Series 11 Discussion Thread (SPOILERS)

Anything About Doctor Who *Caution Spoilers*

Moderator: Doctor What

Galactic yo yo

Re: Series 11 Discussion Thread

Postby Galactic yo yo » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:05 pm

I'm going to take this current rumour of rose coming back as false. There is no reason for her to come back not to mention the tardis is busy enough. The idea of Rose returning would really annoy me because it would show me that the show has given up is stuck in the past and people will never let go of the Russell era, despite of how poorly it has aged. This rumour is almost certainly BS so hopefully that won't happen.
"it's seems that I am some kind of a galactic yo yo" - Jon Pertwee, The Claws of Axos

Galactic yo yo

Postby Galactic yo yo » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:33 pm

Galactic yo yo wrote:I'm going to take this current rumour of rose coming back as false. There is no reason for her to come back not to mention the tardis is busy enough. The idea of Rose returning would really annoy me because it would show me that the show has given up is stuck in the past and people will never let go of the Russell era, despite of how poorly it has aged. This rumour is almost certainly BS so hopefully that won't happen.

Never mind she's thankfully to busy doing a stage show in New York.
"it's seems that I am some kind of a galactic yo yo" - Jon Pertwee, The Claws of Axos

Galactic yo yo

Postby Galactic yo yo » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:59 pm

Footage of Jodie, companions and tardis available, if anyone interested. The tardis looks a lot better in action and seeing it from different sides.

idontremembermylogin

Postby idontremembermylogin » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:48 am

So it looks like she's gonna have a bum bag - Or a fanny pack as Americans call it - for part of the series at least.

20180214_104616.jpg
20180214_104616.jpg (158.06 KiB) Viewed 1314 times
20180214_104715.jpg
20180214_104715.jpg (227.38 KiB) Viewed 1314 times

Maybe Chibnall's making a dig at women's pockets being smaller than men's.
Yes you're right, they don't even sell Doctor Who figures in Dubai.

The Empty Child

Postby The Empty Child » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:58 am

idontremembermylogin wrote:So it looks like she's gonna have a bum bag - Or a fanny pack as Americans call it - for part of the series at least.

20180214_104616.jpg20180214_104715.jpg

Maybe Chibnall's making a dig at women's pockets being smaller than men's.

About time the issue was brought to light, women's pockets are ridiculous.

Galactic yo yo

Postby Galactic yo yo » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:21 pm

bum bag.png
bum bag.png (98.04 KiB) Viewed 1292 times

looks like Chibnall's already decided on what Jodie is going to drop dramatically onto the floor when she regenerates, like Smith's bow tie and Capaldi's ring.

speckleness

Postby speckleness » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:36 pm

Perhaps it's bigger on the inside. She'll be doing a Mary Poppins and pulling all sorts out of it.

With all these 80's throwbacks, what's the betting she'll be seen in a Sinclair C5?

idontremembermylogin

Postby idontremembermylogin » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:33 pm

Sad to see it confirmed - Murray Gold has officially stepped down from Doctor Who. I know it's been speculated but Murray confirmed it at the Gallifrey One convention. If you search "murray gold" on Twitter you can see a few farewell and fan tweets if you don't believe me.
Yes you're right, they don't even sell Doctor Who figures in Dubai.

Whovastron

Postby Whovastron » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:41 pm

idontremembermylogin wrote:Sad to see it confirmed - Murray Gold has officially stepped down from Doctor Who. I know it's been speculated but Murray confirmed it at the Gallifrey One convention. If you search "murray gold" on Twitter you can see a few farewell and fan tweets if you don't believe me.

As much as I love his music, the guy has devoted 90% of the last 12 years of his career to the show, he deserves to love on. And I think his more recent tunes are no where near as memorable as his work in series 1-6.

Also that bum bag thing is great, I really hope there is a joke about pockets. Usually this type of thing would annoy me, but my girlfriends always complaining that I have too many pockets and se doesn’t get any, so I understand the struggle!

TW.
Been on here 7 years...blimey

ANewWatchBegins

Postby ANewWatchBegins » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:44 am

Galactic yo yo wrote:
Galactic yo yo wrote:I'm going to take this current rumour of rose coming back as false. There is no reason for her to come back not to mention the tardis is busy enough. The idea of Rose returning would really annoy me because it would show me that the show has given up is stuck in the past and people will never let go of the Russell era, despite of how poorly it has aged. This rumour is almost certainly BS so hopefully that won't happen.

Never mind she's thankfully to busy doing a stage show in New York.

Have you seen that stage show? One of the most raw and intense performances I've ever seen on the stage. Damn right she's too busy. The only reason that rumour started was over zealous fans, there was never anything to suggest she was actually coming back.

Return to “Doctor Who Chat”