Twice Upon A Time - Christmas Special 2017 (SPOILERS)

Anything About Doctor Who *Caution Spoilers*

Moderator: Doctor What

Galactic yo yo

Re: Twice Upon A Time - Christmas Special 2017 (SPOILERS)

Postby Galactic yo yo » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:12 pm

here is what I think, or at least I hope, the plot for this episodes will be.
It'll open with a scene from tenth planet, the "love pride hate fear" the screen will go to colour and hartnell changes to Bradley.
Opening titles.We have the scene from the trailer with Polly holding the doctor's regenerating hand, cut between shots of the doctor wondering through the snow not happy about becoming a new man for the first time, when he hears Capaldi's "NNNNNOOOO", we get the scene from the Doctor Falls.The first Doctor has decided he doesn't want to regenerate so 12 has to convince him to change his mind which is quite hypocritical of him as he too is dying. their Tardis' bring them to world war 1 where time appear to be frozen except for a British and German soldier (gatiss and Whithouse) who will start off as foes but grow a friendship throughout the story, as it is revealed when time returns to normal it is the famous Christmas during the war where there was a cease fire and the soldier played football. Bill and I assume Heather's role in the story is to convince the Doctors to accept regeneration. they do this by showing them all the great things they are to do in the future, sort of like when Heather was trying to convince Bill to come with her in the pilot, with a montage of clips of all the doctors and all the companions. Bill takes the first Doctor back to the artic to pick up ben and Polly, revealing she was the one making the controls move by themselves, Bradley falls to the floor, the colour fades and the screen zooms out as they show the tenth planet regeneration from hartnell to troughton. the regeneration is being played on the scanner of capaldi's tardis. His hand start to glow. He falls to the floor and says " Change my Dear, and not a moment to soon. Like in the meet the 13th doctor trailer, we don't see the doctors face at first, standing up looking into a mirror the doctor states, "well that's new". cuts to shot of Jodie Whittaker giving a confused smile. In the following episode it's revealed the sex change was caused by the doctor holding back his regeneration had the side affect of destroying the doctors chromosomes, so when they were rebuilt it accidently created an extra one, am I right in thinking men are XY and women are XX?
And Credits. we may not get a trailer for series 11 since filming wont begin till November, but I suppose that gives them a few weeks to compile some footage to make a short teaser.

Cast List:
The Doctor: Peter Capaldi
The First Doctor: William Hartnell/David Bradley
Bill Potts: Pearl Mackie
Heather:Stephanie Hyam
Polly: Ananke Wills/Lily Travers
British Soldier: Mark Gatiss
Ben: Michael Craze/Jared Garfield
German Soldier: Toby Whithouse
Clara: Jenna Coleman (apparently :x )
and Introducing
Jodie Whitaker as the 13th Doctor
"it's seems that I am some kind of a galactic yo yo" - Jon Pertwee, The Claws of Axos

Galactic yo yo

Postby Galactic yo yo » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:52 pm

Got bored so made this.
twice upon.png
twice upon.png (176.72 KiB) Viewed 297 times
"it's seems that I am some kind of a galactic yo yo" - Jon Pertwee, The Claws of Axos

Doctor What

Postby Doctor What » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:26 pm

All these rumours of Matt Smith appearing seem to be growing...here's the most likely thing to happen I think (possible spoilers if i'm right):

They might be revisiting Day of the Doctor, saving Gallifrey. In this case, 11 could appear through a re-use of footage from Day of the Doctor. At most, I'd guess it would probably be a little scene of him talking to the 12th (and possibly even 1st) Doctors, telling them to come and save Gallifrey. Maybe it would even just be audio only.

Vortexsurfer

Postby Vortexsurfer » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:45 pm

Has anyone seen these?

http://m.doctorwhonews.net/2017/12/twic ... eased.html

The set behind Bradley makes me wonder...

skifflebits

Postby skifflebits » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:53 pm

Vortexsurfer wrote:Has anyone seen these?

http://m.doctorwhonews.net/2017/12/twic ... eased.html

The set behind Bradley makes me wonder...

Yeah, I thought that was odd, too. I wonder why they went with the Curator's backdrop rather than with the old roundels, especially since they should have had them from AAISAT.

There's either an in-story reason, or the roundel walls were junked after the movie and they used these for either budget or schedule reasons.

Doctor What

Postby Doctor What » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:09 pm

There's a 360 view which shows that the old roundels are still there, it's just that these new ones have been added in two places: 1: Where the cameras pointed in on the original set (now making this a 360 degree set) and opposite that, replacing the old photo blow up walls.

SarahJaneFan

Postby SarahJaneFan » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:08 pm

So apparently Nikki Amuka-Bird is in this as the voice of the villain according to the US DVD preorder description.
Member since July 2013

Return to “Doctor Who Chat”