Postby joe38658 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:27 pm

Maybe something like Jackson Lake?

jacksonlake.jpg
jacksonlake.jpg (123.6 KiB) Viewed 169 times
i dont know what to put here

Vortexsurfer

Re: Your Future Doctor Outfit Ideas!

Postby Vortexsurfer » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:51 pm

I've never quite understood why when the Doctor regenerates, one if the first things he thinks about is his wardrobe. I've always thought it would be more interesting if the new Doctor kept his predecessor's clothes for the first few stories and then gradually starts replacing bits so you don't really see the 'new' costume in its entirety until the last story of his first season.

EmeraldThorn

Postby EmeraldThorn » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:13 pm

I personally prefer they get their look sorted early on, that way there is no risk of them getting it for one episode and then they're gone after one season like Eccleston was. I had an idea in mind a few years ago that was a sort of mix of different previous doctors, was like that doctor's look but with visual cues to other versions. Wonder if I still have the manip. Might make a figure of it

speckleness

Postby speckleness » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:28 pm

Vortexsurfer wrote:I've never quite understood why when the Doctor regenerates, one if the first things he thinks about is his wardrobe. I've always thought it would be more interesting if the new Doctor kept his predecessor's clothes for the first few stories and then gradually starts replacing bits so you don't really see the 'new' costume in its entirety until the last story of his first season.

On a practical note, when he regenerates he usually changes size/height etc, so the previous outfit won't fit. :D

On a fan level, the regeneration changes his whole personality including his fashion sense. You often see with multi-doctor episodes earlier incarnations complaining about what future incarnations look like.

If you go in depth you'll see the change of clothing was needed. Ignoring 1-2's clothes regenerating with him; 2-3 he changed from a wee doctor into a 6'3" giant.

3-4 changed from a serious doctor into a bohemian wildcard; 4-5 no real reason; 5-6 the clothes were dirty (!); 6-7 the clothes swamped him; 7-8 he was naked and he had to steal them.

8-war I like to think this was a time when he acquired different bits as he went along; war-9 actually kept the same sort of leather coat but again there was a height difference; 9-10 he was wearing pyjamas; 10-11 the clothes were ruined and again he stole someone elses; 11-12 no real reason.

What I'd like to know is once he chooses a style, where does he keep getting similar styles in different colours? For example, did 10 have a selection of pinstripe suits in both brown and blue? Does 12 have a range of velvet coats in different colours? And as for 3 - well, his wardrobe must've stretch the TARDIS to it's limits!

thatgirl

Postby thatgirl » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:40 pm

"You're so confident without being mean, what anti-depressants are you on?"

Chanel Oberlin, Scream Queens

thatgirl

Postby thatgirl » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:45 pm

Patched shirt and denim skirt
Attachments
ADM-2016-Marka-Yeni-Bahar-Kadın-Takım-Işlemeli-Beyaz-G&ouml_1.jpg
Yaaaaasss
ADM-2016-Marka-Yeni-Bahar-Kadın-Takım-Işlemeli-Beyaz-G&ouml_1.jpg (49.78 KiB) Viewed 118 times
"You're so confident without being mean, what anti-depressants are you on?"

Chanel Oberlin, Scream Queens

Fourth Heir

Postby Fourth Heir » Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:27 pm

Since I just posted a pic of my own Doctor in the cosplay thread, it seems appropriate to add to this one too...

Newly regenerated, still wearing the previous incarnation's outfit...

His iconic costume (I initially started out with something rather "swashbuckler" in style and, after several weeks of development, ended up with a bit of an early 20th century adventure hero vibe)...

...and yes, that is me also playing his lovely companion, Emily - filming is a nightmare!

And a variant costume for warmer climes...

CharlieTheWhovian

Postby CharlieTheWhovian » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:59 pm

I'd like to see something Steampunk in the future, possibly with a matching console room?

Return to “Doctor Who Chat”