Sparrow's Collection of Miniature Plastic Friends

TheSparrow

Re: Sparrow's Collection of Miniature Plastic Friends

Post by TheSparrow »

Deborah J wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:44 pm
I've seen a picture of sparrow before, but it was at such a wacki angle and I guess from a while ago, he looks nothing like my extrapolated guess of what he looks like from the front.
I'll give him full marks for wearing the classic sparrow TCOS outfit, though, good work.
To be fair, I was 16 in that photo you saw of me, I didn't have the 'beard' that I have now, so you're definitely right.
I think now that I have that NOTD 8 and the cream 7 like I told you - I can focus on getting that Capaldi TARDIS as my next big want :lol:
That outfit was pretty much a coincidence :lol: I decided to wear it out to Derby to get the figures and then thought 'Eh, I wonder if anyone will pick up on this'. Full marks for pointing it out ;)
Avon wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:00 pm
(I feel personally attacked about the display cabinet though :lol: ).
Awesome collection Sparrow! Terrific display, and some cool choices for the main display, love your cyberbois, great to see Torchwood getting some love too, and the poses are very cool too, like how you'd see them back in the ol catalogues, with a bit of life and character behind them (13!). Super cool collection!
What's wrong with the cabinet? :( :lol:
I was a bit worried that people would think I'm childish for posing them, I just like them to look interesting and kind of represent their characters? I dunno. I love the Torchwood line! I just wish they'd had finished the Owen one and then I'd actually have a full collection :(
DalekCheese wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:36 pm
Noice. I like your cyberbois.
Cheers, my guy :)
Danoftardis wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:21 pm
Oh my goodness, sod the epic collection, sparrow has a face! :o This is truly a shocking revelation.

But seriously nice collection, it's also good to see someone else use a display cabinet, I thought I was the only one with class here. :lol:
Good man! That cabinet was actually a birthday present specifically for them :lol:
I'm pretty awful at faces, so I skipped it in my avatar because hell nah. So yeah, the face exists :lol:
Davrid Goodoson wrote: Nice
Wait, who are you?

Thanks all :) I was mad nervous about showing my collection, but you're all very kind :)
I STILL DON'T HAVE A SIGNATURE. I'VE GIVEN UP AT THIS POINT 👉😎👉

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

TheSparrow wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:30 pm
Deborah J wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:44 pm
I've seen a picture of sparrow before, but it was at such a wacki angle and I guess from a while ago, he looks nothing like my extrapolated guess of what he looks like from the front.
I'll give him full marks for wearing the classic sparrow TCOS outfit, though, good work.
To be fair, I was 16 in that photo you saw of me, I didn't have the 'beard' that I have now, so you're definitely right.
I think now that I have that NOTD 8 and the cream 7 like I told you - I can focus on getting that Capaldi TARDIS as my next big want :lol:
That outfit was pretty much a coincidence :lol: I decided to wear it out to Derby to get the figures and then thought 'Eh, I wonder if anyone will pick up on this'. Full marks for pointing it out ;)
I'l have to add the beard in next time I do some future band art. Very dapper.

Avon

Post by Avon »

TheSparrow wrote:
Avon wrote:
Awesome collection Sparrow! Terrific display, and some cool choices for the main display, love your cyberbois, great to see Torchwood getting some love too, and the poses are very cool too, like how you'd see them back in the ol catalogues, with a bit of life and character behind them (13!). Super cool collection!
I was a bit worried that people would think I'm childish for posing them, I just like them to look interesting and kind of represent their characters? I dunno. I love the Torchwood line! I just wish they'd had finished the Owen one and then I'd actually have a full collection :(

It's a lovely cabinet! I have cabinet envy :lol: certainly not! Not childish at all, as you say, it gives them personality rather than looking like they're all waiting for the bus. I admit I didn't get into Torchwood till a few years ago but after the second or third ep I went and got them all, awesome figures.., except their Jack who'll haunt your nightmares with his derp eye disease. Such a shame about Owen though.., they even prototyped him, looked to be a cool figure.

Can I ask, why is Nick Cutter dating Amy Pond? :lol: I'm kidding, I'm guessing a stand in?

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis »

Gotta agree with the posing, it's a good idea. I should be more creative with posing myself.

TheSparrow

Post by TheSparrow »

Avon wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:36 am
TheSparrow wrote:
Avon wrote:

It's a lovely cabinet! I have cabinet envy :lol: certainly not! Not childish at all, as you say, it gives them personality rather than looking like they're all waiting for the bus. I admit I didn't get into Torchwood till a few years ago but after the second or third ep I went and got them all, awesome figures.., except their Jack who'll haunt your nightmares with his derp eye disease. Such a shame about Owen though.., they even prototyped him, looked to be a cool figure.

Can I ask, why is Nick Cutter dating Amy Pond? :lol: I'm kidding, I'm guessing a stand in?
The prototype Owen was absolutely lovely, I'd loved for them to actually release it, but alas they didn't.

Yes! I've never found a decent figure of Rory on Amazon so I mean Nick Cutter will do for now 😂

TheSparrow

Post by TheSparrow »

Watch this space 👉😑👉

TheSparrow

Post by TheSparrow »

So, after my little trip to Manchester I picked up a few figures that you might think are random, but they were just a few gaps in my collection that I was happy to fill. I picked myself up Davros, The Master, River Song, Mickey Smith and Rory Williams.

So yeah, dead happy. Only came to under £50 too, Davros was like £15 which is a bit of a yikes, but I think it's not bad.

So yeah, here is the now fully complete Pond family, Amy has broken up with the Nick Cutter I used as a placeholder Rory.
Ft the beautiful Fezmop Matt which I'm glad I bought at age 12:

And I also have what I think to be the full collection of the Children of Time from TSE/JE of series 4. I accidentally ended up making it look like the episode guide photos on the main page. Something another user commented on off forum.

And since I had Davros, I thought I'd throw 10 and 12 together with him to just for the sake of it.

And I'm happy I've got a John Simm Master to put with 10 so I threw them together for a lil photo to finish off.

Only about 10 more figures left for my wants now, and about 9 of them are Daleks.
P.s. Cheers, dude. You fixed it.

-Sparrow

idontremembermylogin

Post by idontremembermylogin »

Brilliant stuff. I personally love the Fezmop 11 figure too.
i'm boring now

TheSparrow

Post by TheSparrow »

Cheers, my guy. It's probably one of their best - alongside Destroyed Cassandra.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

Oh wowowow, a great little haul there, Im very jealous of that river mickey and davros, lovely figures, well found.