Deborah's Collection of Miniature Plastic Friends

Danoftardis

Re: Deborah's Collection of Miniature Plastic Friends

Post by Danoftardis » Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:34 am

So now I've finished posting my collection I feel it's only right I pull out a comfy chair, a mahoosive bucket of popcorn, and stake out this thread for further developments. Naturally I've also brought some bins along to hide in, and a birth certificate filled out ready with the first name of 'Deborah J's Cyberbois'.

Congratulations, you now have a squatter, and I know my rights.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:07 am

Danoftardis wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:34 am
So now I've finished posting my collection I feel it's only right I pull out a comfy chair, a mahoosive bucket of popcorn, and stake out this thread for further developments. Naturally I've also brought some bins along to hide in, and a birth certificate filled out ready with the first name of 'Deborah J's Cyberbois'.

Oh yeah, now I'm back from my jollies I should get back onto this.

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis » Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:28 pm

Deborah J wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:07 am
Danoftardis wrote:

:o That sounds to me like you forgot all about your social responsibility to us and your plastic friends, just because of living it up on your holiday.

Shocking. :lol:

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:06 pm

Danoftardis wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:28 pm
Deborah J wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:07 am
Danoftardis wrote:

:o That sounds to me like you forgot all about your social responsibility to us and your plastic friends, just because of living it up on your holiday.

Shocking. :lol:
I did do that, yes. I've been back 3 days now, though, there's not much excuse. I'll go take some snaps now.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:03 pm

Hey, Mama, welcome to the 80s

oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-ho-ho-ho

So, we meet again... Doctor.

Oh my dear Doctor you have been Naive!

I'm not here as your prisoner Davros... But your executioner.

My Colin and Sylvester material is a little thin for multiple pictures so here is the (sadly) fully clothed Colin portion of the tour

And here's McCoy.
This is my one area of shame (for now at least, I can't seem to find B&M snowmen matt's left hand), you might notice Ace only has two cans of Nitro 9. Back in my uni days, Remembrance Ace took up diving, and practiced by diving off my shelf, taking her cans with her. Two stayed on the shelf, one did not. I searched that room so much, I lived there for a few years afterwards, but the can never showed up. Very annoying.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:06 pm

Cyberbois break!

Beautiful. Gorgeous. I love these cyberbois, they are very dear to my heart. xx

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:09 pm

And we can't have a Cyberbois break without offering the same courtesy to our Dalek friends. I have 14 Daleks, compared to my 9 Cyberbois. Big army of daleks. Some might say too big, but there are still ones I'd like to have but don't.

And, because I don't have enough 60s stuff to warrant a 60s picture with them, here is some extra focus on those 60s daleks.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:12 pm

One more for now, new series coming soon, here is all the stuff I didn't know what to do with for these pictures. All the stupid custom stuff my friend made and sent to me, plus the one davison that I didn't have a scenario for.

Left to right: Mongmatt, Dalekbuster, Peter Davison, Battle Damaged Tuxedo 11, Yandroid, Aldi own-brand Brigadier, unit soldier with beard.

Don't look at mongmatt too long, his long long long arms will haunt your dreams.

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis » Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:29 pm

Ah the 80's, music gets good, Doctor Who gets... interesting. (Don't tell anyone, but I secretly really like 80's Who.) Some more lovely friends you've got here, your Cyberbois are indeed gorgeous, you should be very proud of them. Excellent. Sil is looking like a king in the Baker pic, he just seems full of attitude.

I confess to an element of jealousy over your 'Resurrection' set, I've always liked the look of the Davros and Supreme of that set. You've also rekindled my desire to own some 60's Daleks, of which I have none. Still I shouldn't complain as I have the 'Remembrance' set.

The last picture is causing me some distress I must admit, can you please explain 'Mongmatt'. :?

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J » Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:07 pm

Danoftardis wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:29 pm
Ah the 80's, music gets good, Doctor Who gets... interesting. (Don't tell anyone, but I secretly really like 80's Who.) Some more lovely friends you've got here, your Cyberbois are indeed gorgeous, you should be very proud of them. Excellent. Sil is looking like a king in the Baker pic, he just seems full of attitude.
I really like 80s doctor who too, I've been watching it again recently and it holds up really well. I find the 80s in general kind of a fascinating period, the whole decade was finished before I was born, but it's close enough to my lifetime to have some resemblance to things I remember, it's familiar but not quite, and that always really catches my interest, with the music, the movies, the television, the fashion, the design, all of it
Danoftardis wrote:
I confess to an element of jealousy over your 'Resurrection' set, I've always liked the look of the Davros and Supreme of that set. You've also rekindled my desire to own some 60's Daleks, of which I have none. Still I shouldn't complain as I have the 'Remembrance' set.
Yeah, the Resurrection set is really nice, I've had it a while. I think the Molloy Davros has the best paint apps, it makes a lot better use of the sculpt than the wisher one does, with the darker wash in the creases. My Resurrection Davison has a bit of bad paintwork on his jumper, which is a shame, because he's an otherwise great figure, and the daleks are lovely, the bluey-grey one is the only grey-type dalek I have, and the black one looks fabulous. The blue one had a bent eye when I got him, but I swapped it over with the supreme, since it made more sense for a "standard" dalek to have the better eye. Idk, seems like silly reasoning now.
Danoftardis wrote:
The last picture is causing me some distress I must admit, can you please explain 'Mongmatt'. :?
Ok, lengthy backstory time, so for christmas about 5 or 6 years ago, my friend had decided to stop collecting the doctor who figures and sell off most of his collection to raise a bit of funds for his time in uni. I asked if I could have some of the low-worth figures he had, if he wasn't wanting them anymore, and he said sure and I gave him a list of some of the stuff I didn't have that he did, and he sent me it in a big parcel for christmas. But among all the doctor who figures I did want were a bunch of other things, a few dvds, a few other fun things that I wasn't expecting, and then some weird things, one character building minifig, some timesquad stuff, a load of his bad custom figures he'd made, a load of just stupid figures like toby zed unposessed, and this weird doctor who flesh goo pod. It came in a tardis shaped box, and it was just full of white goo with deformed matt smith limbs in it. This was an actual doctor who product. I don't know why. But among the stupid and bad figures he'd included a tenth Doctor, minus his head and hands. I think his intention had been to make a "regenerating" figure but he never got round to it so just dumped it on me. The goo pod thing could have any combination of head, arms or legs, but as chance would have it I got two arms - one left one right - and a head. So I thought it would be funny to put the mangled melting matt head on 10s body, then I came on the even funier notion of attaching the arms to 10s wrists, so he just had massively long arms. I had a notion to glue them in permanantly, maybe paint him a fun colour scheme, but that never happened, all this time later he's still held together with blutac. But that's his origin story. We called him Mongmatt, which looking back is kind of offensive but we're stuck with that now. But I do love mongmatt, he has a special place in my heart, he couldn't have been left out of my collection photos.