Deborah's Drawings of Stuff

Deborah J

Re: Deborah's Drawings of Stuff

Post by Deborah J » Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:52 pm

A lot of the memes seem to come from me to start with, but yeah, sure.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:32 pm

:lol: some type of blob with just arms, legs, and bits of satanic puppet baker sticking out....
Al Dewar, if you are reading this, please give me a job/ all variants of all figures you have ever produced (delete as applicable).

Despite occasional claims to the contrary, the blessed St. Verity Lambert is not recognised by any major church.

CharlieTheWhovian
Location: I could tell you but then I'd probably have to kill you... ;)

Post by CharlieTheWhovian » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:47 pm

If you're taking inspiration at the minute, based on the s12 rumours I'd love to see a Sea Devil/Auton hybrid!

Come on, don't look at me like that - its no weirder than the rest of the stuff on here.... :lol: :lol:

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis » Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:28 am

Poor Deb, all she gets are requests for weird ever so slightly creepy drawings, I don't know how she sleeps at night. We should be asking her to draw something she likes, David Warner for example, unless that would break her restraining order of course.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:55 am

Danoftardis wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:28 am
Poor Deb, all she gets are requests for weird ever so slightly creepy drawings, I don't know how she sleeps at night. We should be asking her to draw something she likes, David Warner for example, unless that would break her restraining order of course.
The answer is very poorly, but I can't entirely blame you lot for that.

I'd love to draw David Warner, but I'll have to have a look through my extensive back-catalogue of drawings I've done of him to make sure I'm not doing one I've already done.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:33 pm

So, not drawn any new stuff recently, but I wanted to share some of my older pictures with you, just for fun. This first one was drawn back in 2013, just before the 50th anniversary, it was tweaked a little bit a year or so later, I don't have the original version, but the only thing I changed was john hurt's legs, originally I had him wearing very plain knee-high boots, then after the episode aired I saw he actually wore normal shoes/boots with gators, and I think once I had the action figure, which would have been christmas 2014, I went back and drew those in, but it's just extra details inside the existing shape, not a big alteration, and it's better for it. So here is that. I'm particularly pleased with how hartnell looks, even after all this time he is still probably the best likeness to hartnell I've drawn. In the draught sketch I made before this he looks like richard hurndall, I might share that if I still have it. Also, you'll see a running theme in these, I absolutely can't draw Colin Baker. Can't get his face even close, no matter what I try. This is ctually one of my better ones of him.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:35 pm

Deborah J wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:33 pm
So, not drawn any new stuff recently, but I wanted to share some of my older pictures with you, just for fun. This first one was drawn back in 2013, just before the 50th anniversary, it was tweaked a little bit a year or so later, I don't have the original version, but the only thing I changed was john hurt's legs, originally I had him wearing very plain knee-high boots, then after the episode aired I saw he actually wore normal shoes/boots with gators, and I think once I had the action figure, which would have been christmas 2014, I went back and drew those in, but it's just extra details inside the existing shape, not a big alteration, and it's better for it. So here is that. I'm particularly pleased with how hartnell looks, even after all this time he is still probably the best likeness to hartnell I've drawn. In the draught sketch I made before this he looks like richard hurndall, I might share that if I still have it. Also, you'll see a running theme in these, I absolutely can't draw Colin Baker. Can't get his face even close, no matter what I try. This is ctually one of my better ones of him.

Actually, I reckon that Troughton is pretty damn good.
Al Dewar, if you are reading this, please give me a job/ all variants of all figures you have ever produced (delete as applicable).

Despite occasional claims to the contrary, the blessed St. Verity Lambert is not recognised by any major church.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:39 pm

So this next one was made in the late summer or early autumn of 2014, just before Peter Capaldi started in Doctor Who. I had had a group picture of all the doctors that I drew in 2010, which was on the inside of my door of my room at uni the whole time I was there, and with the start of the new doctor I wanted to make an updated one to replace it. I have a printout of this currently blutacked to my wardrobe door, it was on the wall above my mirror for a while, it moves around. I've never been able to capture Jodie's likeness well enough in a drawing to do the replacement for this one, I've never done a 14 doctors group drawing :( And as you can see, the colins are getting worse.

If I can find the 11 doctors picture from my uni door then I'll scan it and put it up for you, it was made back in the days before I did digital drawing or even just digital colouring.

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:26 pm

These are good, I've long struggled to achieve significant facial recognition with my hand drawn art, so much so that sometimes I think I'm never going to manage it, actually I think my peak drawing skill days are behind me, 2015/16 was when I hit what I consider my best patch. I really need to get back to that point.

I'll probably never show my drawings, although I wish I would, but I've always been super critical of my work and tend to think it's all awful. I have a very difficult relationship with art for various reasons, a lot of it down to GCSE art and my 'teacher', before then I loved it and had sooo much confidence in my ability. Ah well.

Back on topic, Is Matt tickling John Hurt's beard in the 50th image?

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:28 pm

Danoftardis wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:26 pm
These are good, I've long struggled to achieve significant facial recognition with my hand drawn art, so much so that sometimes I think I'm never going to manage it, actually I think my peak drawing skill days are behind me, 2015/16 was when I hit what I consider my best patch. I really need to get back to that point.

I'll probably never show my drawings, although I wish I would, but I've always been super critical of my work and tend to think it's all awful. I have a very difficult relationship with art for various reasons, a lot of it down to GCSE art and my 'teacher', before then I loved it and had sooo much confidence in my ability. Ah well.

Back on topic, Is Matt tickling John Hurt's beard in the 50th image?
Oh, go on, show us some pics! (Won’t be nasty, I promise :P )