Ideas and Theories

Anything About Doctor Who *Caution Spoilers*

Moderator: Doctor What

TV21

Re: Ideas and Theories

Postby TV21 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:07 am

Check out Deadly Assassin and Invasion of Time - lots of Time Lord names there which don't start with THE ;)

Doctor What

Postby Doctor What » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:21 am

Before 11 regenerates, he has his whole speech about "I will not forget one line of this" etc, but now that 12 has lost his memories of Clara, he kind of has forgotten. Wonder if this was intentional? I'm guessing if Jenna was meant to leave in Last Christmas, then probably not.

SarahJaneFan

Postby SarahJaneFan » Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:15 pm

Doctor What wrote:Before 11 regenerates, he has his whole speech about "I will not forget one line of this" etc, but now that 12 has lost his memories of Clara, he kind of has forgotten. Wonder if this was intentional? I'm guessing if Jenna was meant to leave in Last Christmas, then probably not.

He won't have forgotten it, remember he knows that he travelled with someone, he knows that he travelled with someone and fought ice warriors during the Cold War and left someone on Egg Moon but he can't remember the person, so he would remember the speech, just not who he said it to.
Member since July 2013

RegeneratedContinuum

Postby RegeneratedContinuum » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:41 am

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/doctor-who ... -theories/

I thought whilst some of these are just pinches of salt, there are some useful tidbits to elaborate on. Before the usual menagerie of characters call me out for evidence etc. They are stated as FAN theories, I see them as good launch pads for development and discussion.

Galactic yo yo

Postby Galactic yo yo » Tue May 16, 2017 4:44 pm

The dream lord is the Valeyard. Think about it.
The master: the Valeyard is a imalgamation of the darker side of your nature, somewhere between your 12th and final incarnation (13th)

The 11th (13th) doctor: everything dark inside you, gives it a voice, turns it against you.
They sound pretty similar.

Some people may argue that because the dream lord has no power over the real world, he can't be. In that case here is how I think the dream lord became the Valeyard:
The ending of amy's choice implied that he was still alive in the doctor's mind, which is connected to the matrix like all the other time lords, he escapes into the matrix where he learns how to control it like in trial of a timelord, how to change the events seen in the evidence.
He then possesses the mind of the real Valeyard on gallifrey to get a real body and is able to set up the doctor's trial, where the doctor would have had his mind trapped in the matrix and the Valeyard gets his body. It would also explain how he possesses the gatekeeper at the end of the episode.
"it's seems that I am some kind of a galactic yo yo" - Jon Pertwee, The Claws of Axos

Merlin the happy pig

Postby Merlin the happy pig » Tue May 16, 2017 8:03 pm

the time lords war with the "enemy" shown in the eighth doctor books occurs much further in gallifreys future than the "last" great time war, as the time lords in the edas clearly have much more advance tech than those in the tv show (such as tardies which have independent thought that can look like people) all show that this gallifrey is far beyond even the 12th doctors time, also connected to this theory it the idea that the war king from "the taking of planet five" is a far future incarnation of the master.
"Always be wary of people who use quotes, I don't know who said that" - murdoc niccals

Tidmouth Yard

Postby Tidmouth Yard » Wed May 17, 2017 7:55 am

Not sure if this has ever been made reference to, but I've always thought McGann's console room was the Secondary. It would explain why the War Doctor's looks the way it does as it could be the original.

Whovastron

Postby Whovastron » Wed May 17, 2017 8:27 am

The Cybermen that obeyed Missy were not full Cybermen.

I've been thinking about this, mainly because it annoys me how she controlled them easily. I think they were not fully integrated into the "Cyberiad" and were just body conversions, it would explain how a simple device could control them, and why the programming didn't work for Danny and the Brig. The Cybermen gave Missy the tools and "funding" to set up on Earth, with the promise of billions of soldiers. But she never delivered.

TW.
Been on here 7 years...blimey

Doctor What

Postby Doctor What » Wed May 17, 2017 8:54 am

Whovastron wrote:The Cybermen that obeyed Missy were not full Cybermen.

I've been thinking about this, mainly because it annoys me how she controlled them easily. I think they were not fully integrated into the "Cyberiad" and were just body conversions, it would explain how a simple device could control them, and why the programming didn't work for Danny and the Brig. The Cybermen gave Missy the tools and "funding" to set up on Earth, with the promise of billions of soldiers. But she never delivered.

TW.

I've thought this too, i like to think they just gave her the "cyber starter pack".

Whovastron

Postby Whovastron » Wed May 17, 2017 9:46 am

Doctor What wrote:
Whovastron wrote:The Cybermen that obeyed Missy were not full Cybermen.

TW.

I've thought this too, i like to think they just gave her the "cyber starter pack".

Perhaps she was their R&D department, promising to convert the Dead, that could be a way from them to "de-power" the Cybermen in the future, say that only Missy was able to convert dead people. Unfortunately writers never seen that bothered by explaining Cyber-history. The idea that the Cybermen have a linear, understandable history is a theory in itself! :lol: :cry:

TW.
Been on here 7 years...blimey

Return to “Doctor Who Chat”