Deborah's Drawings of Stuff

Deborah J

Re: Deborah's Drawings of Stuff

Post by Deborah J »

Danoftardis wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 3:24 pm
It is a very good Dalek, though like you say it goes a bit odd where the plunger joins the torso, but overall it's really rather great. The shading is top work as well. Loving the Destinys too.

On a side note I never saw the original post with sneaky Deborahs... It's like the Cadbury gorilla ad all over again: everyone saw it but me.
yeah it was like a tiny amount of the least clothed deborah, then the dalek, then most of fully clothed deborah, just the way DC described it made me think it probably came across as vaguely seedy as opposed to amusingly illustrative. There is a full version with just a whole load of deborahs, but ultimately I thought showing a hip, arm and end of a (covered) boob from the least clothed deborah wasn't really any better than posting the whole bizarre lineup, so I swapped it back out.

I would also say that although there wasn't much you hadn't seen in the version I took down from here, the full image itself is a mind boggling masterpiece for the ages.

Fincon1

Post by Fincon1 »

Deborah J wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 3:29 pm
I would also say that although there wasn't much you hadn't seen in the version I took down from here, the full image itself is a mind boggling masterpiece for the ages.
I am torn between being thrilled that not only did you do it, but actually included a Dalek, and gutted that I'll never get to see it! Could you maybe mail me a printed and signed version which I will get framed for my Dalek display area? :lol:

Great job on the Dalek, though, and especially the Destinies. That and Death have always been my favourite colour schemes (aren't Daleks supposed to be colour blind anyway?).

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

I'll perhaps DM it to you some time. It got shared in the TCOS discord this morning, I think the general consensus was one of unsettling confusion.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

There were definitely some confusing parts (well, the sudden disappearance of her hair was the primary confusing bit)

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

DalekCheese wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 8:54 pm
There were definitely some confusing parts (well, the sudden disappearance of her hair was the primary confusing bit)
I don't know what to tell you, it was on a seperate layer to the base layer, it had to go.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

Deborah J wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 8:55 pm
DalekCheese wrote:
I don't know what to tell you, it was on a seperate layer to the base layer, it had to go.
Lojick

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

DalekCheese wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 9:01 pm
Deborah J wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 8:55 pm
DalekCheese wrote:
Lojick
Logic, my dear Zoe, merely allows one to be wrong with authority.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

So I've been doing drawing again. Everyone's been talking about potential ideas for Tenth Planet sets with Ben and Polly and it made me want to do a drawing of them, in my preferred headcanon colour schemes. So here is that:

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis »

"No, stop! Take your hands off me, Chesterfield help me!"

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

Danoftardis wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:02 pm
"No, stop! Take your hands off me, Chesterfield help me!"
It does look a bit like they're trying to chaperone a wandered grandparent who doesn't remember who they are.