Galactic yo-yo's YouTube channel

Galactic yo yo

Galactic yo-yo's YouTube channel

Postby Galactic yo yo » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:48 pm

Link to my Channel
"it's seems that I am some kind of a galactic yo yo" - Jon Pertwee, The Claws of Axos

Galactic yo yo

Re: Galactic yo-yo's YouTube channel

Postby Galactic yo yo » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:42 am

"it's seems that I am some kind of a galactic yo yo" - Jon Pertwee, The Claws of Axos

Deborah J

Postby Deborah J » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:52 am

I'm a bit bamboozled by that clip with the 8th Doctor and Charley Pollard where they name drop Benjamin Franklin and refer to him as having been the president, which he never was, that's quite a common misconception I think, but I feel like the doctor would know that. Maybe he just didn't want to be rude by telling Charley she'd gotten it wrong?

SarahJaneFan

Postby SarahJaneFan » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:03 pm

Deborah J wrote:I'm a bit bamboozled by that clip with the 8th Doctor and Charley Pollard where they name drop Benjamin Franklin and refer to him as having been the president, which he never was, that's quite a common misconception I think, but I feel like the doctor would know that. Maybe he just didn't want to be rude by telling Charley she'd gotten it wrong?

Well Charley is a upper class girl from 1930, so I’d chalk that down to ignorance.

As for the Doctor, he is rather fond of amnesia in this incarnation. I wouldn’t trust a word that comes out of his mouth.

That said, it’s a really stupid error on the part of the writer. That is unless I’m being stupid and Benjamin Franklin being president was supposed to be a part of the story arc at the time where time went dodgy resulting in Shakespeare being removed from history and the CIA forming years earlier than it was supposed to.

EDIT: Yeah no I just checked, it was intentional and part of the storyline.
Helen Sinclair, Don’t You Dare!
Member Since June 2013

Deborah J

Postby Deborah J » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:33 pm

SarahJaneFan wrote:
Deborah J wrote:I'm a bit bamboozled by that clip with the 8th Doctor and Charley Pollard where they name drop Benjamin Franklin and refer to him as having been the president, which he never was, that's quite a common misconception I think, but I feel like the doctor would know that. Maybe he just didn't want to be rude by telling Charley she'd gotten it wrong?

Well Charley is a upper class girl from 1930, so I’d chalk that down to ignorance.

As for the Doctor, he is rather fond of amnesia in this incarnation. I wouldn’t trust a word that comes out of his mouth.

That said, it’s a really stupid error on the part of the writer. That is unless I’m being stupid and Benjamin Franklin being president was supposed to be a part of the story arc at the time where time went dodgy resulting in Shakespeare being removed from history and the CIA forming years earlier than it was supposed to.

EDIT: Yeah no I just checked, it was intentional and part of the storyline.

Ah. I stand corrected. In fairness, I know very little about what goes on in the audios, so I just listened to that one clip with no context.

SarahJaneFan

Postby SarahJaneFan » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:03 pm

Honestly it confused me too until listening to the clip got the dusty cogs in my brain working again and I began to remember bits and pieces.
Helen Sinclair, Don’t You Dare!
Member Since June 2013

Galactic yo yo

Postby Galactic yo yo » Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:34 pm

The first in the series of videos in which I bring my two favourite shows together
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6rRfkSMR20

Return to “Videos & Promos”