Big Finish Audios

Anything About Doctor Who *Caution Spoilers*

Moderator: Doctor What

SarahJaneFan

Re: Big Finish Audios

Postby SarahJaneFan » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:59 pm

Galactic yo yo wrote:Carole Ann Ford is going to be in the 1st Doctor adventures Vol 3 as "The Woman", I bet she's playing old Susan.

Who knows, we might even see her Regenerate into Claire Bloom soon, especially the way the Gallifrey series is going.
Member since July 2013

SarahJaneFan

Postby SarahJaneFan » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:51 pm

Well a Missy Boxset is happening (Separate from the River Song Set).

Basically on one of those voice actor profile websites, an actor has a credit for something made by Big Finish for this year Called “Missy: Divirced, Beheadef, Regenerated”, which I assume is one in a set of 4 stories.
Member since July 2013

Doctor What

Postby Doctor What » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:10 am

The War Master is getting another 3 sets! Really happy about this, I enjoyed the first one, although because the first one ends where utopia begins, these must be set before that.

Galactic yo yo

Postby Galactic yo yo » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:50 pm

Something I would love to see big finish do, is adapt some of the unmade Sarah Jane Adventures' stories in the style of the Companion or new Doctor Chronicles. With a Narrator, possibly Anjli Mohindra or Sadie Miller, filling in for Liz sladen with other cast members reprising their roles. some of the stories I would most like them to make would be the sones with Ace, the 4th Doctor and Meet Mr Smith. Midnight would also be a good choice as it focuses on Clyde and Rank so Sarah doesn't need to be in it, could be a good weeping Angel story. Sarah Jane vs The Doctor, though with another Doctor other than Smith, most likely Colin Baker since he's usually the Doctor who appears in spin off material.
MIRACLE.png
MIRACLE.png (197.89 KiB) Viewed 1285 times
"it's seems that I am some kind of a galactic yo yo" - Jon Pertwee, The Claws of Axos

SarahJaneFan

Postby SarahJaneFan » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:07 pm

299BA616-B1FD-4722-82DE-ECACFAA135FD.jpeg
299BA616-B1FD-4722-82DE-ECACFAA135FD.jpeg (172.59 KiB) Viewed 1194 times

So these Seventh Doctor: The New Adventures, Are happening with Chris and Roz in November.

Also there’s gonna be two Fourth Doctor comics adapted in March, which will be The Iron Legion and The Dtar Beast

Aaaaaaaaaand Catherine Tate mentioned at a convention that she’d be doing more recording for BF in September.
Member since July 2013

Doctor What

Postby Doctor What » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:11 pm

So these Seventh Doctor stories are new ones but with Chris and Roz right? Was kind of hoping for some more novel adaptations, but this is cool too. Also, if they're doing comics, maybe they'll do some 6th Doctor and Frobisher adventures?

SarahJaneFan

Postby SarahJaneFan » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:13 am

120769C4-C5BD-49C0-956D-A99166C8B5C5.jpeg
120769C4-C5BD-49C0-956D-A99166C8B5C5.jpeg (139.22 KiB) Viewed 1145 times

So this is happening. July 2019, £45, 6 hours long

They’re just being cruel by having DI Menzies in it but having Six travelling with Charley at the time.
Member since July 2013

Galactic yo yo

Postby Galactic yo yo » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:11 pm

Finally got to listen to the companion chronicles I had bought a few months back and am kicking myself for not buying more while they were on offer.
Home Truths- great little ghost story, Sara Kingdom is such an underrated companion.
Mastermind - Geoffrey Beavers' master is always enjoyable but I hated the ending. But on the plus side, I can use it as an example of why the Master isn't a sympathetic or redeemable character.
The Mahogany Murders- Really makes me want to listen to their spin off.
Peri and the piscon paradox- Quite possibly one of the best Doctor Who stories I've ever heard, it's both hilarious and deeply depressing.
"it's seems that I am some kind of a galactic yo yo" - Jon Pertwee, The Claws of Axos

SarahJaneFan

Postby SarahJaneFan » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:56 pm

Galactic yo yo wrote:Finally got to listen to the companion chronicles I had bought a few months back and am kicking myself for not buying more while they were on offer.
Home Truths- great little ghost story, Sara Kingdom is such an underrated companion.
Mastermind - Geoffrey Beavers' master is always enjoyable but I hated the ending. But on the plus side, I can use it as an example of why the Master isn't a sympathetic or redeemable character.
Peri and the piscon paradox- Quite possibly one of the best Doctor Who stories I've ever heard, it's both hilarious and deeply depressing.

You NEED to get the rest of the Sara Kingdom Trilogy

I cannot recommend it enough.
Member since July 2013

Galactic yo yo

Postby Galactic yo yo » Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:03 pm

SarahJaneFan wrote:
Galactic yo yo wrote:Finally got to listen to the companion chronicles I had bought a few months back and am kicking myself for not buying more while they were on offer.

You NEED to get the rest of the Sara Kingdom Trilogy

I cannot recommend it enough.

I know that's why I'm annoyed i didn't buy more while they were on offer.

Return to “Doctor Who Chat”