Series 11 Discussion Thread (SPOILERS)

Anything About Doctor Who *Caution Spoilers*

Moderator: Doctor What

User avatar
Doctor What
Posts: 1087
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:16 pm
Location: Stuck in the sodding time vortex again!

Re: Series 11 Discussion Thread

Postby Doctor What » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:47 pm

Valeyard wrote:Well, they revealed the companions. Thoughts?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/doctorwho/en ... cba0a5c9da

Personally, I like the casting. Bradley's great, and I've never heard of the other two, who I'm guessing are relatively unknown, so this should be interesting. So long as not all of them are from present day Earth, of course.

~Valeyard

Yep I like this. So many people are just hating it for no reason at all. Lots also saying that three is too many/no confidence in female doctor, when Hartnell, Troughton and Davison have all had three companions before.

Also, they've revealed that we'll have ten 50 minute episodes, and only the first will be 60.

Sharon D Clarke will also be in the show as a "returning role" (assuming they mean a "recurring character" kind of like Danny Pink or something).
Image

User avatar
Doctor909
Posts: 123
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:05 pm
Location: Somewhere in the TARDIS... Does anyone have a map?
Contact:

Re: Series 11 Discussion Thread

Postby Doctor909 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:56 pm

Doctor What wrote:
Sharon D Clarke will also be in the show as a "returning role" (assuming they mean a "recurring character" kind of like Danny Pink or something).

My guess is that this could be a family dynamic and maybe Sharon is playing the mum and Bradley the dad and the other two the children where the dad and kids fly away and come back in time for tea? Probably not but just an idea.
Personally I'm interested to see what Chibnall's got up his sleve the series does sound promising!!!
Currently writing for "Project Whovian" and the all new unofficial SJA Spin-off "Subwave". If you're looking for a writer, please DM as I'm happy to help!

User avatar
Doctor What
Posts: 1087
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:16 pm
Location: Stuck in the sodding time vortex again!

Re: Series 11 Discussion Thread

Postby Doctor What » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:00 pm

The amount of instant hate is actually annoying me. Fair enough be apprenhensive, but give it a flipping chance! Don't just hate it without seeing it!

I hope we get a simlar thing to Tegan's run with the 5th Doctor, where everyone from the original lineup leaves and she sticks around to see everything change. Could make for some interesting character development.
Image

SarahJaneFan
Posts: 1046
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:04 pm

Re: Series 11 Discussion Thread

Postby SarahJaneFan » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:08 pm

I’m surprised that I’ve actually heard of all three. I’m excited for Bradley and Mandip, but I don’t really have anything to say about the other guy. I’m happy there’s a large Tardis team, I just hope that with four in the Tardis, no one gets overshadowed.

This is a brilliant opportunity though, finally we get something that feels refreshing and new while also harking back to the classic era.
Image
Member since July 2013

User avatar
Galactic yo yo
Posts: 657
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:34 pm

Re: Series 11 Discussion Thread

Postby Galactic yo yo » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:58 am

3 companions might be a bit much, other than that it's the tardis team I had in mind. As long as Bradley is an alien and the other two are humans from the past, I'll be happy.
"it's seems that I am some kind of a galactic yo yo" - Jon Pertwee, The Claws of Axos

User avatar
idontremembermylogin
Posts: 118
Joined: Sat May 13, 2017 12:58 pm
Location: Dubai
Contact:

Re: Series 11 Discussion Thread

Postby idontremembermylogin » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:45 pm

Valeyard wrote:Well, they revealed the companions. Thoughts?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/doctorwho/en ... cba0a5c9da

Personally, I like the casting. Bradley's great, and I've never heard of the other two, who I'm guessing are relatively unknown, so this should be interesting. So long as not all of them are from present day Earth, of course.

~Valeyard


Probably just a typo, but the article says it was announced on the 10th of October.
Yes you're right, they don't even sell Doctor Who figures in Dubai.

User avatar
Galactic yo yo
Posts: 657
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:34 pm

Re: Series 11 Discussion Thread

Postby Galactic yo yo » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:16 pm

I've just realised, next year is the 55th Anniversary, I wonder how the show will celebrate it.
Apparently this is a family joining the tardis, if so one way to acknowledge the birthday is to have them be from the 1960s.
"it's seems that I am some kind of a galactic yo yo" - Jon Pertwee, The Claws of Axos

SarahJaneFan
Posts: 1046
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:04 pm

Re: Series 11 Discussion Thread

Postby SarahJaneFan » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:02 pm

Galactic yo yo wrote:I've just realised, next year is the 55th Anniversary, I wonder how the show will celebrate it.
Apparently this is a family joining the tardis, if so one way to acknowledge the birthday is to have them be from the 1960s.


Where has it said that they’re a family? All I’ve seen is speculation.
Image
Member since July 2013

User avatar
Galactic yo yo
Posts: 657
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:34 pm

Re: Series 11 Discussion Thread

Postby Galactic yo yo » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:23 pm

SarahJaneFan wrote:
Galactic yo yo wrote:I've just realised, next year is the 55th Anniversary, I wonder how the show will celebrate it.
Apparently this is a family joining the tardis, if so one way to acknowledge the birthday is to have them be from the 1960s.


Where has it said that they’re a family? All I’ve seen is speculation.


I know it's a rumour I was just suggesting this if it's true
"it's seems that I am some kind of a galactic yo yo" - Jon Pertwee, The Claws of Axos

SarahJaneFan
Posts: 1046
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:04 pm

Re: Series 11 Discussion Thread

Postby SarahJaneFan » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:28 pm

Galactic yo yo wrote:
SarahJaneFan wrote:
Galactic yo yo wrote:I've just realised, next year is the 55th Anniversary, I wonder how the show will celebrate it.
Apparently this is a family joining the tardis, if so one way to acknowledge the birthday is to have them be from the 1960s.


Where has it said that they’re a family? All I’ve seen is speculation.


I know it's a rumour I was just suggesting this if it's true


I hope they aren’t a family, and that they’re completely separate people from different places. But let’s face it, they’re either going to be a family or a teacher and two students, which makes sense as it’d harm back to the Hartnell era after One being involved in Twelve’s Regeneration.
Image
Member since July 2013


Return to “Doctor Who Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests