Big Finish Audios

Anything About Doctor Who *Caution Spoilers*

Moderator: Doctor What

The Outcast

Re: Big Finish Audios

Postby The Outcast » Thu May 03, 2018 9:11 am

I'm excited to see what they do with the Masters here. I mean, more multi* Master stuff, but with more Masters, that sounds amazing. I absolutely loved the Two Masters (and the rest of the trilogy) so hopefully this can do a good job too. I'm really interested to see what they do with the 'Bruce' Master as well as what they do with Missy.

I'll probably end up getting this because of all the stuff with the Master, though I'm also going to be interested to see how River is here, because while I don't like her much in the TV series, I've heard the audios do make her better. So maybe I'll enjoy River more here?

*If, indeed this is a multi Master story. I reckon it'll just be River encountering the Masters though, but it would be nice to see them all the Masters come together.

P.S. I wonder if the 'First' Master and the 'Bald' Master will be in this set. It think it'd be cool to have Big Finish's own Masters in here too. But I think it'll just be the four.

Doctor What

Postby Doctor What » Thu May 03, 2018 9:40 am

The return of Eric Roberts!? I think i'm going to have to get this now, so surprised they got him back!

Galactic yo yo

Postby Galactic yo yo » Thu May 03, 2018 3:07 pm

No Gordon Tipple :cry:
"it's seems that I am some kind of a galactic yo yo" - Jon Pertwee, The Claws of Axos

Doctor What

Postby Doctor What » Fri May 04, 2018 4:40 pm

Some more cover reveals from Big Finish today, really liking the trailer for the 80s Cybermen story, might have to get that one since I really like them.

Additionally, there will also be a limited vinyl release of the Fourth Doctor story Energy of the Daleks, released in participating Sainsburys stores on the 25th of May, in the limited quantity of 1500.

bf-hour.jpg
bf-hour.jpg (145.76 KiB) Viewed 300 times

Also some River Song covers, including the "four masters" set :D

river-4.jpg
river-4.jpg (137.32 KiB) Viewed 300 times

river-5.jpg
river-5.jpg (126.83 KiB) Viewed 300 times

For those wondering, the War Master seems to be wearing a different costume from the one on the cover of his solo boxset/Gallifrey. It's also the one he's wearing on the cover of UNIT: Cyber-Reality, and there's a better image in the new DWM, which i've scanned, incase any customisers are interested.

unit-6.jpg
unit-6.jpg (142.41 KiB) Viewed 300 times

Galactic yo yo

Postby Galactic yo yo » Fri May 04, 2018 5:22 pm

The Sooner the river song box sets are on offer, the better
"it's seems that I am some kind of a galactic yo yo" - Jon Pertwee, The Claws of Axos

EmeraldThorn

Postby EmeraldThorn » Fri May 04, 2018 5:41 pm

Wow that coat is way more detailed and complicated than it initially appeared to be. Kind of makes me think of Templar coats from the Assassin's Creed games especially from like 3 and Unity etc;

SarahJaneFan

Postby SarahJaneFan » Sat May 05, 2018 8:24 am

June seems a little light on releases. I wonder if there’s something being announced last minute.
Member since July 2013

Valeyard

Postby Valeyard » Sun May 06, 2018 7:03 pm

Four Masters looks great and all, but why no Alex Macqueen? That’d get me incredibly excited since I really like his portrayal of the character.

~Valeyard

Doctor909

Postby Doctor909 » Sun May 06, 2018 8:54 pm

SarahJaneFan wrote:June seems a little light on releases. I wonder if there’s something being announced last minute.

maybe, it could be a number of things like a new 10th Dr box set or Class or maybe even something new. Or maybe they released everything in April by accident :lol:
Currently writing for "Project Whovian" and the all new unofficial SJA Spin-off "Subwave". If you're looking for a writer, please DM as I'm happy to help!

Koth

Postby Koth » Tue May 15, 2018 12:37 pm

I wondered if they weren't allowed to use Alex McQueen any more as he's not 'official.' He would have made a great addition to the set though!

Return to “Doctor Who Chat”