Danoftardis's collection

Danoftardis

Re: Danoftardis's collection

Post by Danoftardis » Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:01 pm

So I had a moment of creative inspiration thanks to Deborah's comments, I booted up my naff 90's image editing software and made an image.

May I present (a rather rushed and badly made) 1930's Gangsta Baker.
He's going to destroy your small business and steal your stock, all in the name of saving the Earth.

Bonus points if you can name the actual criminal in the image I used.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:29 pm

Very impressive. Alcapone wore a hat like that, is that who the picture was?

BilliePiperFan

Post by BilliePiperFan » Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:49 pm

Danoftardis wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:04 am
Deborah J wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:17 am
Danoftardis wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:58 am

Actually now you mention it I can see it. There is something rather disarming about a Sea Devil's face, which is unfortunate seeing as it would probably zap me with it's little heat gun while I'm distracted.
Idk, though, I think if you turned the setting down a little those things would be good for teep tissue massages, maybe they just want to help us feel rested and relaxed but never realised that our skin isn't as tough so their massage heat lamps are too strong for us?
I like that idea, allow me to take it a step too far.

'Doctor Who and the Deep Tissue Massage' a six part adventure starring Colin Baker. The Doctor and Peri arrive in Blackpool for a much needed holiday, while there they discover the Sea Devils have set up a massage parlour. Assuming the worst The Doctor & Peri sample what the Sea Devils have to offer and after 4 episodes of hot sweaty massage action they are satisfied. When they receive the rather large bill The Doctor decides they threaten all of creation and destroys the parlour, making sure to keep one of the massage guns for future use.
The End.
;)
I WOULD ABSOLUTELY WATCH THIS!

The Doctor, Peri and those massaging Sea Devil bois.
I don't have a signature. Sad reacts only.

BilliePiperFan

Post by BilliePiperFan » Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:50 pm

Danoftardis wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:01 pm
So I had a moment of creative inspiration thanks to Deborah's comments, I booted up my naff 90's image editing software and made an image.

May I present (a rather rushed and badly made) 1930's Gangsta Baker.
He's going to destroy your small business and steal your stock, all in the name of saving the Earth.

Bonus points if you can name the actual criminal in the image I used.
See the Sixth Doctor and Peri in their latest adventure... "Gangsta's Paradise"
I don't have a signature. Sad reacts only.

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis » Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:51 pm

Deborah J wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:29 pm
Very impressive. Alcapone wore a hat like that, is that who the picture was?
Thank you very much. Close, but no cigar. I'll give everyone a clue: he's one half of a criminal pairing.

Avon

Post by Avon » Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:53 pm

Love your monsters and daleks! Especially that Axon. And Gangster Baker :lol: I look forward to the 41 Doctors :lol:

I recently got the gell guard, after years of hunting, likewise three doctors might well be a top five favorite episode, love how accurate he is with all the 70's grotesqueness, it astounds me to this day such good figures were made of these designs

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis » Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:58 pm

BilliePiperFan wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:49 pm
Danoftardis wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:04 am
Deborah J wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:17 am

Idk, though, I think if you turned the setting down a little those things would be good for teep tissue massages, maybe they just want to help us feel rested and relaxed but never realised that our skin isn't as tough so their massage heat lamps are too strong for us?
I like that idea, allow me to take it a step too far.

'Doctor Who and the Deep Tissue Massage' a six part adventure starring Colin Baker. The Doctor and Peri arrive in Blackpool for a much needed holiday, while there they discover the Sea Devils have set up a massage parlour. Assuming the worst The Doctor & Peri sample what the Sea Devils have to offer and after 4 episodes of hot sweaty massage action they are satisfied. When they receive the rather large bill The Doctor decides they threaten all of creation and destroys the parlour, making sure to keep one of the massage guns for future use.
The End.
;)
I WOULD ABSOLUTELY WATCH THIS!

The Doctor, Peri and those massaging Sea Devil bois.
Coming to a telebox near you in 1985.

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis » Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:59 pm

Avon wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:53 pm
Love your monsters and daleks! Especially that Axon. And Gangster Baker :lol: I look forward to the 41 Doctors :lol:

I recently got the gell guard, after years of hunting, likewise three doctors might well be a top five favorite episode, love how accurate he is with all the 70's grotesqueness, it astounds me to this day such good figures were made of these designs
Cheers Avon. Yeah it's a great figure, from a great set actually, the Brig and Jo are really nice too.

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:47 am

Today is Doctor day, but first let's address the elephant in the room. The criminal in question was Clyde Barrow of 'Bonnie and Clyde' fame. Surely someone here must've heard of them, or am I the only history nerd? I'm going to award 5 points and a custard cream to Debs for her sporting guess.

Anyway moving on, you may be aware that a certain someone ;) has beaten me in the 'show your doctor' race, I am naturally going to pretend this didn't happen.

So here's the group shot, think Day of the Doctor ending, but with less special effects. The more observant among you will notice that two people are missing, that's because I don't have them. Yet.

This first post is going to focus on Doctors 1-5, up first is a closer group shot of them.

Here's 1-3. Time Warrior Pertwee in engaging in some Venusian aikido, don't tell Green Death Pertwee.

More Pertwee and 70's Tom. Seeds of Doom Tom looks totally spaced out, I think he's smoked something. Fun fact, S12 Tom is my favourite costume of his, I think it just looks great on him.

Finally here's Brooding Tom and the Davisons. Another fun fact, celery-gate five was my first classic figure, I was very excited to get him.

And that's the end of part one. Part two will materialise sometime later today. Until then au revoir.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:22 am

I was actually going to guess Clyde, after your duo clue, but apparently I didn't actually post that.

Got some nice doctors there, though no 8 or war, that must be distressing.

My friend has a really gorgeous s12 tom costume, he had the jacket custom made, and knitted the scarf himself, he does like crazy accurate tom scarves, really good colour matching and accurate to specific stories, because it ws constantly subtly changing. I'm supposed to be getting a scarf in exchange for doing all his graphic design work, he sometimes sells them, they're definitely a lot better than the commercially available ones, so that'll be nice if I ever get it. I'm going off tooic now, sorry.