Series 11 Discussion Thread (SPOILERS)

Anything About Doctor Who *Caution Spoilers*

Moderator: Doctor What

Whovastron

Re: Series 11 Discussion Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby Whovastron » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:55 pm

idontremembermylogin wrote:Some pictures of the new TARDIS are floating around on Twitter- haven't seen them myself but I read a caption by accident - just a warning for those of you who want to avoid spoilers.

Interior or exterior?

EDIT: oh my god that looks horrific, such a downgrade. Back to the organic nonsense

TW.
Last edited by Whovastron on Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Been on here 7 years...blimey

Deborah J

Postby Deborah J » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:57 pm

I've seen it. My friend was like "hey do you want to see it" and I was like "let me think about it" but they just sent it anyway. I won't say too much about it here, but I certainly don't hate it.

Whovastron

Postby Whovastron » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:01 pm

The console looks like sink pipes. I hope they have removed the actual console cover for some reason in this photo. The centra column looks appalling

TW.

Doctor What

Postby Doctor What » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:04 pm

Whovastron wrote:The console looks like sink pipes. I hope they have removed the actual console cover for some reason in this photo. The centra column looks appalling

TW.

Honestly you can't really judge it off such a bad photo (the lights are off so you can barely see any details), i'm reserving judgement until we see it in the show

Ben C.

Postby Ben C. » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:59 pm

Given the quality of the photo and the lighting, I would believe it if someone said it was a lost picture from an early 80's Doctor Who set. Not a TARDIS console room per se, but like, some alien control room... it's very Doctor Who, IMO. I'm sure with proper lighting it will look killer.

Deborah J

Postby Deborah J » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:26 pm

I think it's ok, it's let down by lighting a bit, if you shoot a set right I think you can make anything look good, with a flat no-makeup sort of photo like that it does look a bit like a set from a 1990s gameshow, the floor in particular, but I reckon with the lights on, the nice cameras in, a charismatic Actress moving around inside it (and we know they have one of those) it'll look great. The rotor shape is my least favourite thing, but I kind of like how it doesn't go all the way up, if it moves up and down then it'll be kind of reminiscent of the old classic series tardises, which I like. And the walls have something of the classic series look to me. Like that one Jon Pertwee tardis, was it from the mutants? the time monster? the one with the salad bowl round things, it reminds me of that, I quite like that aspect. And the pillars are a little like the girders in the paul mcgann tardis. Just my thoughts.

Whovastron

Postby Whovastron » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:33 pm

I’m terms of the console, yeah you can’t make much out so I’ll reserve judgment, and personally I think the panels are missing here. However in this instance, the photo is good enough quality to judge the rest of the room. The walls look nice, as does the floor. But those crystal columns are just ugly, lightings not gonna change that for me. It will probably grow on me, I wasn’t a fan of smiths at first but really liked it by series 6. But it’s a huge downgrade from the last room in my opinion. I like the idea of the console room being a large room with multiple levels, like Capaldis, Smiths and McGann’s

TW.

Galactic yo yo

Postby Galactic yo yo » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:10 pm

Hopefully it'll look better in the show, it was a really bad photo to be fair.
Also it looks like Doctor Who might be on a Sunday now. Personally I hope this is true as I work Saturdays and for the past 3 years had to watch it on iPlayer the next day.
"it's seems that I am some kind of a galactic yo yo" - Jon Pertwee, The Claws of Axos

Return to “Doctor Who Chat”