Shada Animation (2017)

Anything About Doctor Who *Caution Spoilers*

Moderator: Doctor What

Doctor What

Re: Shada Animation (2017)

Postby Doctor What » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:21 pm

Since the animations are looking to be one a year now, what would everyone like to see next? I'd guess they would want to do a Hartnell one (kind of surprised this year's wasn't a Hartnell one since it would be perfect timing really). Personally I'd quite like The Massacre, but i guess they'd go for something more marketable. Celestial Toymaker maybe? I can't see them doing Masterplan sicne it''s so long.

SarahJaneFan

Postby SarahJaneFan » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:30 pm

Doctor What wrote:Since the animations are looking to be one a year now, what would everyone like to see next? I'd guess they would want to do a Hartnell one (kind of surprised this year's wasn't a Hartnell one since it would be perfect timing really). Personally I'd quite like The Massacre, but i guess they'd go for something more marketable. Celestial Toymaker maybe? I can't see them doing Masterplan sicne it''s so long.

Evil of the Daleks is the next logical choice, being around the same length as Power of the Daleks and Shada, and having a popular selling point (like Power had the Daleks and the fact it was Troughton’s first story and Shada having Tom and being written by Douglas Adams) in the Daleks. Though I do agree that it would also make sense for them to animate a Hartnell story. My guess would be Marco Polo. It’s a practically legendary Hartnell missing story and would complete Season 1 on DVD if animated, it’s 7 parts rather than six but I’m sure they could stretch to one extra episode.

Other realistic suggestions would be ;

The Faceless Ones
Fury from the Deep
The Abominable Snowmen
The Wheel in Space
The Space Pirates

It would be a lot cheaper to do stories like the Massacre and the Celestial Toymaker but I have a feeling that the aim for this run of stories is for them to animate some of the longer missing episodes and ones that would have a made a larger impact on the lore.
Member since July 2013

Valeyard

Postby Valeyard » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:48 pm

If they were to animate Fury From The Deep, I'd buy the DVD, Blu Ray and Steelbook.

~Valeyard

Doctor What

Postby Doctor What » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:56 am

Cover for the DVD/blu-ray. Judging by the spine, there should be a reversible cover as before.

shada-dvd-1.jpg
shada-dvd-1.jpg (184.69 KiB) Viewed 870 times

EmeraldThorn

Postby EmeraldThorn » Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:55 am

Still rather they just stick to the normal covers and have the full image as a bonus poster

Doctor What

Postby Doctor What » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:11 pm

The steelbook description has been updated, it contains a third disc which has the 1992 VHS version as well as the animated Paul McGann version. This seems to only come with the steelbook, and not the regular blu-ray or DVD.

Galactic yo yo

Postby Galactic yo yo » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:29 pm

Listening to Lalla Ward in this, she is really getting sick of this story
"it's seems that I am some kind of a galactic yo yo" - Jon Pertwee, The Claws of Axos

SarahJaneFan

Postby SarahJaneFan » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:09 pm

Galactic yo yo wrote:Listening to Lalla Ward in this, she is really getting sick of this story

She’s probably gotten to the point now where she knows all the lines from memory.
Member since July 2013

skifflebits

Postby skifflebits » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:27 pm

Is it out in the UK, then? Not going to be out in the US for a while, and I still haven't heard if it's going to be on iTunes.
Life's too short to engage with chuckleheads.

SarahJaneFan

Postby SarahJaneFan » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:11 pm

skifflebits wrote:Is it out in the UK, then? Not going to be out in the US for a while, and I still haven't heard if it's going to be on iTunes.

It’s been on ITunes since last week, and it’s supposed to be officially released on DVD/Blu-ray tomorrow but most of those who preordered got it on Saturday.

I’ve not got a clue if it’s on the US iTunes or not if there’s even a difference between the US and UK stores.
Member since July 2013

Return to “Doctor Who Chat”