Doctor Who Cosplay

Anything About Doctor Who *Caution Spoilers*

Moderator: Doctor What

Fourth Heir

Re: Doctor Who Cosplay

Postby Fourth Heir » Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:57 pm

I had a few ideas about what would constitute the lower half of the costume, but I walked into Top Shop, saw those trousers on a mannequin and all other plans just evaporated. The chap I bought that screwdriver from had a few different custom colour variants alongside the regular Tom Baker model so I thought it appropriate to indulge since it was for a new Doctor. :)

Deborah J

Postby Deborah J » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:18 pm

Well it all comes together wonderfully, the check pattern is reminiscent of a lot of past doctors, Troughton Mccoy and Capaldi in particular, but that pink check just sets the whole thing off in it's own direction. I'd be tempted to get myself a pair of those, but sadly I think the effect would be rather less good on my massive thick legs. Maybe if I lose a bit of weight...

I mean, that would be my only criticism, if anything you're just a smidge too fabulous, those more dowdy of us just can't quite keep up :lol:

Fourth Heir

Postby Fourth Heir » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:17 pm

I'm sure that, like all too many people, you're more gorgeous than you give yourself credit for. The trousers were a fairly recent acquisition - you might find them still available at your local branch. ;)

Deborah J

Postby Deborah J » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:53 pm

I'm definitely going to keep an eye out for them. Although if I did have a pair, wouldn't that mean I'm technically cosplaying as you anytime I wore them? Because that's pretty meta.

And charming though that sentiment is, you really wouldn't be saying that if you actually saw me, there's a very good reason I keep pictures of myself off here. Representing myself with a different, much nicer looking, Deborah is a real kindness to the forum from me.

EmpireOfTheDaleks

Postby EmpireOfTheDaleks » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:18 pm

I have dabbled into Doctor Who cosplay, but one of my ultimate goals is to cosplay my own version of the Doctor. But a problem is - how would anyone recognise me as the Doctor? Which is why I want to be able to portray the Doctor in some form of fanmade media which would be recognised.

My ideal Doctor would wear a bottle green velvet frock coat, with a grey cardigan, white shirt, the swirly tie from Tennant's era, black trousers held up with braces, black shoes and topped with a battered fedora hat.

Doctor What

Postby Doctor What » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:59 pm

If anyone was interested in Jodie's welding goggles, these seem pretty darn close:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Connex-COXT938 ... ng+goggles

Deborah J

Postby Deborah J » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:29 pm

Doctor What wrote:If anyone was interested in Jodie's welding goggles, these seem pretty darn close:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Connex-COXT938 ... ng+goggles

That's pretty cool, I did really like Jodie's goggles, they were pretty fun.

EmpireOfTheDaleks

Postby EmpireOfTheDaleks » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:38 pm

I've toyed with the idea of cosplaying Jodie's Doctor, even though I'm a guy :) Wouldn't hurt to try, right?

Deborah J

Postby Deborah J » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:57 pm

EmpireOfTheDaleks wrote:I've toyed with the idea of cosplaying Jodie's Doctor, even though I'm a guy :) Wouldn't hurt to try, right?

Absolutely! I say go for it!

Whovastron

Postby Whovastron » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:32 pm

EmpireOfTheDaleks wrote:I've toyed with the idea of cosplaying Jodie's Doctor, even though I'm a guy :) Wouldn't hurt to try, right?

I think the costume could easily suit a guy. Well, maybe not the length of the trousers? But to be honest I don’t think they look good on anyone :lol:
I do love her coat, the Doctor has such great taste in coats...except maybe 6...although the real time version is great...

TW.
Been on here 7 years...blimey

Return to “Doctor Who Chat”