David Bradley joins Big Finish First Doctor Adventures

Anything About Doctor Who *Caution Spoilers*

Moderator: Doctor What

TOMFAN

Re: David Bradley joins Big Finish First Doctor Adventures

Postby TOMFAN » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:18 am

SarahJaneFan wrote:I heard that William Russell is retiring from the audios, I mean he is pretty old so I wouldn't be surprised if he was going to retire and step away from this scene. Which makes this make a lot more sense..

He said recently that he is happy to do more, BF just don't seem to want to use him!

His audios have been some of the best that BF have done, and he has still got a fantastic voice, and for them not to use his him while he is still willing and able, is just crazy!

SarahJaneFan

Re: David Bradley joins Big Finish First Doctor Adventures

Postby SarahJaneFan » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:38 pm

TOMFAN wrote:
SarahJaneFan wrote:I heard that William Russell is retiring from the audios, I mean he is pretty old so I wouldn't be surprised if he was going to retire and step away from this scene. Which makes this make a lot more sense..

He said recently that he is happy to do more, BF just don't seem to want to use him!

His audios have been some of the best that BF have done, and he has still got a fantastic voice, and for them not to use his him while he is still willing and able, is just crazy!

I've only heard one of his audios and I wasn't a fan. Of both his performance and the story itself, though I was extremely impressed with Carole Ann Ford and it made me like Susan a lot more. And I don't think it's so much a matter of Big Finish not wanting to use him but actually finding somewhere they can use him. Considering the First and Second Doctors have been getting four stories a year each depending on whether it's their slot for Early Adventures or Companion Chronicles, excluding the Short Trips. There's loads of actors to use coming from the First Doctor era, I mean the only ones they can't use at this point are Dodo and Katarina so it's no surprise that they're trying to fit everyone in somewhere. Though I don't see why it was necessary to do two Ben and Polly stories in the CCs this year instead of giving a slot to Carole or Russell when Anneke and Elliot are doing Second Doctor EAs this year anyway.
Member since July 2013

Return to “Doctor Who Chat”