Series 11 Discussion Thread (SPOILERS)

Anything About Doctor Who *Caution Spoilers*

Moderator: Doctor What

Doctor What

Re: Series 11 Discussion Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby Doctor What » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:24 pm

Deborah J wrote:That's a lot better than that last one, really gives the first sort of flavour of what the new series is going to be like. And it looks great! Stunning cinematography, Jodie just oozing charisma, a sense of a real team dynamic just from that little bit we saw, I'm so stoked for this new series, can we have it now? I don't want to wait 2 more weeks.

I heard that they might be changing to a more cinematic aspect ratio as well, it really does look great.

Chibnall has also said that we won't see the proper titles until episode 2 (The Ghost Monument). I think they'll do something different for the first one, like maybe the start of Day of the Doctor but with Jodie falling through the air?

idontremembermylogin wrote:I really hope that the episodes don't have similar soundtracks to the trailers. I don't want edgy teen drama Doctor Who.

Yeah the music is crap honestly, would have preffered something that fits Doctor Who a little better.

Deborah J

Postby Deborah J » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:25 pm

Doctor What wrote:Chibnall has also said that we won't see the proper titles until episode 2 (The Ghost Monument). I think they'll do something different for the first one, like maybe the start of Day of the Doctor but with Jodie falling through the air?

Yes, I heard that too, I was a bit unsure how I felt about that at first, but I'm sure it'll all make sense and be great when we see what's up.

Whovastron

Postby Whovastron » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:16 pm

Started off strong but kinda lost momentum. Shame they didn’t show any monsters, I suppose they’re keeping them under wraps, but it’s a big selling point of the show. Nice trailer though, looking forward to the series

TW.
Been on here 7 years...blimey

Doctor What

Postby Doctor What » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:43 pm

Whovastron wrote:Started off strong but kinda lost momentum. Shame they didn’t show any monsters, I suppose they’re keeping them under wraps, but it’s a big selling point of the show. Nice trailer though, looking forward to the series

TW.

There are monsters in there, but only very briefly. There's the Sontaran/Judoon looking things, a giant spider and a wire-monster. Is it just me or is this trailer far too fast paced?

CaptainJimiPie

Postby CaptainJimiPie » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:21 pm

Doctor What wrote:There are monsters in there, but only very briefly. There's the Sontaran/Judoon looking things, a giant spider and a wire-monster. Is it just me or is this trailer far too fast paced?

I've already seen people saying that this proves there are classic monsters returning (The Eight Legs) :roll: :roll:

All I know is that is certainly one episode where I will be hiding behind the sofa :lol: :lol:

Whovastron

Postby Whovastron » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:25 pm

I’m happy there’s no classic monsters returning. As fun as it is, it’s fresh. Also I hope that there’s episodes without alien enemies, it’s something that has been sorely missing since...like the 80s

TW.

Deborah J

Postby Deborah J » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:37 pm

I'd also like non-scifi led historical stories, I think they'd add something to the series. The old 60s episodes and Black Orchid (I just watched BO the other day) have just something different to offer, there are even a few books that got rereleased a year or two back that I read where they were just historicals and it's such an interesting idea, the doctor and friends getting caught up in historical events, famous or otherwise, and having to get themselves out again without damaging the overall narrative of history, that is an idea with so much potential. But no, apparently even in the 60s if it didn't go pew-pew-pew the audience just fall asleep. I'm keeping my fingers crossed though, some day we'll get one.

Whovastron

Postby Whovastron » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:28 am

Deborah J wrote:I'd also like non-scifi led historical stories, I think they'd add something to the series. The old 60s episodes and Black Orchid (I just watched BO the other day) have just something different to offer, there are even a few books that got rereleased a year or two back that I read where they were just historicals and it's such an interesting idea, the doctor and friends getting caught up in historical events, famous or otherwise, and having to get themselves out again without damaging the overall narrative of history, that is an idea with so much potential. But no, apparently even in the 60s if it didn't go pew-pew-pew the audience just fall asleep. I'm keeping my fingers crossed though, some day we'll get one.

There is a rumour that that is what is going to happen. There’s also a rumour that the show is going to try to be more educational, and have an equal split between stories set in the past, present, future and earth/alien worlds.

TW.

Deborah J

Postby Deborah J » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:10 am

Whovastron wrote:There is a rumour that that is what is going to happen. There’s also a rumour that the show is going to try to be more educational, and have an equal split between stories set in the past, present, future and earth/alien worlds.

TW.

I hope so. There's one of the heavily rumoured storylines that is recent enough and culturally relevant enough right now that I think making a plotline with "it was aliens the whole time" type story would be kind of disrespectful

TheSparrow

Postby TheSparrow » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:37 pm

Series 11 premieres at 6:45 next Sunday. I'm glad I don't miss it because of work, to be honest.
I love this forum. It must have taken me half a decade to make an account on here, though :lol:

Return to “Doctor Who Chat”