Bradley Walsh as the new Companion?...

Anything About Doctor Who *Caution Spoilers*

Moderator: Doctor What

SarahJaneFan

Bradley Walsh as the new Companion?...

Postby SarahJaneFan » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:20 pm

So yeah, the mirror are currently reporting this so take it with a pinch of salt. What do you guys think? I thought he was great in SJA and would happily welcome him as the new companion. Finally getting an older companion would be something massive and new to go alongside the already vastly humongous change of the Doctor's gender.

IMG_2885.JPG
IMG_2885.JPG (47.21 KiB) Viewed 880 times

Here's a link to the article ;

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/brad ... 028647.amp
Member since July 2013

dalekkiller

Re: Bradley Walsh as the new Companion?...

Postby dalekkiller » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:18 am

:lol: h

Doctor What

Postby Doctor What » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:27 am

This just sound bizzare. Is it confirmed? Lots of headlines seem to think it is...

Also who was he in SJA?

CaptainJimiPie

Postby CaptainJimiPie » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:29 am

Bearing in mind this is being reported by the same Mirror who were ADAMANT that Kris Marshall was 110% absolutely sure, confirmed to be The Next Doctor...and when they got that wrong they put his name forward as the companion too

bad geminton

Postby bad geminton » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:38 am

Strange as this may sound, my friend pointed out to me that Bradley walsh bears more than a passing resemblance to Anthony Ainley. I even knocked together this picture for him, so I'd been hoping the bbc would notice this and use him for that in a sort of David Bradley sort of way somehow.

walsh.jpg
walsh.jpg (30.7 KiB) Viewed 854 times
Do you know who I miss? That guy with the potatoes, let's bring him back...

Galactic yo yo

Postby Galactic yo yo » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:43 am

No offense to Bradley, but I don't see him as companion, maybe the master though.
"it's seems that I am some kind of a galactic yo yo" - Jon Pertwee, The Claws of Axos

Whovastron

Postby Whovastron » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:40 am

Doctor What wrote:This just sound bizzare. Is it confirmed? Lots of headlines seem to think it is...

Also who was he in SJA?

He was the Pied Piper/Odball the Clown

Considering that was one of the creepiest villains in SJA, I think he could do great as the Master.

Come to think of it, SJA has had more memorable original monsters and NuWho! Androvax, the Pied Piper, the Nightmare Man, the Trickster, the guy in the ghost house, Eve, the Bane

SJA really did villains well!

TW.
11 years of Doctor Who figures!

Galactic yo yo

Postby Galactic yo yo » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:30 pm

As long as he's not from the 21st century he'll be fine. Or he could even play an alien, that be cool. Glad we're not going to get just a male equivalent of ace, probably called Ross, Martin or Don.
"it's seems that I am some kind of a galactic yo yo" - Jon Pertwee, The Claws of Axos

Whovastron

Postby Whovastron » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:13 pm

I really don't think it should just be a male companion, just cause the Doctor has changed gender doesn't mean his preferences will suddenly change. But I also don't think it should just be a female companion. Personally I would like a male and female companion akin to Jamie/Victoria or Jamie/Zoe. Two conpanions from different times and places, and male and female.

TW.
11 years of Doctor Who figures!

The Empty Child

Postby The Empty Child » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:51 pm

Whovastron wrote:Come to think of it, SJA has had more memorable original monsters and NuWho! Androvax, the Pied Piper, the Nightmare Man, the Trickster, the guy in the ghost house

You say they're memorable, and you can't remember one of their names. :lol: Sorry to be harsh, but I love irony. His name was Erasmus Darkening.

Return to “Doctor Who Chat”