Danoftardis's collection

TheSparrow

Re: Danoftardis's collection

Post by TheSparrow »

Glad to see the B&m sets popping up in people's collections.
Cool lot, Dan.

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis »

TheSparrow wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:12 am
Glad to see the B&m sets popping up in people's collections.
Cool lot, Dan.
Thanks! 👍

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis »

Tiny update today for anyone interested. Several weeks ago now my official UN contact attached to UNIT West Midlands HQ managed to secure the 'Claws of Axos' B&M set for me, so I changed my cabinet display to all* my Pertwee era figures. Quicker than you can say "Desert Storm" I swapped out Benton and Yates' modern rifles for other Brig's pistol and Ace's Anti-tank gun. Yates uses a pistol in Claws anyway and I felt the anti-tank looked better than the modern rifle for Benton. Anyway I thought I'd post that photo here, apologies for awful quality of said photo.

*Full disclosure, not all my Pertwee figures are here. Time Warrior Jon and Spiders/Robot TARDIS is on another shelf and Linx's space port-a-loo is in its box, as are The Three Doctors Hartnell and Troughton. Don't sue me.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

Danoftardis wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:32 pm
Tiny update today for anyone interested. Several weeks ago now my official UN contact attached to UNIT West Midlands HQ managed to secure the 'Claws of Axos' B&M set for me, so I changed my cabinet display to all* my Pertwee era figures. Quicker than you can say "Desert Storm" I swapped out Benton and Yates' modern rifles for other Brig's pistol and Ace's Anti-tank gun. Yates uses a pistol in Claws anyway and I felt the anti-tank looked better than the modern rifle for Benton. Anyway I thought I'd post that photo here, apologies for awful quality of said photo.

*Full disclosure, not all my Pertwee figures are here. Time Warrior Jon and Spiders/Robot TARDIS is on another shelf and Linx's space port-a-loo is in its box, as are The Three Doctors Hartnell and Troughton. Don't sue me.
I'm going to sue. She's always pleased when I visit.

Nice display there, though, looks really smart. my shelves are getting a little overrun recently, I have more I want to display than I do room to display it

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis »

Deborah J wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:42 pm
I'm going to sue. She's always pleased when I visit.

Nice display there, though, looks really smart. my shelves are getting a little overrun recently, I have more I want to display than I do room to display it
I've heard she's quite good at tennis. And quiz shows.

I have a similar problem, which is why most of my figures are in drawers. I'd like to display more of them but most of my cabinet has models in so I just go with a rotated display on this shelf with some extras in another shelf below.