Avon's collection

Avon

Re: Avon's collection

Post by Avon » Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:42 am

Thanks both! Don't know why I didn't do it sooner, it's a much better view of each of the figures, and as for cyberbois.., I'm partial to patrol or platoon but, gaggle?

And oh yes the Jon Pertwee cookbook is a marvelous thing! Containing such delights as Swedish oat wafers, baked dumpling surprise, mincemeat surprise (spoliers, mad cow disease! :lol: ), and "mmmm Cake".

The book also possess a dematerialization circuit :lol:

Well Deborah, it's a bit hard to explain, but here we go. Basically, my favorite Doctors are, in order, 10, 3, 7, 9, and 5, so they go dead center, the others are arranged in a weird combination of how I imagine they'd get on, or know they would from multi Doctor stories i.e. 6 and 2, 11 and 2, 1 and 12 with added War for the grumpy old men squad, I think 5, 13, and 8 would make a great team etc. Visually, also, how they go together. Tom's the only one I might move as where he is dictated by K9. Other factors too, SJ is between 10 and 3, for instance, Jack kinda hovers between 9 and 10. Plus, I like how strange it is to see them all mixed up, so intentionally made sure none of them are standing next to their immediate predecessor or successor.

Some more pictures (no idea what's up with my camera, being a real pain in the rear with blurry photos)

"Where's Clara?" :lol: I'm so evil, sorry to disappoint you Deborah. Derp eyes Rory lives here, when he's not haunting my nightmares with Mr and Mrs Blobby and Steps

Masters

Most of my Doctor variants (that arent 10 or 3) are in storage, but my favs are currently chilling in the TARDIS playset (Baker is in the back, naked, being covered up by 12 as we wanted to maintain a PG rating)

10 10's, I have a few others, S3 with and without trenchcoat, spikey hair etc etc

1 Doctor! Whose that then?

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:45 am

You have a Genesis dalek.

You keep it in the dark.

Shame on you. Daleks should be available for all the world to see.
Al Dewar, if you are reading this, please give me a job/ all variants of all figures you have ever produced (delete as applicable).

Despite occasional claims to the contrary, the blessed St. Verity Lambert is not recognised by any major church.

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis » Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:53 am

Avon wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:42 am
and as for cyberbois.., I'm partial to patrol or platoon but, gaggle?
Yeah y'know gaggle of geese? Let's be honest sometimes Cyberbois seem to act like they're nothing more than a bunch of geese roaming around.
Avon wrote:
And oh yes the Jon Pertwee cookbook is a marvelous thing! Containing such delights as Swedish oat wafers, baked dumpling surprise, mincemeat surprise (spoliers, mad cow disease! :lol: ), and "mmmm Cake".
That art of Pertwee on the back is marvellous, he's so dashingly suave.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:58 am

Danoftardis wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:53 am
Avon wrote:
and as for cyberbois.., I'm partial to patrol or platoon but, gaggle?
Yeah y'know gaggle of geese? Let's be honest sometimes Cyberbois seem to act like they're nothing more than a bunch of geese roaming around.
Avon wrote:
That art of Pertwee on the back is marvellous, he's so dashingly suave.
I have pet geese. Apart from 1 angry one, the Cyberbois- esp. in the 5 doctors- are very reminiscent of geese.
Al Dewar, if you are reading this, please give me a job/ all variants of all figures you have ever produced (delete as applicable).

Despite occasional claims to the contrary, the blessed St. Verity Lambert is not recognised by any major church.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:08 pm

DalekCheese wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:49 am
Deborah J wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:03 am
What I'm curious to know is why the doctors are stood in that order. Like I have had mine in chronological order, I've had them grouped like in day of the doctor, earliest to the outside, I usually position them in some variation of that but with the current doctor in the middle, then my favourites closest to the middle doctor, going outward on both sides, so I'm wondering what the thinking is behind this ordering.
Joke’s on me, I only have one Doctor because I’m poor and nowhere near me sells them so I just have to scavenge from car-boot sales.
One doctor isn't bad going, I used to only have one myself for the first couple of years of my collection. Now I have something like 43 of them.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:10 pm

Deborah J wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:08 pm
DalekCheese wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:49 am
Deborah J wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:03 am
What I'm curious to know is why the doctors are stood in that order. Like I have had mine in chronological order, I've had them grouped like in day of the doctor, earliest to the outside, I usually position them in some variation of that but with the current doctor in the middle, then my favourites closest to the middle doctor, going outward on both sides, so I'm wondering what the thinking is behind this ordering.
Joke’s on me, I only have one Doctor because I’m poor and nowhere near me sells them so I just have to scavenge from car-boot sales.
One doctor isn't bad going, I used to only have one myself for the first couple of years of my collection. Now I have something like 43 of them.

——

How do you know who the next 29 Doctors will be? 🤔

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:24 pm

DalekCheese wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:10 pm

——

I'm from the future ;)

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:27 pm

Hey, Avon. what version of pertwee is that in the tardis with ace and spooky tennant and jacketless tom? it looks like he's wearing a white shirt and a brown jacket, but then I'm like maybe that's tennant's jacket, but tennant isn't next to him there's a colin in the way and it's bamboozling me.

Also I think Tom and Ace look really great in the setting in that shot, can't explain exactly why, but the aesthetic really does it for me.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:29 pm

Deborah J wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:24 pm
DalekCheese wrote:

——

I'm from the future ;)
Are there cats in sequinned jackets?! I NEED TO KNOW THIS

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:34 pm

DalekCheese wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:29 pm
Deborah J wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:24 pm
DalekCheese wrote:

——

I'm from the future ;)
Are there cats in sequinned jackets?! I NEED TO KNOW THIS
you need to dream bigger, think Sequins in cat jackets.