Avon's collection

Danoftardis

Re: Avon's collection

Post by Danoftardis » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:45 am

Cyberbois be like:

On a more relevant note, nice collection Avon. One or two items there I'm a bit jealous of.

Avon

Post by Avon » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:10 pm

Oh my god, what,.. what the hell happened? :lol: :lol: :lol: ...... well, thanks all! Soiled my topic with naked Baker, I dread to think what the part 1 cliffhanger is :lol:

Charlie - sort of yes! Essentially, I bought a second to cannibalise parts for my original, I took the rotor out, put a small box in which the Drashig sits on, took one pillar out, with the rest unaltered, except the very top row which stand on Marvel Legend stands, stacked three high. One day, I'd love to have a glass cabinet with this sat in the middle, and fill it all the way round with figures, but as is it makes for a nice display perch for them.

Deborah - Thank you! Very lucky to have those Revenge Cybermen - would you believe, as late as 2016, FP Birmingham still had them for £20 and of course, I passed on them oblivious to their rarity and when I returned.., all gone. Luckily managed to get them loose sans Cyber draft excluder online.
Fate and circumstance were kind with the 80's versions, it's tough to see with so many of em "bois" :lol: but I have three Pete's World (one Cyberleader), one Tenth Planet, one Tomb, one Tomb controller, one Invasion, two Revenge plus their Cyberleader, 2 Earthshock, 2 Attack, 1 Rogue, 1 Scout, but no Nemesis yet! Come on B&M... I love how their a hodgepodge of eras and designs, befitting of them I feel (headcanon says the Revenge leader is in charge of the gang with the two other Revenge as his Lieutenants. Rest are regular troopers or old farts, with Pete's World ones being the relatives who you didn't invite at Christmas but still turn up and are welcome as cannonfodder or target practice after dessert) I have too much time on my hands haha

SJF - Indeed! I kinda feel like I cheated as all I did was repaint the hair and jacket - but it works! Always intended to add the fur piping to her coat but I was happy as-is, I need to make Kroton though. Next to her is my equally light on effort Bernice Summerfield figure, just trimmed the ponytail off for her original short haircut, repainted the jacket and gave her a Star Wars blaster.

Deborah again - your photoshop skills know no bounds :lol: nor will they forever haunting my nightmares

Thanks Dan!

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:24 pm

I'm so so sorry, things just got really out of hand. But, I mean, at least I didn't go all out and put a naked colin in there, it could have been worse.

I have a Tenth Planet, two normal Tombs, one Tomb controller, one Invasion, one Earthshock, one Attack, one Doomsday with the little arm gun, one Closing time rustiboi. The different designs always look so good together, I think.

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:26 am

I have a Tomb, Tomb Controller, Invasion, Earthshock, Attack, Silver Nemesis double, Doomsday Cyber Leader (from the RC Dalek Battle Pack) and a destroyed Cybus Cybermen from the Dommsday set. My Cyberboi collection is my life, I love them. One day I hope to have them all.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:08 am

It's Doctors that I have the most of in my collection, 43 Doctors. I'm able to recreate that classic story "the 43 Doctors" Even if my 9 cyberbois teamed up with my 14 daleks they'd still be outnumbered.

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:16 pm

Deborah J wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:08 am
I'm able to recreate that classic story "the 43 Doctors" Even if my 9 cyberbois teamed up with my 14 daleks they'd still be outnumbered.
I never realised how much I wanted to see the TV serial 'The Forty Three Doctors in an Adventure with Nine Cyberbois' before until now. Excuse me while I submit the idea to Chibbers. I think you've got me beat for number of Doctors though, I'd have to go count. Therefore I humbly submit my Cyberbois team up with yours to even the odds.

Also many apologies Avon for total derailing your thread with our silliness.

Avon

Post by Avon » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:41 pm

So I did a quick re-arrange, added an extra level so the companions are higher up, plus some new additions (Bill!)

10 is armed, and dangerous, with a custom water pistol :lol:

Monsters! Moved home from the top of my wardrobe to my black shelving unit due to TARDIS repairs

Cyberboi squad

And the rest, Cybusbois, an Angel, and a Weevil

Some more pictures of the my other Doctors, companions, and my Jon Pertwee cookbook tomorrow :lol:

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:04 am

The re-arrange works well, your Doctor/Companion collection looks great.

What is the collective noun for Cyberbois anyway, is it squad or something more exotic like gaggle or heard?

And where has the Jon Pertwee cook book been all my life, it sounds fantastic!

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:03 am

What I'm curious to know is why the doctors are stood in that order. Like I have had mine in chronological order, I've had them grouped like in day of the doctor, earliest to the outside, I usually position them in some variation of that but with the current doctor in the middle, then my favourites closest to the middle doctor, going outward on both sides, so I'm wondering what the thinking is behind this ordering.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:49 am

Deborah J wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:03 am
What I'm curious to know is why the doctors are stood in that order. Like I have had mine in chronological order, I've had them grouped like in day of the doctor, earliest to the outside, I usually position them in some variation of that but with the current doctor in the middle, then my favourites closest to the middle doctor, going outward on both sides, so I'm wondering what the thinking is behind this ordering.
Joke’s on me, I only have one Doctor because I’m poor and nowhere near me sells them so I just have to scavenge from car-boot sales.
Al Dewar, if you are reading this, please give me a job/ all variants of all figures you have ever produced (delete as applicable).

Despite occasional claims to the contrary, the blessed St. Verity Lambert is not recognised by any major church.