Your Future Doctor Outfit Ideas!

Anything About Doctor Who *Caution Spoilers*

Moderator: Doctor What

CaptainJimiPie

Your Future Doctor Outfit Ideas!

Postby CaptainJimiPie » Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:57 pm

EDIT : This was original about The Thirteenth Doctor's outfits but I've updated to title to be about ANY outfit ideas for future incarnations

After a recent mix up over a tweet about The Thirteenth Doctors outfit it did get me thinking it could be a good idea for a thread, so what would you like to see?

Going by the "joke" photo (which I'm still hoping might come true) here are my thoughts

The "joke" reveal photo

Jacket : Normal suit jacket in length but made up of a patchwork of materials, similar to the Sixth Doctors, but all in different shades of one colour
Under clothes : Plain shirt (possibly with question marks on the collars) and a knitted cardigan over the top, perhaps with these different colours buttons the Cardigan was very underused in Capaldi's Doctor so I think it deserves a proper outfit!
Trousers : Normally trousers but with the same pattern fabric as in the photo
Shoes :Undecided, I actually wouldn't mind seeing the converse making a return but before that I actually think the kind of Third Doctor riding boot would look interesting!
Last edited by CaptainJimiPie on Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Doctor What

Re: Your Thirteenth Doctor Outfit Ideas!

Postby Doctor What » Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:07 pm

Boots like Tom Baker/ Paul McGann

Gloves would be interesting, Pertwee wore them now and again.

Good hat maybe, a bit different from previous Doctors but not silly like the fez or a top hat.

Maybe not a totally clean look, a little scruffy

A steampunk style would be nice

A bandolier for the sonic/other gadgets

A fair bit of colour, not all black or brown.

12 actually has a sonic holster now apparently, you can kind of see him using it is mysterio/the time for heroes trailer where he seems to take it from his belt rather than his coat pocket.

Galactic yo yo

Postby Galactic yo yo » Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:31 pm

Something that makes him stand out in a crowd, something that makes you say "that guy looks weird".
A red coat jacket like this..
Screenshot_2017-04-07-19-27-11.png
Screenshot_2017-04-07-19-27-11.png (143.61 KiB) Viewed 1319 times

with a shirt and waistcoat that's not white and black, possibly a hat as well.
"it's seems that I am some kind of a galactic yo yo" - Jon Pertwee, The Claws of Axos

speckleness

Postby speckleness » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:23 pm

who.png
who.png (174.95 KiB) Viewed 1314 times

:D

The_Master

Postby The_Master » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:48 pm

CaptainJimiPie wrote:After a recent mix up over a tweet about The Thirteenth Doctors outfit it did get me thinking it could be a good idea for a thread, so what would you like to see?

Going by the "joke" photo (which I'm still hoping might come true) here are my thoughts

The "joke" reveal photo

Jacket : Normal suit jacket in length but made up of a patchwork of materials, similar to the Sixth Doctors, but all in different shades of one colour
Under clothes : Plain shirt (possibly with question marks on the collars) and a knitted cardigan over the top, perhaps with these different colours buttons the Cardigan was very underused in Capaldi's Doctor so I think it deserves a proper outfit!
Trousers : Normally trousers but with the same pattern fabric as in the photo
Shoes :Undecided, I actually wouldn't mind seeing the converse making a return but before that I actually think the kind of Third Doctor riding boot would look interesting!

Love the idea of patchwork of materials with one shade of colour

Jacket: Green, or plum/purple jacket patchwork of materials with one shade of colour. With embroidered question mark on the jacket side pocket.
Unde clothes: White t-shirt. Plan simple.
Trousers: Normal black jeans/trousers.
Shoes: Not sure, Tan shoes maybe.

bad geminton

Postby bad geminton » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:51 pm

I feel like this would be better reserved until we actually know who's playing the doctor. What looks good on one person could look terrible on another.
Do you know who I miss? That guy with the potatoes, let's bring him back...

The_Master

Postby The_Master » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:54 pm

bad geminton wrote:I feel like this would be better reserved until we actually know who's playing the doctor. What looks good on one person could look terrible on another.

Very true

speckleness

Postby speckleness » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:03 pm

bad geminton wrote:I feel like this would be better reserved until we actually know who's playing the doctor. What looks good on one person could look terrible on another.

Very true indeed...

10 as 6.jpg
10 as 6.jpg (57.67 KiB) Viewed 1302 times

speckleness

Postby speckleness » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:09 pm

In fact, tripley true indeed....

8as6.jpg
8as6.jpg (57.55 KiB) Viewed 1297 times

CaptainJimiPie

Re: Your Future Doctor Outfit Ideas!

Postby CaptainJimiPie » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:39 pm

The_Master wrote:

Very true

With that in mind I've updated the idea of this thread to just a general outfit ideas for future Doctors, that way people don't have to worry about who may or may not be wearing it :)

Return to “Doctor Who Chat”