CONFIRMED : Rose & The Tenth Doctor To Return With Big Finish

Anything About Doctor Who *Caution Spoilers*

Moderator: Doctor What

CaptainJimiPie

CONFIRMED : Rose & The Tenth Doctor To Return With Big Finish

Postby CaptainJimiPie » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:25 pm

Billie Piper was at MCM Comic Con this week and there is allegedly a rumour on Twitter than during a meet and greet a fan asked her if she would ever return to the show and her response was that she would be returning to the role of Rose in future alongside David Tennant in another series of Big Finish stories.

Now normally I would have said this is highly unlikely, but that was before we got The Tenth Doctor & Donna series!

I suspect David Tennant would definitely be up for doing it and if it's true that Billie has said it's going to happen then it wouldn't surprise me if it did turn out to be true!
Last edited by CaptainJimiPie on Mon May 15, 2017 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Valeyard

Re: UNCONFIRMED : Rose & The Tenth Doctor To Return With Big Finish

Postby Valeyard » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:02 pm

CaptainJimiPie wrote:THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS PURELY RUMOUR AND SPECULATION

Billie Piper was at MCM Comic Con this week and there is allegedly a rumour on Twitter than during a meet and greet a fan asked her if she would ever return to the show and her response was that she would be returning to the role of Rose in future alongside David Tennant in another series of Big Finish stories.

Now normally I would have said this is highly unlikely, but that was before we got The Tenth Doctor & Donna series!

I suspect David Tennant would definitely be up for doing it and if it's true that Billie has said it's going to happen then it wouldn't surprise me if it did turn out to be true!

Not a big fan of Rose, to be honest, but I do hope this happens for those who like her character and want to see her back, even if it's with audio. And as someone who is in love with Big Finish and their output, I'll probably pick a second series of Tenth Doctor Adventures up.

~Valeyard

Galactic yo yo

Postby Galactic yo yo » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:34 pm

Hoping this is false, I really don't want any more of rose, not even big finish can make her likeable
"it's seems that I am some kind of a galactic yo yo" - Jon Pertwee, The Claws of Axos

SarahJaneFan

Postby SarahJaneFan » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:25 pm

It's better than the rumour that River was going to be in the second series of Tenth Doctor Adventures. I don't see why Billie is returning for Tenth Doctor Adventures but hasn't for Ninth Doctor Chronicles to be fair. I'd actually much rather have Martha with Ten and then Billie with Chris if he were to ever come to Big Finish which is of course extremely unlikely.
Member since July 2013

Doctor What

Postby Doctor What » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:56 pm

I'd accept River or Rose with 10 on audio, as much as i have problems with both characters, it would be very nice to see.

Vortexsurfer

Postby Vortexsurfer » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:44 pm

Hmm... given the choice I would prefer a Tenth Doctor/River Song Series. It's more than implied in both Silence in the Library and Time of Angels that the Tenth Doctor had at least one more encounter with River before he regenerated. I don't know if it was just the way the writing went, but I always preferred Rose when paired with the Ninth Doctor. I know it's a long shot waiting for Eccleston to do a Big Finish, but for some reason that partnership seemed to work better.

CaptainJimiPie

Postby CaptainJimiPie » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:19 pm

Vortexsurfer wrote:Hmm... given the choice I would prefer a Tenth Doctor/River Song Series. It's more than implied in both Silence in the Library and Time of Angels that the Tenth Doctor had at least one more encounter with River before he regenerated. I don't know if it was just the way the writing went, but I always preferred Rose when paired with the Ninth Doctor. I know it's a long shot waiting for Eccleston to do a Big Finish, but for some reason that partnership seemed to work better.

It would be good to see them together although it's also possible that she had an adventure with him before the events of Silence In The Library, after all she's had adventures with the Sixth, Seventh & Eighth Doctors too!

Vortexsurfer

Postby Vortexsurfer » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:20 am

It would be good to see them together although it's also possible that she had an adventure with him before the events of Silence In The Library, after all she's had adventures with the Sixth, Seventh & Eighth Doctors too!

That's true. I'm thinking more how the Eleventh Doctor tells Amy that he and River keep meeting in the wrong order, as if this is a situation he's already getting used to.

SarahJaneFan

Postby SarahJaneFan » Mon May 15, 2017 2:30 pm

It was supposedly leaked early on the Big Finish website. I've seen a screenshot but don't know whether it's real or not. It seems as though someone at Big Finish may have accidentally put it up early. It has Ten, Rose, Jackie and Ice Warriors.
Member since July 2013

CaptainJimiPie

Re: CONFIRMED : Rose & The Tenth Doctor To Return With Big Finish

Postby CaptainJimiPie » Mon May 15, 2017 4:07 pm

It has now been confirmed as they've officially announced it via their twitter!

https://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/doctor ... nth-doctor

Return to “Doctor Who Chat”