Series 11 Discussion Thread (SPOILERS)

Anything About Doctor Who *Caution Spoilers*

Moderator: Doctor What

Doctor What

Re: Series 11 Discussion Thread

Postby Doctor What » Wed May 17, 2017 5:55 pm

Yeah i think it's pretty likely it's getting a redesign. I just hope they go more spaceship than coral reef/messy dumping ground this time.

Whovastron

Postby Whovastron » Thu May 18, 2017 10:02 am

Doctor What wrote:Yeah i think it's pretty likely it's getting a redesign. I just hope they go more spaceship than coral reef/messy dumping ground this time.

It's like that right now though?

TW.
Been on here 7 years...blimey

Doctor What

Postby Doctor What » Thu May 18, 2017 10:23 am

Whovastron wrote:
Doctor What wrote:Yeah i think it's pretty likely it's getting a redesign. I just hope they go more spaceship than coral reef/messy dumping ground this time.

It's like that right now though?

TW.

I know but I don't think they'll keep it, they'll probably want a fresh start. I really like the current design but it's just not likely to stick around.

Valeyard

Postby Valeyard » Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:35 pm

Considering that Series 11 will probably have some Earth based episodes, and will likely be set in 2018, does anyone think there may be references to Salamander and 'The Enemy of The World', or will they be ignored?

~Valeyard

Doctor What

Postby Doctor What » Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:36 pm

Valeyard wrote:Considering that Series 11 will probably have some Earth based episodes, and will likely be set in 2018, does anyone think there may be references to Salamander and 'The Enemy of The World', or will they be ignored?

~Valeyard

I thought that when I watched Enemy of the World. I hope so, but I think it's unlikely. We still know nothing about that "minister of war" throwaway line from Before The Flood, maybe Chibnall will explore that and that will tie into Salamander?

speckleness

Postby speckleness » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:55 pm

Looks like Kris Marshall could still be cast in the show. Who would he be? A companion? The Master - (too soon?)?

Whovastron

Postby Whovastron » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:13 pm

speckleness wrote:Looks like Kris Marshall could still be cast in the show. Who would he be? A companion? The Master - (too soon?)?

It think the speculation is just based on that he isn't the Doctor. There's no actual evidence of his involvement in the show. I would like a male and female companion. I don't think the Doctor would suddenly decide that he prefers male companions because he has become a woman.

Then again, I think he would make an interesting companion. I really want a good male companion in the show, rather than one that lasts for 2/3 episodes (Adam and Jack and mickey), is a boyfriend (mickey and Rory) or doesn't want to be there (Rory and Nardole).
Whilst Rory is the closest to a good male companion we've had, his story arc literally is that he doesn't like the Doctor and ultimately wins and proving himself right to Amy when the Doctor takes her faith in him away. Series 7 is the only time he actually wants to be there.

TW.
Been on here 7 years...blimey

Galactic yo yo

Postby Galactic yo yo » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:28 pm

Episode ideas for series 11:
Episode 1: A pure historical about the liberation of African Americans slaves in the 1800s or the suffragette movement. This could be a good way to acknowledge the doctor's new gender, placing the Doctor in a setting where women had less rights is much better than just a 11th hour style present day story with a pointless sexist characters or something. this could be a good place to find a companion from a different time period possibly played by Dominique Moore.
Episode 2: set in space, the Doctor and her new companion meet an sly alien con man played by Bradley Walsh, sort of like a Glitz type character, on the run from a war hungry alien race he ripped off. Walsh joins the tardis crew to escape getting caught.
Episode 3: obligatory Dalek story, it might be interesting idea to go back to the Dalek civil war, with the doctor teaming up with a group of slightly more humane Daleks, it would continue with the theme of not judging someone just for being different and would allow character to sell two types of Dalek toys, the traditional 2005 model, hopefully in a new colour and these new types of daleks.
"it's seems that I am some kind of a galactic yo yo" - Jon Pertwee, The Claws of Axos

speckleness

Postby speckleness » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:20 pm

Why can't we just have some good old creepy romps without the issue-pushing?

SarahJaneFan

Postby SarahJaneFan » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:54 pm

speckleness wrote:Why can't we just have some good old creepy romps without the issue-pushing?

Cuz 2017. Get with the narrative.
Member since July 2013

Return to “Doctor Who Chat”