Danoftardis's collection

Danoftardis

Danoftardis's collection

Post by Danoftardis » Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:28 am

So I thought I'd post a look at my collection of figures, because why not?

I have way too many figures to display at once, and I don't like leaving them on open shelves as I'm lazy and don't want to spend hours dusting them, so the ones that aren't on display reside in some drawers, for example:

For the ones on display I have a display cabinet (classy like 8-) ) which is shared with some other stuff. There's two shelves for figures, one exclusive to DW and the other one has other figures as well. Here's the first shelf:

Muh Cyberbois, aren't they lovely. Cyber Leader heads the display while destroyed Cybus Cyberboi is just chillin in the corner. I often change out the display for this shelf, before the Cyberbois it was Matt Smith era and before that assorted Pertwee era figures.

Here's shelf two:
That main DW presence here is a mini Remembrance of the Daleks group. And in the corner is a sport reserved for my latest DW figure purchase, currently occupied by clown feet Capaldi:

And there we are, that's what it all looks like at the moment, I hope you like it :) . I'll update the thread when I change out my displays whether you want to see it or not, it's my thread ;) .

Deborah J

Re: Danoftardis's collection

Post by Deborah J » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:53 am

Layering plastic between the boxed up figures is a smart idea, I think people would be horrified at the lack of care my figures get when they're not on display, they just live in a big plastic crate heaped up together.

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:29 am

Deborah J wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:53 am
Layering plastic between the boxed up figures is a smart idea, I think people would be horrified at the lack of care my figures get when they're not on display, they just live in a big plastic crate heaped up together.
I thought it was a pretty neat idea, if I've spent £££ on all these I want to keep them nice.

Also waiting until I change my displays to show the rest of my collection was quite frankly a stupid idea, so I plan to get them out and take some snaps of them over the coming days, stay tuned whoever is interested.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:14 am

I'm certainly excited to see that. I should put up some pictures of my collection sometime. Not in your thread, of course, I know I'm disruptive, but I'm not that disruptive.

Avon

Post by Avon » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:12 pm

^ Me too! I love seeing people's collections, especially envious of your Nemesis Cybes and those Remembrance figures as I missed them all except Ace, and it's my favorite Dalek story. Love your cyberboi army too, "excellent" :lol: dude in the corner's got that 3000 mile stare that says he's longing to be as cool as the others

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:25 pm

Deborah J wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:14 am
I'm certainly excited to see that. I should put up some pictures of my collection sometime. Not in your thread, of course, I know I'm disruptive, but I'm not that disruptive.
Thanks, it'd be cool to see your collection if you ever find time.
Avon wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:12 pm
^ Me too! I love seeing people's collections, especially envious of your Nemesis Cybes and those Remembrance figures as I missed them all except Ace, and it's my favorite Dalek story. Love your cyberboi army too, "excellent" :lol: dude in the corner's got that 3000 mile stare that says he's longing to be as cool as the others
Thank you Avon :D .

Pictures of my Daleks and classic monsters will be coming sometime soon.

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:24 pm

Right then here is my collection of Daleks. Mostly from Remembrance, one of my favourite episodes. I was really pleased to get the Remembrance set when it came out, I've always had a thing for the Special Weapons Dalek.

Here's the full group:

And here's some closer shots:
Technically Dalek Sec is the Sci-Fi Collector diecast model, rather than the CO figure, but just ignore that fact.

And as a bonus here are my RC Daleks:
The Dalek battle pack was one of the first sets I got, must've been in 2006 sometime. Bronze Dalek looks like he's that old as well :lol: must get the superglue out.

There we go there's all my Daleks for your viewing pleasure, I hope you enjoyed them.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:34 pm

Oh wow, those are some lovely dalek friends. THe only one of those I have is SWD, and mine is the talky toaster rerelease version. I missed out on the Remembrance set, really regretted it, I was so so close to getting one.

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:41 am

Deborah J wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:34 pm
Oh wow, those are some lovely dalek friends. THe only one of those I have is SWD, and mine is the talky toaster rerelease version. I missed out on the Remembrance set, really regretted it, I was so so close to getting one.
Thank you. The Remembrance set is lovely, although I wish they'd used the right mould for the Renegade Dalek, that's just a minor drawback though. Definitely in my top 5 classic sets that I own.

And I'm totally referring to anything that's got sfx as 'talky toaster' from now on, I shall pay royalties to you if need be :lol: .

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:38 am

Alright then up next is my Classic bad hombre collection. I forgot to take a wide group shot of these so just the close ups this time.

We've got Ice warrior and Sea Devil from the regular classics waves, 5 inches of perfect Roger Delgardo with orange Krynoid pretending to be an Axon (one of my favourite classic sets) and then big ole jelly as I like to call him on the end. While useless I really do like the gel guard, The Three Doctors is one of my all time favourite classic episodes.

Here is lovely Linx, some maggots, a Zygon and crispy Master. Robot mummy and Voc bot are from the Fourth Doctor adventure set, I really like the canopic jar for some reason. Crispy Master knows where you live and he's coming to get you.

Next up will probably be my Doctors, which will be splint into two posts I think. Enjoy :) .