Danoftardis's collection

Deborah J

Re: Danoftardis's collection

Post by Deborah J » Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:39 pm

Danoftardis wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:36 am
Deborah J wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:27 am
I mean they're not compulsory viewing, some of them haven't aged well, and the last few were dreadful, but there's some good stuff in there, particularly the 60s ones that are in colour, worth trying some time, maybe. Kenneth Williams is bae for life.
I've seen the original St. Trinian's films from the 50's/60's, and found them suitably enjoyable. I don't know if that gives any indication of if I'd like/dislike the carry on films though. I can't think of anything else similar that I've seen.
There are a lot of doctor who connections, bernard cribbens is in a few of them, peter butterworth ak the meddling monk is in most of them, as is bernard breslaw the OG ice warrior. Jon pertwee is in 3 of them, william hartnell is in one, joan simms who was in trial of a timelord is in just about all of them, quite a few other more minor folk appear in both. The later films are a little too smutty, the early ones aren't quite smutty enough, but as a series its quite fun. Ive seen all but two of them, my mum had tbem on a lot when I was little, so I grew up with them.

BilliePiperFan

Post by BilliePiperFan » Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:17 pm

Deborah J wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:39 pm
Danoftardis wrote:
Deborah J wrote:
I mean they're not compulsory viewing, some of them haven't aged well, and the last few were dreadful, but there's some good stuff in there, particularly the 60s ones that are in colour, worth trying some time, maybe. Kenneth Williams is bae for life.
I've seen the original St. Trinian's films from the 50's/60's, and found them suitably enjoyable. I don't know if that gives any indication of if I'd like/dislike the carry on films though. I can't think of anything else similar that I've seen.
There are a lot of doctor who connections, bernard cribbens is in a few of them, peter butterworth ak the meddling monk is in most of them, as is bernard breslaw the OG ice warrior. Jon pertwee is in 3 of them, william hartnell is in one, joan simms who was in trial of a timelord is in just about all of them, quite a few other more minor folk appear in both. The later films are a little too smutty, the early ones aren't quite smutty enough, but as a series its quite fun. Ive seen all but two of them, my mum had tbem on a lot when I was little, so I grew up with them.
Barbara Windsor was in a lot of the carry on films too, best known for Peggy on Eastenders. Sadly she has Alzheimers now.
I don't have a signature. Sad reacts only.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:20 pm

BilliePiperFan wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:17 pm
Deborah J wrote:
Danoftardis wrote:

Barbara Windsor was in a lot of the carry on films too, best known for Peggy on Eastenders. Sadly she has Alzheimers now.
Yes, she is really fabulous in them. Spends a lot of time with her clothes off, but generally preserves some semblance of modesty through them.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:19 pm

Deborah J wrote:
Danoftardis wrote:
Deborah J wrote:
Which one was Hartnell in? I know I knew it at some point,but my memory’s awful....
Al Dewar, if you are reading this, please give me a job/ all variants of all figures you have ever produced (delete as applicable).

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:29 pm

DalekCheese wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:19 pm
Deborah J wrote:
Danoftardis wrote:

Which one was Hartnell in? I know I knew it at some point,but my memory’s awful....
Carry on Sergeant, the very first one.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:29 pm

Deborah J wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:29 pm
DalekCheese wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:19 pm
Deborah J wrote:

Carry on Sergeant, the very first one.
Oh God! That’s it! Huh. Well, there you go.
Al Dewar, if you are reading this, please give me a job/ all variants of all figures you have ever produced (delete as applicable).

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis » Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:34 pm

I'd probably like the ones with Pertwee in, anything with Pertwee is good. :lol: And Bernard Cribbins, because who doesn't like him?

Slightly more on topic I'm going to post my extra stuff tomorrow, so mark the date in your diary for the most missable event of the year. You'll be sure to not want to tell your grand kids about it.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:22 pm

Danoftardis wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:34 pm
I'd probably like the ones with Pertwee in, anything with Pertwee is good. :lol: And Bernard Cribbins, because who doesn't like him?

Slightly more on topic I'm going to post my extra stuff tomorrow, so mark the date in your diary for the most missable event of the year. You'll be sure to not want to tell your grand kids about it.
Cleo is the one I'd recommend the most, they got all the sets and costumes second hand from that richard burton cleopatra film so it looks ridiculously expensive compared to the rest, and pertwee is in that one. He never has big parts in any of them, but makes his presence felt.

I'm super excited to see your things and stuff, I'm going to set my alarm early in the morning, get myself all ready for them, bring in a sack of popcorn, going to go all out to look at those pictures. I'm going to name my eldest child "Danoftardis' mystery stuff" in memory of the event.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:18 pm

Deborah J wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:22 pm
Danoftardis wrote:

Cleo is the one I'd recommend the most, they got all the sets and costumes second hand from that richard burton cleopatra film so it looks ridiculously expensive compared to the rest, and pertwee is in that one. He never has big parts in any of them, but makes his presence felt.

I'm super excited to see your things and stuff, I'm going to set my alarm early in the morning, get myself all ready for them, bring in a sack of popcorn, going to go all out to look at those pictures. I'm going to name my eldest child "Danoftardis' mystery stuff" in memory of the event.
Cleo’s good. But I would argue for Khyber.

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:14 pm

Deborah J wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:22 pm
Danoftardis wrote:

I'll check it out for sure, thanks for recommendation.

I don't know if I should admire that level of hypothetical dedication, or find it creepy.