Bradley Walsh as the new Companion?...

Anything About Doctor Who *Caution Spoilers*

Moderator: Doctor What

Whovastron

Re: Bradley Walsh as the new Companion?...

Postby Whovastron » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:09 pm

The Empty Child wrote:
Whovastron wrote:Come to think of it, SJA has had more memorable original monsters and NuWho! Androvax, the Pied Piper, the Nightmare Man, the Trickster, the guy in the ghost house

You say they're memorable, and you can't remember one of their names. :lol: Sorry to be harsh, but I love irony. His name was Erasmus Darkening.

Yeah thought that myself :lol: he was still a good villain though, I honestly don't think there's many aliens or general monsters and villains that aren't well done in SJA, DW needs to take note. Even SJA made the Slitheen work, I remember the teachers being really creepy in Revenge of the Slitheen, the kid maybe not, but other than that.

TW.
11 years of Doctor Who figures!

Vortexsurfer

Postby Vortexsurfer » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:54 pm

This report just takes me back to when RTD first brought the series back. Before Eccleston was cast, all the papers were bouncing around light entertainment stars as being cast as the Doctor, as if that's the only sort of performer who would be interested/be accepted.
Like Eccleston, Jodie Whittaker is a solid, serious, established character actor and whoever plays her companion should be just as strong. It shouldn't ever feel like stunt casting.

... Then again, Billie Piper was considered a teen pop star until she did Doctor Who so you never know...

DukeNukem 2417

Postby DukeNukem 2417 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:05 pm

If Chibnall decides to bring back Borusa, Bradley Walsh would be my choice to fill the part. It'd be interesting to see the Doctor traveling with another Time Lord.....

SarahJaneFan

Postby SarahJaneFan » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:35 pm

Bradley Walsh is on the Jonathan Ross show right now, I’m interested to see if they mention the Doctor Who rumours, as it seems like something Jonathan Ross would bring up.
Member since July 2013

Return to “Doctor Who Chat”