Avon's collection

SJF

Re: Avon's collection

Post by SJF » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:21 am

I always regretted not getting the Black Series Ahsoka Figure.

Avon

Post by Avon » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:13 am

I can relate regarding Disney..., to be honest, much like the JJ Star Trek films, and much like you said, I just didn't like the direction they went, I still watch them, got nothing against Rey, Poe, Finn etc, cool characters etc just..., feels very tired and predictable, I don't get the same feeling as I did, but I guess, its another generations time and well, I loved the prequels as a kid, what do I know? :lol:
I also grew up on the EU and..., I knew it'd be overwritten but felt bits and bobs had been ripped off in the new films anyway and if they did that, why not just, use Jaina, Mara and co? I did love Rebels, though. I know right? :lol: I couldn't believe it, no one in Birmingham obviously has any taste.

Blimey! I had a few of the 3.5 inchers, maybe 20, no idea where they are (I'd love to display them), never that many though! Six inch wise I have: Revan, Mace, Jango, Rex, both Clone armor and RotS Obi Wan, RotS Anakin, Kanan, Hera, Sabine, New Hope Vader, Empire Han, and Jaina, Love to own a proper Kanan (mines missing his accessories), Thrawn, Tarkin, Palps, Ezra, Chopper, Wolfe, Chewy, Leia, and Jedi Luke someday, I bought a ton more, many doubles for Blake's 7 characters, and definitely, I missed Ashoka and deeply regret it.. Really, really hoping Dooku's next year...

I'd highly recommend Jaina, they mashed Carrie's and Harrison's faces together and it's scary! She's got Leia's eyes but Han's smurk, it's funny to look at, the flight harness comes off too for her black jumpsuit look, plus you can hang her saber off her belt, and holster her gun, and the X Wing helmet fits perfectly, probably my favorite I own.

So a quick two pictures, here's my signed picture and an incredibly blury picture at that, which I can now say is to celebrate the return of Ace for three minutes yesterday!!!

And it's (almost) the same picture in the trailer!

And a new picture of my UNIT lab, nothing really new, but it is a part of the collection
Wash day tomorrow for the Brig hence the old uniform :lol:

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:27 pm

Avon wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:13 am
I can relate regarding Disney..., to be honest, much like the JJ Star Trek films, and much like you said, I just didn't like the direction they went, I still watch them, got nothing against Rey, Poe, Finn etc, cool characters etc just..., feels very tired and predictable, I don't get the same feeling as I did, but I guess, its another generations time and well, I loved the prequels as a kid, what do I know? :lol:
I also grew up on the EU and..., I knew it'd be overwritten but felt bits and bobs had been ripped off in the new films anyway and if they did that, why not just, use Jaina, Mara and co? I did love Rebels, though. I know right? :lol: I couldn't believe it, no one in Birmingham obviously has any taste.

Blimey! I had a few of the 3.5 inchers, maybe 20, no idea where they are (I'd love to display them), never that many though! Six inch wise I have: Revan, Mace, Jango, Rex, both Clone armor and RotS Obi Wan, RotS Anakin, Kanan, Hera, Sabine, New Hope Vader, Empire Han, and Jaina, Love to own a proper Kanan (mines missing his accessories), Thrawn, Tarkin, Palps, Ezra, Chopper, Wolfe, Chewy, Leia, and Jedi Luke someday, I bought a ton more, many doubles for Blake's 7 characters, and definitely, I missed Ashoka and deeply regret it.. Really, really hoping Dooku's next year...

I'd highly recommend Jaina, they mashed Carrie's and Harrison's faces together and it's scary! She's got Leia's eyes but Han's smurk, it's funny to look at, the flight harness comes off too for her black jumpsuit look, plus you can hang her saber off her belt, and holster her gun, and the X Wing helmet fits perfectly, probably my favorite I own.

So a quick two pictures, here's my signed picture and an incredibly blury picture at that, which I can now say is to celebrate the return of Ace for three minutes yesterday!!!

And it's (almost) the same picture in the trailer!

And a new picture of my UNIT lab, nothing really new, but it is a part of the collection
Wash day tomorrow for the Brig hence the old uniform :lol:
The sequels aren’t bad, but the OT’s better (imho). I do very much like the anthologies, really capture the feeling of the OT.
Al Dewar, if you are reading this, please give me a job/ all variants of all figures you have ever produced (delete as applicable).

Despite occasional claims to the contrary, the blessed St. Verity Lambert is not recognised by any major church.