idontremembermylogin's Collection

idontremembermylogin

idontremembermylogin's Collection

Post by idontremembermylogin »

Hello everyone! It's been over two years since I first joined and I've always wanted to post images of my collection, even if no-one really wants to see it. Before I start, I just want to say how much I really enjoy this forum and that without it I wouldn't have even known about B&M sets or details about figures or even who Al Dewar was - I basically would'nt really be a collector and I probably would've stopped buying these.

Now, here's one big image of the whole(ish) collection:

Looking at it now, it isn't all that impressive in comparison to other collections on here.

It's mostly New Series, due to the fact that I'm 18 and I grew up on the New Series, and its also mostly Doctors and Companions, because when I was a kid buying these 10+ year old figures I didn't want the bad guys and now they're all impossible to find and quite expensive.

Now, for the more detailed look. I've taken pictures of each group of figures and beneath the picture I'll list off where each one is from and how old it is (to the best of my ability).

SERIES 2:
(from left to right)
Rose Tyler and K9 from the recent FBI run, probably around 2015
Regenerated 10th Doctor, bought loose in 2017 from Dublin City Comics
10th Doctor with 3D glasses, again bought loose in 2017 from Dublin City Comics
Sarah Jane Smith (probably from a companions set of some description), (say it with me now) bought loose in 2017 from Dublin City Comics
Cyberman, from the 2016 B&M sets

11th Doctor Era:
(the order is weird, yes, I know)
11th Doctor with mop, Pandorica Wave (and one of my favourite figures) from around 2010/2011, not sure what year they came out in
Hiding next to the Mop Doctor is the stetson Doctor, which is the original 2011 release
Raggedy 11th Doctor, from the Crash Set in 2010, which I think I bought in a Sainsburies...
Policewoman Amy, from the Pandorica Wave. I'm not sure where or when I bought each Pandorica figure due to there being so many of them. I remember seeing them in FPI Manchester and in various Boots-es.
Behind Amy is the Jacketless 11th Doctor, from the SDCC/FPI exclusive Doctor and Orange (Stratagist?) Dalek, which is from 2010 IIRC.
Next to him there's a hidden Angel Bob from the Pandorica Wave, which I think I did get from Boots in the Arndale years and years ago.
Back to the front we have the 11th Doctor with red bow tie, I bought this as a replacement last year for the original which lost its leg in a tiled-flooring related accident. Original was from the Crash Set and this one is from StarWarsMan in Afflecks, Manchester.
Original 2010 Amy release, I got my dad to get me that off of Amazon, I was a pushy nine year old.
A Series 6 Rory, bought in World's Apart (FPI) Liverpool around 2011/2012ish.
And hidden at the back is the 2018 B&M set, Amy's leg is poking through behind Rory.

Classic (B&M) Era:
Speaks for itself really. All the B&M TARDII, with their respective Doctors.
I also have an original 2010 Unearthly Child 1st Doctor from FPI Dublin. I have no idea what year I bought it in. Probably 2010.

12th Doctor Era:
Black Missy, I honestly don't like this figure. I'd rather a purple one, but they didn't have it in World's Apart back in 2016(?). Its a release I don't see very often on here - Missy was originally released as an online exclusive and both figures had a special box, this one came from FPI in a regular Collector Series box.
Clara at the back, possibly from FPI Dublin again, not sure.
Purple Shirt "Sad" Capaldi (Thanks for the name Aunty Deb). Got this for Christmas in 2015 when my mum when to Ireland, therefore this figure is presumably from FPI Dublin again.
Then we have the 2018 12th Doctor Set with an Enemies of the First Doctor set Cyberman behind them.
The other figures from the 1st Doctor set are still boxed on the top shelf.

I don't really have many 12th Doctor figures. I went to America in 2017 and there was this great Toy Shop dotted around the West Coast. In San Francisco I was able to buy a 12th Doctor Flight Control TARDIS but I stupidly decided against it. It was in clearance too. I'm an Idiot.

SERIES 3:
Sweaty Faced Harold Saxon Master, bought loose from StarWarsMan in Afflecks in 2018.
2007 Utopia Set, bought from Toys R Us. I specifically remember begging my parents for this set, after being amazed that it existed. It could have been 2008 when I got it.
American Captain Jack release from my 2017 America trip, as mentioned earlier. Same chain of shops, but different city. It's called "Go! Calendars, Games, Toys & Books".

SERIES 4:
https://i.imgur.com/m5WtEao.jpg
Astrid Peth (with Life Ring), bought loose in 2017 from Dublin City Comics.
10th Doctor in Tuxedo, from FP Liverpool in 2017
River Song, presumably from the Vespiform Wave but I bought it in Afflecks last year.
Vashta Nerada from the 2016 B&M set
The Famous, controversy-causing, Blue Suited Doctor with Adipose, bought in 2016 from ThinkGeek in Orlando
Donna Noble, bought loose in 2017 from Dublin City Comics (I spent a lot of money that day).
Dalek Supreme, bought loose from The Who Shop in London in July 2019.
Davros, bought loose from StarWarsMan in Afflecks, also in July 2019.
(next image)
Regenerated 11th Doctor and End Of Time Master, Both Bought in 2010 but I have no Idea where, I remember dropping an 11th Doctor Sonic in either a TRU or a Supermarket on the same day.

Various Doctors:
These are just my favourite versions of each New Series Doctor that I own.
Under the Lake 12th Doctor. I got a friend to buy me this when they went to the UK for Easter in 2017. A lot of people seem to prefer the other Series 9 12th Doctor, I have that one boxed on the top shelf, also from the friend.
Purple, Series 7 11th Doctor. My favourite 11th Doctor by far, although I don't like the shabby paint work along the hairline. Standard Collector Series release from 2015, not the Regeneration Pack.
2016 B&M 10th Doctor. Identical to the Utopia set Doctor, but newer and less bashed.
2017 B&M 9th Doctor. My first and only 9th Doctor Figure - I think I'm the only person in the world who bought that B&M set. The rest of the set is boxed and on the top shelf.
2014 War Doctor (or "Other Doctor" as the packaging says). I really like this War Doctor figure. Got it on American Amzon for about $30 in 2016.
Finally, we have the newest Doctor figure, 2018 13th Doctor Figure. I don't like the 13th Doctor, but I had to get the figure.

But wait, there's more!

The last picture I want to post is of my oldest figures. I got them in 2006 (or 2007?) for Christmas along with the flight control TARDIS from the Series 2 group picture.
You can tell how much I loved them from how battered they are. That Doctor figure followed me around everywhere when I was at home, and in the Summer I would take it and the TARDIS with me in my hand luggage back to the UK every year. I really did baffle airport security in Dubai when they pulled out a TARDIS and had no clue what it was. They didn't beleive that it was a toy (Which reminds me, in 2010 my Dad orded me an 11th Doctor Sonic Screwdriver and when it got to customs in Dubai,they thought it was a bomb and they destroyed it).

Thats it. If you read all of this waffle, I congratulate you. It took over an hour to write this all up.
i'm boring now

Deborah J

Re: idontremembermylogin's Collection

Post by Deborah J »

That's a nice collection there, a few pieces I don't have among it. I have a question, though, you have the jacketless Matt figure, and you mention his orange dalek friend, but he's not in the picture, where's he got to? Is he in packaging up at the top?

Gek2Win

Post by Gek2Win »

Don't worry, got that 9th doctor set too :lol:

But seriously, the stories behind all of these remind me if my childhood. My late childhood, admittedly, but my childhood all the same. I appreciate the size of your collection, it makes me feel better about my own :lol:

Sorry about that. But seriously, that's a nice collection. Props for remembering how you got everything. I only remember how I got half of mine.

Edit: forgot to mention, but Tennant and RC K9 was my first too. Neither are with my collection though, Tennant lost his hand in a mysterious incident lost to the depths of time. I think it had something to do with stairs. K9's missing his ears and remote control too.

idontremembermylogin

Deborah J wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:40 pm
That's a nice collection there, a few pieces I don't have among it. I have a question, though, you have the jacketless Matt figure, and you mention his orange dalek friend, but he's not in the picture, where's he got to? Is he in packaging up at the top?
Ah yes, since there's a huge abundance of 11th Doctor era figures there isn't enough room for everything. So along with the orange Dalek, I have a white Dalek, Pandorica Guard Cyberman from the pandorica wave, a Sliurian from the Pandorica Wave and a Francesco vampire guy all loose hiding around my room.

I do still have the packaging for the Doctor and Orange Dalek, but it's one of the bubble packs so it won't really fit into all the boxes on the top shelf. It's also in two pieces.

EDIT: And I have an Underhenge Stone Dalek too! I used to have a Series 5 section on my shelf with a nice little Pandorica Opens homage but I've not got the room for it in the UK
i'm boring now

Gek2Win

Post by Gek2Win »

I would do my own collection thread, but I'm waiting on the B&M sets.

idontremembermylogin

Gek2Win wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:41 pm
Sorry about that. But seriously, that's a nice collection. Props for remembering how you got everything. I only remember how I got half of mine
Thing for me is that I only used to have 2 months every year to get figures, so buying them was sort of a novel experience for me. Back in the days of Woolworths I remember going in and having a good hard look at everything and be amazed at what they had. None of my friends in Dubai had even heard of Doctor Who but it was such a huge thing for me, so getting these figures was great.

I also remember sitting on the family computer watching figure reviews and adventures and planning out my own when I eventually got whichever one was on screen, of course I'd forget by the time July came around.
i'm boring now

TheSparrow

Post by TheSparrow »

What a brilliant lot!
That's an impressive collection considering you've been in Dubai. They look amazing, mate.
It's strange to know that there's an 18yo out there who, like me, would watch figure adventures and reviews when they were younger. Nobody I knew when I was a kid liked Doctor Who remotely as much as I did.

These collection threads are very exciting, I'm loving everyone's.

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis »

You have a very nice collection here, thanks for sharing it. Certainly a few figures you have that I want to get eventually. As I mentioned in my thread RC K9 and Tennant was also my first figure back in 2006. I can remember where I got most of my figures too, plus I can certainly relate to watching the reviews and adventures on YouTube. I even did a few myself.

idontremembermylogin

Danoftardis wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:17 pm
You have a very nice collection here, thanks for sharing it. Certainly a few figures you have that I want to get eventually. As I mentioned in my thread RC K9 and Tennant was also my first figure back in 2006. I can remember where I got most of my figures too, plus I can certainly relate to watching the reviews and adventures on YouTube. I even did a few myself.
Who knows, maybe I watched some of yours back in the day.
i'm boring now

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis »

idontremembermylogin wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:20 pm
Danoftardis wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:17 pm
Who knows, maybe I watched some of yours back in the day.
I doubt it, it was only a moderately successful channel which ran for just about 12 months I think, I did it with a friend. It was called doctorwhoreviewer1.