One Line Story Returns!

Moderator: DukeNukem 2417

Deborah J

Re: One Line Story Returns!

Post by Deborah J »

BilliePiperFan wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:36 pm
(oops I forgot Six wouldn't know Jack, let's just say he was shouting at Peri.).
Yeah, that's the only part of this story that doesn't make sense.

SJF

Post by SJF »

Deborah J wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:32 pm
BilliePiperFan wrote:
(oops I forgot Six wouldn't know Jack, let's just say he was shouting at Peri.).
Well actually Six and Jack meet in a recent Big Finish Audio and its left ambiguous as to whether he’ll forget the encounter.

Only it’s set when he’s travelling alone so Peri being there doesn’t make sense.

EXCEPT, Big Finish have also remedied that because Peri returns to travelling with the Doctor at a later date after her time on Krontep with Brian Blessed.

So in conclusion, yes the One Line Story does fit within established continuity.

Thank you.

BilliePiperFan

Post by BilliePiperFan »

SJF wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:34 pm
Deborah J wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:32 pm
BilliePiperFan wrote:
Well actually Six and Jack meet in a recent Big Finish Audio and its left ambiguous as to whether he’ll forget the encounter.

Only it’s set when he’s travelling alone so Peri being there doesn’t make sense.

EXCEPT, Big Finish have also remedied that because Peri returns to travelling with the Doctor at a later date after her time on Krontep with Brian Blessed.

So in conclusion, yes the One Line Story does fit within established continuity.

Thank you.
:lol:

Thank god for Big Finish!
Some of us were miserable before the virus...

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis »

BilliePiperFan wrote:
"The Doctor" he replied. Jack was SHOOK but before he could say another word there was a loud ping, the lift had reached its destination.
Before them stood the most horrific sight ever imaginable, Shockeye of the Quawncing Grig eating a Pting :o .

BilliePiperFan

Post by BilliePiperFan »

Shockeye devoured the Pting before licking his lips aggressively. The trio were repulsed by the sight.

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis »

Finished with the Pting Shockeye scanned around for something else to eat. His gaze met the handsome form of Jack and his stomach began to gurgle "Come here my pretty pretty" he uttered. Arms outstretched Shockeye advanced towards our heroes, but The Doctor realised they were trapped in the lift!

Shockeye cliffhanger intensifies

BilliePiperFan

Post by BilliePiperFan »

Suddenly there was a flash of blue light and the floor directly below Shockeye collapsed, sending him plummeting below. The Doctor and Peri turned to see Jack pointing a Sonic Banana. "Where on earth were you hiding that instrument." exclaimed the Doctor looking at Jack who was still naked except for the modestly placed Dalek plunger. Jack winked in response.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

I think we have very different definitions of what constitutes "one line"

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis »

Deborah J wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:58 pm
I think we have very different definitions of what constitutes "one line"
Go big or go home. In fairness could you contain it to one line if you were writing about Shockeye and naked John Barrowman?

And if I may be cheeky, if you put this page on one of those massive screens at sports events/music festivals, I bet our 2/3 lines would turn into one. ;)

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis »

BilliePiperFan wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:03 pm
Suddenly there was a flash of blue light and the floor directly below Shockeye collapsed, sending him plummeting below. The Doctor and Peri turned to see Jack pointing a Sonic Banana. "Where on earth were you hiding that instrument." exclaimed the Doctor looking at Jack who was still naked except for the modestly placed Dalek plunger. Jack winked in response.
Having defeated Shockeye our heroes leave the lift and explore the area...

(I shall try to limit myself to one line from now on ;) )