Galactic yo yo fan art

Galactic yo yo

Re: Galactic yo yo fan art

Postby Galactic yo yo » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:37 pm

Deborah J wrote:
Galactic yo yo wrote:players.png

I read this one years ago, before the rerelease, in fact, my school had it in their library then threw it away and I was really cross because why did they not ask if I wanted it before binning it? But it's a great book, I enjoyed that one a lot, who would play the second doctor in his bits, do you think, if they actually did do an audio version?

Most likely Frazer Hines, his impression of Troughton is pretty much spot on.
"it's seems that I am some kind of a galactic yo yo" - Jon Pertwee, The Claws of Axos

Deborah J

Postby Deborah J » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:41 pm

Galactic yo yo wrote:
Deborah J wrote:
Galactic yo yo wrote:players.png

I read this one years ago, before the rerelease, in fact, my school had it in their library then threw it away and I was really cross because why did they not ask if I wanted it before binning it? But it's a great book, I enjoyed that one a lot, who would play the second doctor in his bits, do you think, if they actually did do an audio version?

Really? I'll have to look that up, I've never heard it. I know David Troughton has a very similar sort of voice, but I didn't know Frazer could do the voice.

Galactic yo yo

Postby Galactic yo yo » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:52 pm

Deborah J wrote:
Galactic yo yo wrote:
Deborah J wrote:I read this one years ago, before the rerelease, in fact, my school had it in their library then threw it away and I was really cross because why did they not ask if I wanted it before binning it? But it's a great book, I enjoyed that one a lot, who would play the second doctor in his bits, do you think, if they actually did do an audio version?

Really? I'll have to look that up, I've never heard it. I know David Troughton has a very similar sort of voice, but I didn't know Frazer could do the voice.

Yep, he's become big finish's voice for the second Doctor.
https://www.bigfinish.com/ranges/releas ... -collected
"it's seems that I am some kind of a galactic yo yo" - Jon Pertwee, The Claws of Axos

Galactic yo yo

Postby Galactic yo yo » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:52 pm

Deborah J wrote:
Galactic yo yo wrote:
Deborah J wrote:I read this one years ago, before the rerelease, in fact, my school had it in their library then threw it away and I was really cross because why did they not ask if I wanted it before binning it? But it's a great book, I enjoyed that one a lot, who would play the second doctor in his bits, do you think, if they actually did do an audio version?

Yep, he's become big finish's voice for the second Doctor.
https://www.bigfinish.com/ranges/releas ... -collected

Galactic yo yo

Postby Galactic yo yo » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:01 pm

shell shock.png
shell shock.png (246.63 KiB) Viewed 477 times

Deborah J

Postby Deborah J » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:06 pm

I listened to a few clips of him, it's a very impressive impression.

Galactic yo yo

Postby Galactic yo yo » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:12 pm

Deborah J wrote:I listened to a few clips of him, it's a very impressive impression.

Definitely, out of the impersonators for the first three Doctors, he's probably the strongest.
3. Peter Purves/ William Russell as Hartnell
2. Tim Treloar as Pertwee
1 Hines as Troughton

Deborah J

Postby Deborah J » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:09 pm

Galactic yo yo wrote:
Deborah J wrote:I listened to a few clips of him, it's a very impressive impression.

Definitely, out of the impersonators for the first three Doctors, he's probably the strongest.
3. Peter Purves/ William Russell as Hartnell
2. Tim Treloar as Pertwee
1 Hines as Troughton

I've only heard a few early clips of Treloar as Jon Pertwee, but he didn't really hit the spot for me. Maybe in full audios he sounds closer to the mark, though. I thought the guy doing Hartnell's voice in that clip for Day of the Doctor was particularly good as Hartnell. And also the old man at the bottom of the pit in creature from the pit, was it Geoffrey Bayldon? He's not doing a Hartnell impression there, but his voice sounds so much like Hartnell, like the way he does his inflections, if he hadn't died just before they made Twice Upon a Time I'd have wanted him as the first doctor over David Bradley. There's also a guy on youtube that does a spot-on Troughton voice, but I don't remember their name.

Galactic yo yo

Postby Galactic yo yo » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:29 pm

Following on from series with 4 and Leela, I've now started work on a series with Romana II.
Detention: The Doctor and Romana arrive in what appears to be an ordinary school, but sinister events such as a burnt corpse in the basement, disturbing children and the inability to leave the building due to their being nothing outside. As a result, they end up fighting for their lives in order to escape something that is anything but an ordinary school.
detain.png
detain.png (235 KiB) Viewed 437 times

The Fugitive: The Master is up to his usual plots and schemes on a distant alien world, when he is intercepted by the C.I.A on the hunt for a time lord criminal. But to the Master's surprise, it isn't him, in fact the reason they found him was to assist in the capture and execution of the fugitive, The Doctor.
future.png
future.png (216.12 KiB) Viewed 438 times

Wirrn Evolution: The tardis arrives on a human colony planet which has finally ended it's century long battle with the Wirrn, and while the public seems to be glad to be rid of the insectoids, a group of scientists wish to bring them back by any means necessary.
wirrn.png
wirrn.png (166.48 KiB) Viewed 438 times

Galactic yo yo

Postby Galactic yo yo » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:13 am

raven.png
raven.png (236.6 KiB) Viewed 403 times

old.png
old.png (209.44 KiB) Viewed 403 times

the factory.png
the factory.png (219.84 KiB) Viewed 403 times

Return to “Collections & Fan Art”