together, one where instead of ending up in the R101, he went to Stockbridge, so in this timeline Charley died. Because the two universes are becoming one, Izzy replaces Charley who keeps fading in and out of existence trying to think of a way to break the two universes apart. The longer this occurs, the more the doctor's memory alters and he begins to believe he is the alternative doctor with his memories of the novels and comics. By the end of the story the two time lines are split and Charley is back to normal. However the doctor still retains the information he got from the other universe, which is how they fit together but why he didn't reference Kroton, Fitz or Izzy as his companions when he regenerated since technically they weren't. I felt it was easier to have it be an alternative timeline that briefly interacts with the big finish one rather than trying to squeeze them in between companions like Tamzin or Molly. Though it's still a work in progress as I still need to get up to date with the book continuity, currently on Camera Obscurer.
The Doctor in both time lines takes his companions to meet Jane Austen, but for different reasons. For Charley, it's because of her fascination with British literature whereas with Izzy, it's an attempt to broaden her literary knowledge outside of Agretron. These polar opposites help to create a mirror to each universe.


I don’t really see why the comics can’t come before Samson and Gemma or between Charley and Lucie to be honest. Like we know that in Storm Warning, The Doctor isn’t newly regenerated and that’s reinforced by the fact he travelled with Samson and Gemma before that, and spent several years travelling with Mary Shelley in between travels with Samson and Gemma. And because there’s no major contradictions between the comics and Audios, as well as the Doctor being relatively newly regenerated in the comics, I thought it made sense that it goes Izzy/Fey/Kroton > Destrii > Samson/Gemma > Mary > Charley/C’rizz > Lucie/Tamsin > Molly/Liv/Helen.

Though the novels are a whole other story, as there’s no way that they fit naturally into continuity, so I have my own explanation for that. We know that by the Time War, The Doctor has travelled with or at least knows of companions from all three mediums as in Mary’s Story, he refers to; Gemma, Charley, Ssard, Compassion, Trix, Destrii, Lucie, and Alex as past companions.

So like the reason I found it interesting that you were using Izzy as a companion from another Timeline was because the comics fit relatively simply into the same timeline as the Audios whereas the novels are a complete nightmare and completely contradictory but the Doctor still refers to events from them and mentions those companions too.
Image
Member since July 2013

User avatar
Galactic yo yo
Posts: 692
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:34 pm

Re: Galactic yo yo fan art

Postby Galactic yo yo » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:27 am

SarahJaneFan wrote:
Galactic yo yo wrote:
SarahJaneFan wrote:
I’d love to hear a bit more about My Friend Izzy, I find it interesting that you chose the comics as the subject of an alternate timeline as I always thought that they fit relatively well into the same continuity as the Audios despite fiddling from Gary Russell.

My Friend Izzy basically brings the novels/comics and audios together thanks to the Web of time slowly breaking apart. At first they are two separate time lines. The main bulk of the story sees the two timelines merging together, one where instead of ending up in the R101, he went to Stockbridge, so in this timeline Charley died. Because the two universes are becoming one, Izzy replaces Charley who keeps fading in and out of existence trying to think of a way to break the two universes apart. The longer this occurs, the more the doctor's memory alters and he begins to believe he is the alternative doctor with his memories of the novels and comics. By the end of the story the two time lines are split and Charley is back to normal. However the doctor still retains the information he got from the other universe, which is how they fit together but why he didn't reference Kroton, Fitz or Izzy as his companions when he regenerated since technically they weren't. I felt it was easier to have it be an alternative timeline that briefly interacts with the big finish one rather than trying to squeeze them in between companions like Tamzin or Molly. Though it's still a work in progress as I still need to get up to date with the book continuity, currently on Camera Obscurer.
The Doctor in both time lines takes his companions to meet Jane Austen, but for different reasons. For Charley, it's because of her fascination with British literature whereas with Izzy, it's an attempt to broaden her literary knowledge outside of Agretron. These polar opposites help to create a mirror to each universe.


I don’t really see why the comics can’t come before Samson and Gemma or between Charley and Lucie to be honest. Like we know that in Storm Warning, The Doctor isn’t newly regenerated and that’s reinforced by the fact he travelled with Samson and Gemma before that, and spent several years travelling with Mary Shelley in between travels with Samson and Gemma. And because there’s no major contradictions between the comics and Audios, as well as the Doctor being relatively newly regenerated in the comics, I thought it made sense that it goes Izzy/Fey/Kroton > Destrii > Samson/Gemma > Mary > Charley/C’rizz > Lucie/Tamsin > Molly/Liv/Helen.

Though the novels are a whole other story, as there’s no way that they fit naturally into continuity, so I have my own explanation for that. We know that by the Time War, The Doctor has travelled with or at least knows of companions from all three mediums as in Mary’s Story, he refers to; Gemma, Charley, Ssard, Compassion, Trix, Destrii, Lucie, and Alex as past companions.

So like the reason I found it interesting that you were using Izzy as a companion from another Timeline was because the comics fit relatively simply into the same timeline as the Audios whereas the novels are a complete nightmare and completely contradictory but the Doctor still refers to events from them and mentions those companions too.


I may need to rework the plot a little. An alternative idea, is that the other doctor with Izzy was a younger version. After their encounter, something occurs that prevents the Doctor from meeting Charley thus creating the alternative timeline.
"it's seems that I am some kind of a galactic yo yo" - Jon Pertwee, The Claws of Axos

SarahJaneFan
Posts: 1056
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:04 pm

Re: Galactic yo yo fan art

Postby SarahJaneFan » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:44 am

Galactic yo yo wrote:I may need to rework the plot a little. An alternative idea, is that the other doctor with Izzy was a younger version. After their encounter, something occurs that prevents the Doctor from meeting Charley thus creating the alternative timeline.


You could still easily go with your original idea, I mean we don’t really know what happened to the audio Eighth Doctor before he met Samson and Gemma so nothing is Set in stone, and although he makes loads of references to characters and events from the books and comics throughout his life, he also says they’re parallel timelines in Zagreus, so it’s really just however you want to do it
Image
Member since July 2013

User avatar
Galactic yo yo
Posts: 692
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:34 pm

Re: Galactic yo yo fan art

Postby Galactic yo yo » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:15 pm

SarahJaneFan wrote:
Galactic yo yo wrote:I may need to rework the plot a little. An alternative idea, is that the other doctor with Izzy was a younger version. After their encounter, something occurs that prevents the Doctor from meeting Charley thus creating the alternative timeline.


You could still easily go with your original idea, I mean we don’t really know what happened to the audio Eighth Doctor before he met Samson and Gemma so nothing is Set in stone, and although he makes loads of references to characters and events from the books and comics throughout his life, he also says they’re parallel timelines in Zagreus, so it’s really just however you want to do it

I'm probably gonna keep it as a separate time line as it plays a part in the story lights on the sky. The peaceful aliens that attempt negotiations with earth have essentially epilepsy or fatal reactions to unnatural light. The Doctor and Izzy originally met these aliens before they visited earth and discovered they had this condition so made then prepared for meeting the humans, as a major contact with alien life would involve a lot of cameras and thus the first, ish, contact goes well. But since this adventure never happened, they never took the precautions for being swamp with flashes of light from photographers and spit lights, which leads to some of the aliens being killed and war almost, occurs but the doctor and Charley manage to resolve the situation.
"it's seems that I am some kind of a galactic yo yo" - Jon Pertwee, The Claws of Axos

User avatar
Galactic yo yo
Posts: 692
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:34 pm

Re: Galactic yo yo fan art

Postby Galactic yo yo » Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:11 pm

planet of the silurians.png
planet of the silurians.png (246.94 KiB) Viewed 576 times
"it's seems that I am some kind of a galactic yo yo" - Jon Pertwee, The Claws of Axos

User avatar
Galactic yo yo
Posts: 692
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:34 pm

Re: Galactic yo yo fan art

Postby Galactic yo yo » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:22 pm

Planet of the Silurians, now including Mrs Clarke.
Clarke.png
Clarke.png (244.53 KiB) Viewed 564 times
"it's seems that I am some kind of a galactic yo yo" - Jon Pertwee, The Claws of Axos

User avatar
Galactic yo yo
Posts: 692
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:34 pm

Re: Galactic yo yo fan art

Postby Galactic yo yo » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:52 am

devil.png
devil.png (248.59 KiB) Viewed 504 times
"it's seems that I am some kind of a galactic yo yo" - Jon Pertwee, The Claws of Axos

User avatar
Galactic yo yo
Posts: 692
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:34 pm

Re: Galactic yo yo fan art

Postby Galactic yo yo » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:34 am

full.png
full.png (244.03 KiB) Viewed 503 times
"it's seems that I am some kind of a galactic yo yo" - Jon Pertwee, The Claws of Axos

User avatar
Galactic yo yo
Posts: 692
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:34 pm

Re: Galactic yo yo fan art

Postby Galactic yo yo » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:08 pm

Probably my least favourite of the unbound stories is ironically ended up with my favourite of these custom covers.
exile.png
exile.png (242.08 KiB) Viewed 474 times
Last edited by Galactic yo yo on Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"it's seems that I am some kind of a galactic yo yo" - Jon Pertwee, The Claws of Axos

User avatar
Galactic yo yo
Posts: 692
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:34 pm

Re: Galactic yo yo fan art

Postby Galactic yo yo » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:43 pm

mortality.png
mortality.png (242.74 KiB) Viewed 471 times

scars.png
scars.png (241.78 KiB) Viewed 470 times

deadline.png
deadline.png (182.56 KiB) Viewed 454 times
"it's seems that I am some kind of a galactic yo yo" - Jon Pertwee, The Claws of Axos


Return to “Collections & Fan Art”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests